Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Please don't push my Susie. she will get her uniform dirty.
    ...Sunrise parent. See this is the trashy group we're discussing. Get a clue. U16 and u15 as far as I witnessed.

Comment

Sunrise parents will be all for the style of play as long as it benefits them. But eventually they will face a team that plays that style better than they do. There is always someone bigger and badder on the block. As soon as little Becky gets her tooth knocked loose and little Sally hurts her neck and shoulder the Sunrise parents will be screaming bloody murder. The basic premise is that Sunrise parents follow the philosophy that it isn't stealing if you don't get caught.

I'm not sure how that thuggish style will impress college coaches when the kids reach that age. I'm sure some will be fine with it but others will want to see kids play a more technical game.

Comment

I'm going to guess that you are a Sunrise parent. How can I tell? You don't appear to recognize the difference between a physical game and a violent game. When the referee must constantly stop the game to call fouls on your players, that is not playing soccer. When those same players are issued yellow and red cards, after multiple warnings, it shows that they cannot play without being violent.

Yes, Soccer is a very physical sport, but Sunrise does not play a physical game. It plays a violent game. You are hurting other players as well as your own. Disgusting.
        You touched on the main problem with the way Sunrise is taught to play. "When the referee must constantly stop the game to call fouls on your players, that is not playing soccer." Our team has played against them for years and every game goes the same way. Sunrise fouls so early and often and in so many ways that if the Ref blew the whistle every time the play would be stopped constantly, so the Ref is forced to start letting the less flagrant stuff go by and only calls the most outrageous fouls. Then the game quickly gets out of hand and both sides resort to the nasty play because the Ref isn't calling enough. Just ugly soccer to watch.....

Really glad the daughter is in ECNL now and not facing Sunrise-style play.

Comment

You touched on the main problem with the way Sunrise is taught to play. "When the referee must constantly stop the game to call fouls on your players, that is not playing soccer." Our team has played against them for years and every game goes the same way. Sunrise fouls so early and often and in so many ways that if the Ref blew the whistle every time the play would be stopped constantly, so the Ref is forced to start letting the less flagrant stuff go by and only calls the most outrageous fouls. Then the game quickly gets out of hand and both sides resort to the nasty play because the Ref isn't calling enough. Just ugly soccer to watch.....

Really glad the daughter is in ECNL now and not facing Sunrise-style play.
          At one game I watched, the referee had just issued a yellow to the player. Two seconds later, he whistles a foul against her again. Warns her that she has done that 4 times, plus given a yellow. She needs to stop. Obviously the only way for her to stop is to be taken out of the game. Horrible style of soccer. Terrible to watch, so I can only imagine how bad it is to play against that; to constantly be on edge against being punched or worse. Disgusting soccer from Sunrise.

Comment

On a separate note about the West Pines girls tournament, this is for the West Pines tournament director. If you are going to promote the older age groups as a "showcase" tournament, treat it like that. Scheduling games at 8:00 am and then later at 5:00 pm are useless. What college coach is going to be at a field at 7:00 to watch warm-ups and then hang out for 9 hours to watch the next game? And why spread the games across 4 different locations on inferior fields? The pee wee matches had better facilities. One of the U16 games I watched was played on a field without goal nets! They had to use the football uprights.

Comment

On a separate note about the West Pines girls tournament, this is for the West Pines tournament director. If you are going to promote the older age groups as a "showcase" tournament, treat it like that. Scheduling games at 8:00 am and then later at 5:00 pm are useless. What college coach is going to be at a field at 7:00 to watch warm-ups and then hang out for 9 hours to watch the next game? And why spread the games across 4 different locations on inferior fields? The pee wee matches had better facilities. One of the U16 games I watched was played on a field without goal nets! They had to use the football uprights.
              College Coaches? You are joking. Not sure if this is the first time you went to the West Pines Tournament but they have none. Heck the referees are from the same lame ass assignor they have had for years. They pay ref's to show up, then they can't, games start late, un-qaulified low level grade ref's, it is a waste. Seriously College Coaches? West Pines will never ever get Big Ten, ACC or SEC girls college coaches to come to this small time tournament. Save your $$$ research all of them on gotsoccer.

Comment

I'm sure this is the best place to voice your concerns.........

Comment

At one game I watched, the referee had just issued a yellow to the player. Two seconds later, he whistles a foul against her again. Warns her that she has done that 4 times, plus given a yellow. She needs to stop. Obviously the only way for her to stop is to be taken out of the game. Horrible style of soccer. Terrible to watch, so I can only imagine how bad it is to play against that; to constantly be on edge against being punched or worse. Disgusting soccer from Sunrise.
                  This is how we get all our kids into college! What club are you from?

Comment

Sunrise parents will be all for the style of play as long as it benefits them. But eventually they will face a team that plays that style better than they do. There is always someone bigger and badder on the block. As soon as little Becky gets her tooth knocked loose and little Sally hurts her neck and shoulder the Sunrise parents will be screaming bloody murder. The basic premise is that Sunrise parents follow the philosophy that it isn't stealing if you don't get caught.

I'm not sure how that thuggish style will impress college coaches when the kids reach that age. I'm sure some will be fine with it but others will want to see kids play a more technical game.
                    Same crap at Sunrise goes on year after year. Lame parents who drink the kool-aide only to be disappointed and leave the club after investing hard earned dollars for the pockets of a greedy few. The parents are happy at the beginning with promises, then they get mad and disgusted when lame coaches cant keep up. The club then promotes the yellow team players to the black team at the end of the season so those parents get happy and will re register for the new season. Then it all recycles again year after year. Wake up people!

Comment

College Coaches? You are joking. Not sure if this is the first time you went to the West Pines Tournament but they have none. Heck the referees are from the same lame ass assignor they have had for years. They pay ref's to show up, then they can't, games start late, un-qaulified low level grade ref's, it is a waste. Seriously College Coaches? West Pines will never ever get Big Ten, ACC or SEC girls college coaches to come to this small time tournament. Save your $$$ research all of them on gotsoccer.
                      I saw one college coach on Sunday afternoon. He was from Broward or Miami-Dade Community? I have seen him before at high school games. He wrote down a few notes but then took off. Definitely not any serious presence. The weekend was simply an expensive tournament fee to play against teams that we can scrimmage.

Comment

I saw one college coach on Sunday afternoon. He was from Broward or Miami-Dade Community? I have seen him before at high school games. He wrote down a few notes but then took off. Definitely not any serious presence. The weekend was simply an expensive tournament fee to play against teams that we can scrimmage.
                        Exactly. Each year that is all these local soccer clubs do. Without their tournament they cannot survive, think about it.

West Pines ( 400 ) teams at $ 500-600 a clip? $240k-$300k
                        Weston ( 700 ) teams at $ 600-700 a clip? $500k-700k
                        Miramar ( 100-200 ) teams at $ 500-600 a clip. $125-150k
                        Wellington ( 200-225 ) teams at $ 600 a clip. $ 150k-$200k

Big tournaments that offer major college showcases are NOT, NOT in South Florida. IF you spend the $$$ for club, why do parents bend over, cower, and suck up to the local clubs? Just sign up to play, meet and agree to play only out of state tournaments.
                        Anything before u14 is rec anyways.

Comment

Really one...what a waste of time and money?

Comment

College coaches attend Disney and Jefferson Cup but not West Pines.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X