Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Based on the teams in the bracket I'm sure it won't be more than 500 points or so. It's amusing how much space GPS takes up in your tiny, little minds.
    There are easily 4000 pt brackets there. Such a scam.

Comment

I forget what do gotsoccer points buy you again? Friggin losers

Comment

I forget what do gotsoccer points buy you again? Friggin losers
        They buy you gullible parents.

Comment

What's funny is if it weren't for people complaining about Got Soccer on this site, I'd have no idea what it is. Nobody pays attention to it, except for those whining about it here.

Comment

How people can give any credibility to GS points and rankings is beyond me. The points roll over every year, but the teams are made of completely different players. I just checked out the ranking of my kid's team for the first time this year and they are ranked below three teams they have beaten in fall league play, they just don't enter tournaments every other weekend. Hopefully, just as new leagues pop up every now and then, a new platform for game/tournament scheduling will come along soon (without this point/ranking nonsense) and compete with GS. I'm sure it wouldn't take much ingenuity to best the competition.

Comment

How people can give any credibility to GS points and rankings is beyond me. The points roll over every year, but the teams are made of completely different players. I just checked out the ranking of my kid's team for the first time this year and they are ranked below three teams they have beaten in fall league play, they just don't enter tournaments every other weekend. Hopefully, just as new leagues pop up every now and then, a new platform for game/tournament scheduling will come along soon (without this point/ranking nonsense) and compete with GS. I'm sure it wouldn't take much ingenuity to best the competition.
              And ECNL and Northeast NPL don't give got soccer points. The system is a bit fun, but that's about it.

Comment

None whose child plays for a true top tier team cares about GS points.
                I know this sounds pompous, but so what. Misguided parents at the NEP level are all caught up in GS points as a way to differentiate meaningles

Comment

I know this sounds pompous, but so what. Misguided parents at the NEP level are all caught up in GS points as a way to differentiate meaningles
                  Totally true. Add in the fact that teams change, points expire and the birth year shakeup make it even more meaningless. Don't look at rankings and assume a team you are playing with a lower rank than yours is going to be easy.

Comment

College showcase age teams are all the place.

Comment

This is 100% true. My D's team has often been ranked lower than several teams in this area in GS points over the years, and they really don't care. In some cases they were ranked below the second team within their own club, which was probably good because that team used the points to get into top brackets in some of the tournaments they play in. For my D's team, they only care that when they play in big tournaments there are 50+ D1 coaches lining the field.

Comment

Lowly NEP parent here...and we don't care about them either.

Comment

This is 100% true. My D's team has often been ranked lower than several teams in this area in GS points over the years, and they really don't care. In some cases they were ranked below the second team within their own club, which was probably good because that team used the points to get into top brackets in some of the tournaments they play in. For my D's team, they only care that when they play in big tournaments there are 50+ D1 coaches lining the field.
                          And if they are getting in to the top bracket and winning, they are in a better position than your D.

Comment

So naive. Low ranked team would not even be invited to the tournament with 50+ college coaches lining on your field. Silver division maybe. Keep playing the GPS tournaments. Make sure you don't run out of cool-aid.

Comment

So naive. Low ranked team would not even be invited to the tournament with 50+ college coaches lining on your field. Silver division maybe. Keep playing the GPS tournaments. Make sure you don't run out of cool-aid.
                              It's not worth playing unless there are 100+ D1 coaches lining the field! Why bother?

Comment

It's not worth playing unless there are 100+ D1 coaches lining the field! Why bother?
                                Fun? .

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X