Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunrise Sting @ West Pines Tournament

I watched 4 different games today with 3 different age groups. The DOC and all coaches at Sunrise should be horribly ashamed at the way they have taught these girls to play. Being physical is much different than being violent. You have trained these girls to be violent. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to lead into a tackle with their elbows. Pushing players from behind and kicking out their legs is poor form. You are not playing soccer. You are not playing the beautiful game. Disgusting.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I watched 4 different games today with 3 different age groups. The DOC and all coaches at Sunrise should be horribly ashamed at the way they have taught these girls to play. Being physical is much different than being violent. You have trained these girls to be violent. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to lead into a tackle with their elbows. Pushing players from behind and kicking out their legs is poor form. You are not playing soccer. You are not playing the beautiful game. Disgusting.
    Would you like some cheese with that? I sure hope your kid is not as soft as you are.

Comment

Agree! The parents should be embarrassed, however they are just as disgusting as the club. I've noticed that there is absolutely no talent on that club. These (girls? Some have facial hair from the hormone shots they did before the game) only know how to be violent. The parents actually encourage them to get yellow cards! Lol.

Comment

Would you like some cheese with that? I sure hope your kid is not as soft as you are.
        Must be a Sunrise parent with this ridiculous comment. Playing soccer is not all about physical strength. But even then, it must be used with skill. Purposely fouling the team and cheering for injury is not soccer. If you are developing those girls to become future ex-convicts, it is working.

Comment

I will say that the way some of those moms were dressed looked like they came straight from tootsies strip joint!! WOW. But at a kids soccer tourney? Really?

Comment

I will say that the way some of those moms were dressed looked like they came straight from tootsies strip joint!! WOW. But at a kids soccer tourney? Really?
            Looking like you came from the strip club is always ok with me

Comment

Looking like you came from the strip club is always ok with me
              Umm, yeah, agreed. But not that strip club....

Comment

Agree! The parents should be embarrassed, however they are just as disgusting as the club. I've noticed that there is absolutely no talent on that club. These (girls? Some have facial hair from the hormone shots they did before the game) only know how to be violent. The parents actually encourage them to get yellow cards! Lol.
                Not in good form. No reason to ridicule the players for their physical appearance. Which of us as a teenager never went through that awkward stage?

But your observation about the parents is accurate. At 2 different games, I heard the parents actively cheering for injury. I also heard the parents taunting the other players with profanity, in both English and Spanish. These are children. Children! What is wrong with your life Sunrise parents that you feel the need to attack children for playing soccer? Disgusting.

Comment

Not in good form. No reason to ridicule the players for their physical appearance. Which of us as a teenager never went through that awkward stage?

But your observation about the parents is accurate. At 2 different games, I heard the parents actively cheering for injury. I also heard the parents taunting the other players with profanity, in both English and Spanish. These are children. Children! What is wrong with your life Sunrise parents that you feel the need to attack children for playing soccer? Disgusting.
                  Who cares. Let's see some pics of the mommy who was walking around with the field marshal shirt and the booty shorts!

Comment

Who cares. Let's see some pics of the mommy who was walking around with the field marshal shirt and the booty shorts!
                    It was an early game and she had the night shift.

West Pines Chongas.

Comment

Okay sorry about physical appearance comments. You're right. The way these girls are trained to play is a disgrace. Boot the ball up, take out players, using profanity on the field, turning their back disrespecting the refs. This team was handed several Yellows and a Red! It's like watching a mix of the Karate Kid\Victory.

Comment

Okay sorry about physical appearance comments. You're right. The way these girls are trained to play is a disgrace. Boot the ball up, take out players, using profanity on the field, turning their back disrespecting the refs. This team was handed several Yellows and a Red! It's like watching a mix of the Karate Kid\Victory.
                        I believe that the refs should let the game play on as much as possible. But after warning a player 4-5 times to stop leading with elbows, jumping on backs, and gut punching in close quarters, plus issue a yellow, when does it stop? The coaches and parents encouraged the violence. Big difference between a physical game and the way that Sunrise plays.

The refs were only a few years older than the players. Inexperience showed, but the actions were blatantly obvious. Congrats to Sunrise for winning in various brackets, but they most certainly do not play a beautiful game. No interest in seeing their players again until a major change is made.

Comment

I believe that the refs should let the game play on as much as possible. But after warning a player 4-5 times to stop leading with elbows, jumping on backs, and gut punching in close quarters, plus issue a yellow, when does it stop? The coaches and parents encouraged the violence. Big difference between a physical game and the way that Sunrise plays.

The refs were only a few years older than the players. Inexperience showed, but the actions were blatantly obvious. Congrats to Sunrise for winning in various brackets, but they most certainly do not play a beautiful game. No interest in seeing their players again until a major change is made.
                          Wow you parents are acting like little girls. Let me clue you in on a secret, Soccer is a physical sport. You might as well pull your little princesses out now and start them on ballet. Oh and you Pinecrest parents are the worst, stop crying so much its demeaning. Our U14 girls crushed your so called number 1 team. So shut up and take it like a man.

Comment

What age group was this. I hope they were not the young girls. That would really be bad.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with being physical as long as it doesn't go past certain bounds. Go watch any D1 women's game and you'd be surprised just how physical those games get. The problem I see most of the times is that it's all good right up to the point where you get physicalled back and oftentimes the parents are the worst at remaining objective.

I was at a u15 game this weekend where a girl wearing headgear was playing extremely physical and aggressive ...some might say dirty (pushing from behind, going in hard on tackles, very recklessly at times) All the while, the parents are hooting and hollering praising her play. Well finally, the girl was yellow carded after about a handful of fouls/warnings. Not 5 minutes after she gets carded, she gets sandwiched by 2 players from the opposite team. On the way down she bangs her head on one of the opponent's knees and then on the ground. You should have heard those parents howl and scream begging for a red card. Ref hadn't even called a foul on the play. Moral of the story, if you're going to teach and encourage that type of behavior then don't get upset when it comes back to bite you.

A little postscript on the story. Come to find out the girl was just coming back from a concussion and that's why she was wearing the headgear. Which leads me to think, someone really ought to take the time to teach this girl how to tone it down a bit before she causes some really serious damage to herself or one of her opponents.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X