Team boca sucks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree Team Boca is doing well at state level in many age groups the problem I see is its time for a run at getting ECNL for the girls at least they are going to start to decline with any hiccup in there state runs then the following year players will move to ECNL or DA programs to get noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Have you looked lately at some of the clubs at Team Boca and their success? The U-17 girls and boys team are both playing in R3PL and doing well early. The U-18/19 boys team looks like they are ranked # 1 in state and 2 in region. That looks pretty strong to me.
      It is tough to have a discussion when you don't understand what you are comparing it to. Let me enlighten you a bit. NEXT YEAR, these are the expected tiers of competition for women/girls:

1. US Soccer Development Academy
      2. ECNL, National League
      3. R3PL
      4. FSPL, NPL
      5. SFUYSA
      6. SABR

Now some of this is interchangeable, like ECNL and R3PL, but it is still in the top tier. The vast majority of Team Boca will be playing in the 4th tier or lower. And with zero chance of access to the top 2 levels of soccer. The top 2 levels that will see the majority of college recruitment.

State Cup, President's Cup, and all of the Got Soccer rankings are useless. They do not include any of the top level competition. So to say that Team Boca has strong results is correct to a point, when the competition is at a low level. Team Boca is not in the fight. You are comparing apples to oranges. Or better yet, ground chuck to kobe beef filet.

Team Boca is purposely leaving our players at a disadvantage to other clubs. Why is no one else seeing this?

Comment

I agree Team Boca is doing well at state level in many age groups the problem I see is its time for a run at getting ECNL for the girls at least they are going to start to decline with any hiccup in there state runs then the following year players will move to ECNL or DA programs to get noticed.
        YES!!!! Thank you. Someone else gets it.

Comment

It is tough to have a discussion when you don't understand what you are comparing it to. Let me enlighten you a bit. NEXT YEAR, these are the expected tiers of competition for women/girls:

1. US Soccer Development Academy
          2. ECNL, National League
          3. R3PL
          4. FSPL, NPL
          5. SFUYSA
          6. SABR

Now some of this is interchangeable, like ECNL and R3PL, but it is still in the top tier. The vast majority of Team Boca will be playing in the 4th tier or lower. And with zero chance of access to the top 2 levels of soccer. The top 2 levels that will see the majority of college recruitment.

State Cup, President's Cup, and all of the Got Soccer rankings are useless. They do not include any of the top level competition. So to say that Team Boca has strong results is correct to a point, when the competition is at a low level. Team Boca is not in the fight. You are comparing apples to oranges. Or better yet, ground chuck to kobe beef filet.

Team Boca is purposely leaving our players at a disadvantage to other clubs. Why is no one else seeing this?

The ones who have "seen" it have left......

SABR rec is the feeder system for TB. SABR, the organization makes money on both ends (rec and travel). It is in their financial interest to move as many rec players as possible to the the more profitable travel program. They have to keep the spread between rec and travel close in order to do this and keep the money pipeline operating.

If they went to ECNL or DA, the spread would be to large for rec players to make to move.
          No insult intended, but the whole program is predicated on keeping rec and travel within the same orbit.

Comment

The ones who have "seen" it have left......

SABR rec is the feeder system for TB. SABR, the organization makes money on both ends (rec and travel). It is in their financial interest to move as many rec players as possible to the the more profitable travel program. They have to keep the spread between rec and travel close in order to do this and keep the money pipeline operating.

If they went to ECNL or DA, the spread would be to large for rec players to make to move.
            No insult intended, but the whole program is predicated on keeping rec and travel within the same orbit.
            You have no idea what you are talking about. Those top tier teams that somebody mentioned before have been travel players for years. Many of them have left other travel programs to play for a stronger team. Many of these players have been asked to play ECNL or DA but have turned it down because Team Boca is a better option than Boca United.

Comment

You have no idea what you are talking about. Those top tier teams that somebody mentioned before have been travel players for years. Many of them have left other travel programs to play for a stronger team. Many of these players have been asked to play ECNL or DA but have turned it down because Team Boca is a better option than Boca United.
              Uuhh...no one mentioned BU. Hit a raw nerve there?

