ENPL question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it really make sense for teams like the FC Stars and FC Boston U14 NPLs to be joining the Boys ECNL NE Conf next year as U15s with travel to PA, MD, NY, NJ for league games when they were 7th and 12th in their NPL league, respectively, this past fall season playing against local teams? Perhaps the older age groups for those clubs would need to travel that far for decent competition (not sure how many current Bolts DAP players are going to abandon the program in order to play HS & in this new league)? I guess we'll see how they stack up locally come spring. But unless you're crushing the competition in your local NPL (Valeo U14 NPL has a case with 11 wins and a draw for the fall), why waste that incredible amount of time on the road?

Comment

makes cents for the clubs. not so much for the players or families....

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        makes cents for the clubs. not so much for the players or families....
        I suppose it's time to buy an RV? I used to think cleats were the biggest expense in youth soccer.

Comment

I suppose it's time to buy an RV? I used to think cleats were the biggest expense in youth soccer.
          Stars and Bolts will be relegated to Premiership in one season.

Comment

Stars and Bolts will be relegated to Premiership in one season.
            Not when players from all the other clubs switch over to play a more competitive soccer schedule with the benefit of high school soccer as well. You'll see a lot of GPS, NEFC and Valeo players make the jump.

Comment

Does it really make sense for teams like the FC Stars and FC Boston U14 NPLs to be joining the Boys ECNL NE Conf next year as U15s with travel to PA, MD, NY, NJ for league games when they were 7th and 12th in their NPL league, respectively, this past fall season playing against local teams? Perhaps the older age groups for those clubs would need to travel that far for decent competition (not sure how many current Bolts DAP players are going to abandon the program in order to play HS & in this new league)? I guess we'll see how they stack up locally come spring. But unless you're crushing the competition in your local NPL (Valeo U14 NPL has a case with 11 wins and a draw for the fall), why waste that incredible amount of time on the road?
              Take a look at the Bolts U13 NPL, who could be in U14B ECNL NE conference next fall. Similar results this past fall, coming in 13th out of 13 in the NPL. Unless a lot of players drop down from DAP, this team has no need for all that travel, either. Bolts are just not deep enough in talent to have both DAP and ECNL conference teams. Stars U13 NPL did much better, 10-1-1, coming in 3rd this past season. This team could probably benefit by playing in a more competitive league.

Do clubs submit teams to this league on a case by case basis, or are they expected to have a team playing at every age group? How does this work on the girls' side?

Comment

Not when players from all the other clubs switch over to play a more competitive soccer schedule with the benefit of high school soccer as well. You'll see a lot of GPS, NEFC and Valeo players make the jump.
                Hows it more competitive? The strongest players are already playing in the DA... If GPS/NEFC/Valeo are accepted into the U13/U14 DA game over for Stars and Bolts...

Comment

Take a look at the Bolts U13 NPL, who could be in U14B ECNL NE conference next fall. Similar results this past fall, coming in 13th out of 13 in the NPL. Unless a lot of players drop down from DAP, this team has no need for all that travel, either. Bolts are just not deep enough in talent to have both DAP and ECNL conference teams. Stars U13 NPL did much better, 10-1-1, coming in 3rd this past season. This team could probably benefit by playing in a more competitive league.

Do clubs submit teams to this league on a case by case basis, or are they expected to have a team playing at every age group? How does this work on the girls' side?
                  Yes must have all age groups represented. They were accepted because they had girls ECNL

I would take GPS Mass, GPS NH or NEFC boys against any of the new ENPL teams from New England

Comment

Yes must have all age groups represented. They were accepted because they had girls ECNL

I would take GPS Mass, GPS NH or NEFC boys against any of the new ENPL teams from New England
                    It all depends on age groups. They are not strong in the U15. NEFC will struggle in the following age groups: u15-u16. GPS is strong due to their numbers.

Comment

It all depends on age groups. They are not strong in the U15. NEFC will struggle in the following age groups: u15-u16. GPS is strong due to their numbers.
                      The point is the ENPL will not have the strongest boys clubs.

Comment

The USClub letter from Nov. 23rd announcing the first leagues to join the ENPL explains that "the league must be the primary competitive platform for the clubs and teams that participate in it". Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but on the boys side, wouldn't DAP be considered the primary competitive platform for FC Boston? Does this mean that clubs with U14-U18 DAP are not allowed to participate in NPLs that are joining ENPL? If so, where does that leave Bolts second teams to play, as the NEP NPL is now tied with ENPL?

Comment

Just another money grab for the elitist. The NPL had below average kids think they are special when everyone knew they were 2nd and 3rd tier. I'm tired of the ABC's of it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X