Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODP interregional

Haven't been for a few years. Is it still worthwhile from an id (YNT and college recruiting) standpoint. A few years ago even after ECNL it still was useful.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Haven't been for a few years. Is it still worthwhile from an id (YNT and college recruiting) standpoint. A few years ago even after ECNL it still was useful.
    No. It's a joke! B level players that play against B competition.

Comment

Which makes it too tough for your C level kid

Comment

There are still ECNL players , the ones who can make it to a regional team. There may be only a few players from Florida as on each birth year team there are 18 players on the roster from the many states in the region.

Comment

Of course it's still useful. Anyone who says otherwise probably had their child not make it. Mine didn't make it. She also didn't make PDP. But she is doing well with NTC. It's all good. If you are into doing all your can do to move your child ahead in soccer - try for all of it. Don't bother asking here. But do realize that NTC is run by the people who ultimately choose national teams. For me, if my player made them all, I would do them all.

Comment

Of course it's still useful. Anyone who says otherwise probably had their child not make it. Mine didn't make it. She also didn't make PDP. But she is doing well with NTC. It's all good. If you are into doing all your can do to move your child ahead in soccer - try for all of it. Don't bother asking here. But do realize that NTC is run by the people who ultimately choose national teams. For me, if my player made them all, I would do them all.
            Girls can get scouted for NTC at any event or venue and your child is a testament it does not have to be ODP or PDP.

Comment

The ODP interregional is much more competitive than the NTC program except for the NTC combines which is kind of like the ODP state ODP (NTC) and regional team (NTC combine) levels. Since not all top kids participate in ODP anymore but they all participate in NTC combine the rank order is

YNT>> NTC combine>> id2 >/= ODP interregional team>> NTC>> state ODP

Comment

The ODP interregional is much more competitive than the NTC program except for the NTC combines which is kind of like the ODP state ODP (NTC) and regional team (NTC combine) levels. Since not all top kids participate in ODP anymore but they all participate in NTC combine the rank order is

YNT>> NTC combine>> id2 >/= ODP interregional team>> NTC>> state ODP
                33 of the current 40 WNT players played in the Thanksgiving Day Interregional. It's no joke and the 18 girls selected from each region will get looked at by the National Team Coaches and a ton of College Coaches.

Comment

33 of the current 40 WNT players played in the Thanksgiving Day Interregional. It's no joke and the 18 girls selected from each region will get looked at by the National Team Coaches and a ton of College Coaches.
                  Sort of like the ECNL Showcases.....

Comment

It is a lot like the ECNL showcases, but there are fewer games going on at once so there are coaches literally lined up 2 deep on the sidelines. My kid got several top colleges interested in her after one of these a couple years ago. That one may however have been a bit unusual because it corresponded with the college cup being nearby. At the time quite a few ECNL kids were doing ODP. Once committed though it seems unnecessary unless the kid has forged friendships he/she wishes to continue with.

Comment

Odp > da

Comment

Wish ODP could bring two teams from each region, but the 18 players chosen to represent their region have a great opportunity.

Comment

Yes Dopey, hate to burst your bubble, but none from Florida and Very FEW from region 3 at all!! The region 3 groups never do good at these events compared to R1 and R4

Comment

Yes Dopey, hate to burst your bubble, but none from Florida and Very FEW from region 3 at all!! The region 3 groups never do good at these events compared to R1 and R4
                            Right, so your kid is much better off not participating.

Comment

Also the U15 USWNT is playing the U17 ODP Region teams. The scouts will be out and about.
                              http://tournaments.usyouthsoccer.org...Interregional/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X