Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    its clear that not all the best players end up playing on these DA teams for many different reason. Its becoming more a status for the parents to say well my kid plays DA.
    My kid does not start 75% of the time and plays scrap minutes but it make my ego feel better knowing he is on the DA team.

Comment

Same crappie coaching as 10 years ago. Has any club lost the DA because the lack of development...NO. Same crap different league

Comment

This game is as much about attitude and confidence as anything. I have watched some of these kids in DA and they are just way to nice. Most play a clean game with an occasional smart foul. I want to see mean and nasty with confidence, most of these kids cant handle pressure leading to bad decision making. Most of the goals scored in the U.S. are not due to great creative play but because of defensive mistakes. in other words we are lacking all over the place. The system is a good one just not being managed correctly. Club Bias is killing the system lets be real Boca and IMG are perfect examples of this. cant win a game against a mediocre travel team but are DA. IMG pay way to much money to play and Boca felt bad for little Juan that paid 3000.00 a year since he was 9. This is the worst cut the kids and put the kids in the system who deserve the spot. Why don't you actively recruit?
        overseas they play for their next meal. totally different.

you have some kids in DA that truly love the game. but as they get older most do it for their parents. even as young as u13 or u14 you can tell most of the kids are there to keep their parents happy. then there's the kids that are in DA b/c of who dad is. that is about 15%-20% of kids on a roster. those parents are doing a disservice to their kid.

Comment

How many of those players came through the DA. I would guess not many. The next World Cup we should see some.
          That's because none of the DA players were to young and they brought in a bunch of players outside the USA that had a military daddy's,etc .

College soccer is our biggest gap.

You can't really say DA is working because our us national team u18-24 is awful..just watch a game and tell me different

Comment

The biggest issue is DA team play in a bubble. They do not play outside the DA system. "You can call the DA coach and set up a scrimmage" rarely happens. If you want to get better, you have to play teams with different styles, not just the same robotic style. The other things are as a DA player soccer is all work. The players are not allowed to play high school or any other organized soccer. How can you learn to love and have a passion for the game if it always work?

Comment

The biggest issue is DA team play in a bubble. They do not play outside the DA system. "You can call the DA coach and set up a scrimmage" rarely happens. If you want to get better, you have to play teams with different styles, not just the same robotic style. The other things are as a DA player soccer is all work. The players are not allowed to play high school or any other organized soccer. How can you learn to love and have a passion for the game if it always work?
              Japan's women don't play any games until 12yrs old. They train. All work and no play. Dominating at the U18-23WNT and a world power at the national team level. Having fun might be something, but other nations are having success without that being a primary component.

Comment

Same crappie coaching as 10 years ago. Has any club lost the DA because the lack of development...NO. Same crap different league
                Yes they have, SC United Battery this year, lack of development and lack of consistent standard of training environment

Comment

Japan's women don't play any games until 12yrs old. They train. All work and no play. Dominating at the U18-23WNT and a world power at the national team level. Having fun might be something, but other nations are having success without that being a primary component.
                  That is spot on I have a good friend whose son is now u9 and he is getting pressured to put him on a competitive team. I gave him this advice. I said if I could do it all over again I would keep my son in rec till u14. Instead of spending the money I spent on competitive, I would find a good soccer trainer and speed and agility coach. U14 I would have him make the switch.

Comment

I live in the Tampa bay area and my son plays for a DA U13 team. This is our 1st year in the DA. We have played at a few of the clubs in the Tampa bay area and we have played most all of the teams at his age level. He has been playing competitive soccer since he was 6 years old. I can tell you that at least at the 03 ages, there is no better collection of soccer talent and competition in the Tampa bay area. It is true that IMG 03's are not that good, but I would put them at the level of being a top non DA team. Short of us moving to Europe or South America, I can see no other option for my kid to be a part of. The coaching has been very good and the increased competition and extra practices are improving my son's soccer ability. He has the framework and now it is up to him to take it to even a higher level. If he works his tail off and is able to make it to the older teams, he will be seen by National team coaches and far more top college coaches than any other player in the Tampa bay area. I know many people are down on the DA system and I am sure that there are other paths in soccer, but why do you care that some kids want to play against, in FL or nationwide, and alongside the best players in the area?

Comment

That is spot on I have a good friend whose son is now u9 and he is getting pressured to put him on a competitive team. I gave him this advice. I said if I could do it all over again I would keep my son in rec till u14. Instead of spending the money I spent on competitive, I would find a good soccer trainer and speed and agility coach. U14 I would have him make the switch.
                      Yeah OK, rec until U14?? Have you ever seen a rec player that trys to play competitive at age 13 or 14?

Comment

I live in the Tampa bay area and my son plays for a DA U13 team. This is our 1st year in the DA. We have played at a few of the clubs in the Tampa bay area and we have played most all of the teams at his age level. He has been playing competitive soccer since he was 6 years old. I can tell you that at least at the 03 ages, there is no better collection of soccer talent and competition in the Tampa bay area. It is true that IMG 03's are not that good, but I would put them at the level of being a top non DA team. Short of us moving to Europe or South America, I can see no other option for my kid to be a part of. The coaching has been very good and the increased competition and extra practices are improving my son's soccer ability. He has the framework and now it is up to him to take it to even a higher level. If he works his tail off and is able to make it to the older teams, he will be seen by National team coaches and far more top college coaches than any other player in the Tampa bay area. I know many people are down on the DA system and I am sure that there are other paths in soccer, but why do you care that some kids want to play against, in FL or nationwide, and alongside the best players in the area?
                        great post, and by someone in the system! You can always tell the posters who are on the outside trying to peek through the window, as they're the ones who can't stand that their kid didn't make it. I love when they say to play outside the system...we do, but not at the same age level. For example, a u14 DA team would play a u16 club team, and still usually beat them. The talent level's not as close as you haters think. My son is u15/16 this year, and it is far and above much better soccer than club. Not even close!

Comment

great post, and by someone in the system! You can always tell the posters who are on the outside trying to peek through the window, as they're the ones who can't stand that their kid didn't make it. I love when they say to play outside the system...we do, but not at the same age level. For example, a u14 DA team would play a u16 club team, and still usually beat them. The talent level's not as close as you haters think. My son is u15/16 this year, and it is far and above much better soccer than club. Not even close!
                          Talk about a douchey reply...........and I'm a DA parent.

Comment

Yeah OK, rec until U14?? Have you ever seen a rec player that trys to play competitive at age 13 or 14?
                            yes, I have the rec is just to get game presence.

Comment

Talk about a douchey reply...........and I'm a DA parent.
                              No you're not, but keep telling yourself that, Mr Troll

Comment

So let the club continue to take your money, then when it really matters at the U15/U16 level, spend even more money to send your kids to college id camps....lets keep feeding the pockets. Then, our national team and college coaches are going to look at dual citizenship kids and oversea kids to fill college rosters. Money well spent!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X