Sunrise Sting @ West Pines Tournament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes i am curious what age group was this. I have not observed this behavior on my daughter's team so could you post the 3 age groups you saw the behavior you are describing?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Yes i am curious what age group was this. I have not observed this behavior on my daughter's team so could you post the 3 age groups you saw the behavior you are describing?
      If you are apart of the U15 (02's) you are quite familiar with this type of play. The coach's lack of ability dictates this style of play. SMH

Comment

The U16 is a disgrace, and the parents were just as bad this weekend. They were encouraging dirty play and actually yelling and cursing at the players of the opposite team. Nothing but dirty ball from this club in the entire 7 plus years my daughter has played against them.

Comment

It was an early game and she had the night shift.

West Pines Chongas.
          Lmao.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with being physical as long as it doesn't go past certain bounds. Go watch any D1 women's game and you'd be surprised just how physical those games get. The problem I see most of the times is that it's all good right up to the point where you get physicalled back and oftentimes the parents are the worst at remaining objective.

I was at a u15 game this weekend where a girl wearing headgear was playing extremely physical and aggressive ...some might say dirty (pushing from behind, going in hard on tackles, very recklessly at times) All the while, the parents are hooting and hollering praising her play. Well finally, the girl was yellow carded after about a handful of fouls/warnings. Not 5 minutes after she gets carded, she gets sandwiched by 2 players from the opposite team. On the way down she bangs her head on one of the opponent's knees and then on the ground. You should have heard those parents howl and scream begging for a red card. Ref hadn't even called a foul on the play. Moral of the story, if you're going to teach and encourage that type of behavior then don't get upset when it comes back to bite you.

A little postscript on the story. Come to find out the girl was just coming back from a concussion and that's why she was wearing the headgear. Which leads me to think, someone really ought to take the time to teach this girl how to tone it down a bit before she causes some really serious damage to herself or one of her opponents.
            Dang! I know who you are talking about! So sad as that kid is always involved in that type of play!

Comment

Look, Sunrise has to do something to make up for the talent drain and dip in recruiting lately. I guess they have decided that if you can't beat someone with superior skill and tactics . . . . beat them by beating them up!!!

Lord knows they aren't the only team in South Florida that does this. It's not usually a club edict though, normally it's a coach by coach phenomenon.

Comment

don't push my susie

Please don't push my Susie. she will get her uniform dirty.

Comment

Sunrise will be fine.
                  What club does your daughter play for?

Look, Sunrise has to do something to make up for the talent drain and dip in recruiting lately. I guess they have decided that if you can't beat someone with superior skill and tactics . . . . beat them by beating them up!!!

Lord knows they aren't the only team in South Florida that does this. It's not usually a club edict though, normally it's a coach by coach phenomenon.

Comment

Rigged

Can someone please post sunrise's team rankings . maybe they rigged that too.

Comment

sure..

https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/...px?ClubID=3306

Where is West Pines, Tropical, Wellington, Davie, Miami Lakes, Pinecrest?

Comment

sure..

https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/...px?ClubID=3306

Where is West Pines, Tropical, Wellington, Davie, Miami Lakes, Pinecrest?
                        Are you actually proud of those rankings with the watered down teams that are left? Drinking the Kool Aide. We understand that at our club and we certainly are not bragging about the rankings with the number of players and premier teams that play ECNL in FL. The rankings are far worse than what is shown. WAKE UP and stop lying to your parents. Our club would not try to make us out to be more than the talent that we play with. Your teams are bad in an already horrible group of teams.

Comment

Wow you parents are acting like little girls. Let me clue you in on a secret, Soccer is a physical sport. You might as well pull your little princesses out now and start them on ballet. Oh and you Pinecrest parents are the worst, stop crying so much its demeaning. Our U14 girls crushed your so called number 1 team. So shut up and take it like a man.
                          I'm going to guess that you are a Sunrise parent. How can I tell? You don't appear to recognize the difference between a physical game and a violent game. When the referee must constantly stop the game to call fouls on your players, that is not playing soccer. When those same players are issued yellow and red cards, after multiple warnings, it shows that they cannot play without being violent.

Yes, Soccer is a very physical sport, but Sunrise does not play a physical game. It plays a violent game. You are hurting other players as well as your own. Disgusting.

Comment

If you are judging your success by rankings on gotsoccer, you are missing the point. Sunrise is not teaching its players the beautiful game. Hurting other players and gaining a win through violence is not development.

A physical game is enjoyable to watch. It pushes both teams to their best. Watching 14, 15, and 16 year old girls spew profanity like a drunken sailor, inflict purposeful harm to a fellow player, and all while being encouraged by their parent hoard is disgusting. That is not soccer.

Comment

Wow you parents are acting like little girls. Let me clue you in on a secret, Soccer is a physical sport. You might as well pull your little princesses out now and start them on ballet. Oh and you Pinecrest parents are the worst, stop crying so much its demeaning. Our U14 girls crushed your so called number 1 team. So shut up and take it like a man.
                              Haaa. Case and point. You sir are the exact issue. Clueless of what it takes to be an excellent athlete. I would much rather my child be part of a respectably honored team dynamic that is not only tought a high-level scale of controlling the ball but also practices Fairplay. In my opinion you're wins have a big fat *. And as a previous poster pointed out, while my child goes on and recognized for playing this honorable game with her skill, most likely yours will be in jail.

Comment

Please don't push my Susie. she will get her uniform dirty.
                                Push Susie all you want. Soccer is physical. Kicking her feet out from behind, crawling over her back, and sucker punching her in close quarters is not soccer. That is called assault. You're developing these girls to be the best future prison team ever seen. Learn to play the beautiful game.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X