Comment

OK, my first addition to this thread:
                If you add Weston to this, this quote sums up my experience. At the current girls high school level, we are happy with our experience at Team Boca. The teams at Weston & BU at my daughter's age are both pretty weak. Yes, she was invited to join both of those teams but we feel at this point, we are better off staying at TB. We are happy we came when we did.
                That said, I am glad this is my last time through the ringer of travel soccer and college soccer recruiting. I believe that TB is getting left behind in the changing world of girls soccer. I think BD really missed the boat when, for whatever reason you want to believe, TB did not get ECNL.
                Seems to me that SABR/TB Board/BD do not want to be a national level club, they just want to be local/state club. That's fine if that is your goal but I think, and the OP seems to think, that this is wasted potential. TB has the best facilities, a list of college coaches, a track record of success and could potentially be the dominant club in South Florida.
                The organization has the right to sets its own vision for the future and priorities. Personally, I wish Team Boca's vision was much higher than it appears to be.

Comment

well stated.

My D is younger, and that is why we left.

Comment

It really simple for those with younger age groups ..... Isn't it pure fact it's easier to get noticed assuming you have a player able to play at DA or ECNL level then playing for sate cup and high school . I am not just saying National level but at Div 1 universities or is everyone blind . I thought for the most part this is the level they for the most part go to find players ! Sure if you have a player at club level and they are great they will get noticed but maybe they will get a div 2-3 school level correct ! Team Boca move to the next level and help your players have a better chance it's a no brainier !

Comment

It really simple for those with younger age groups ..... Isn't it pure fact it's easier to get noticed assuming you have a player able to play at DA or ECNL level then playing for sate cup and high school . I am not just saying National level but at Div 1 universities or is everyone blind . I thought for the most part this is the level they for the most part go to find players ! Sure if you have a player at club level and they are great they will get noticed but maybe they will get a div 2-3 school level correct ! Team Boca move to the next level and help your players have a better chance it's a no brainier !
                      Agreed. What are we waiting for at Team Boca? FSPL is not what we planned. When FYSA can get 16 teams to apply, only 3-4 are competitive. SFYUSA is travel rec league. State Cup is simply a drawn out tournament over several weeks and very few high level teams still compete in that. Playing in tournaments like West Pines and Weston are fun, but no different than just scheduling a local scrimmage. Once a year to CASL is great, but that is only 3 potential top competition games in the course of a year. That is not development. PDA is not beneficial. Too late in the year and very few girls plan school in the northeast.

Come on Team Boca. Get with the program. Players want ECNL.

Comment

TB should be working their ass off to get one of the ECNL programs that BU and Weston are giving up to get DA -- and use ECNL to attract better coaching and better talent.

Comment

TB should be working their ass off to get one of the ECNL programs that BU and Weston are giving up to get DA -- and use ECNL to attract better coaching and better talent.
                          ^^^^ YES PLEASE. Get our girls some top level training and competition. Stop farting around in the FSPL and SFUYSA. Complete. Waste. Of. Time.

Comment

Consider it done.
                            Calling B.D. right now to tell him to shift his arse.
                            :)

Comment

Consider it done.
                              Calling B.D. right now to tell him to shift his arse.
                              :)
                              That POS is the reason why Team Boca is being left behind.

Comment

U-15 boys ranked 5 in state
                                U-19 girls ranked 13 in state
                                U-18 girls ranked 13 in state
                                U-17 girls ranked 8 in state playing in top division of R3PL
                                U-15 girls ranked 13 in state

Sounds a little better than a rec team. You must not be a part of one of these teams. This is stronger than most other clubs.
                                Rankings mean nothing at this point with the age change.

A bit of info that may be pertinent.....the u15 boys team has lost 6 games in a row in fspl, they are in 13th place. The team is living off got soccer points from the 01/02 team from last year. The 01s / u16s are only marginally better. I hope you get ecnl but never speak of the boys again. If you're a high level boy, you play at BU.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X