Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    38 futsal games? Does she play futsal all year long? My kids have been very active in futsal and they've never approached 38 games even when taking Nationals into account.

She played 52 outdoor games with GPS? That's with one team? So they made the finals of every tournament they played in?
    Slacker!

Comment

38 futsal games? Does she play futsal all year long? My kids have been very active in futsal and they've never approached 38 games even when taking Nationals into account.

She played 52 outdoor games with GPS? That's with one team? So they made the finals of every tournament they played in?
      I can't believe your children never played in the super duper 9 month futsal league!

Comment

That wasn't me you were replying to.

As for months off, with camps there isn't much. Slows down some last couple of weeks in June, and sporadic throughout July. Mostly a week camp, and some team-managed pick-up games.. Practices start back up within the first two weeks of August. First week of August is another camp.

Many week vacations/one-day holidays there are camps, for additional fee. Add in a pretty solid futsal schedule (most done in addition to GPS, not as part of the program, and additional costs added in) you could add 4 games over a weekend in the winter.

So, since you find this so interesting, and I'm enjoying shoving this up your a-hole a bit, the breakdown is as follows:

From 8/5/2015 (pre-season activity) - 6/8/2016 (tryouts)

111 practices/training/camps
        + 38 futsal games
        + 52 outdoor games
        = 201 soccer-related activities.

As for actual hours, it's a SWAG. Most practices are 90 minutes. Most games come to 60 minutes. Day camps are all day/overnights.

For this existing season, I have started calculating from 6/20/2016 and will do the same end date in 2017 (i.e. tryouts), so I anticipate it will be a bit more. I didn't track it the previous years as it was easier to manage. Since she plays with a few added teams due to double-rostering, I had to start to keep track of it all so data will be more available going forward. Feel free to check back in June ;-)

$9.78/hr.
        Training to game ratio should be 3/1. If games make up more than 25% of a young player's soccer activities, they are developing properly.

Comment

Two futsal teams, two sessions, 8 games per. Then, add in some tourneys. 38 games

52 games is more than one team. Double-rostered, playing up a year in age, so would get an occasional game with age-appropriate team, her real (older) team, some games between their top and mid-teams, etc. Add in tourneys. Add in spring and fall.

Comment

Training to game ratio should be 3/1. If games make up more than 25% of a young player's soccer activities, they are developing properly.
            Thanks.

Futsal is just training. Helps her footwork, so she uses it as a tool to help her game overall. If someone is keeping score, so be it.

Comment

Two futsal teams, two sessions, 8 games per. Then, add in some tourneys. 38 games
              But futsal isn't GPS right? That's outside GPS.

Comment

Thanks.

Futsal is just training. Helps her footwork, so she uses it as a tool to help her game overall. If someone is keeping score, so be it.
                In the previous example, futsal was listed as a game, not training. You might think she is training by playing in a game, but U.S. Soccer differentiates training events from competition events. 2:1 to 3:1 training to competition has been the recommended framework. If your kid is doing 1 training session for every 1 game, they might not keep up.

Comment

But futsal isn't GPS right? That's outside GPS.
                  As mentioned earlier, there is some outside of GPS factored in. The costs equate the same, so it was lumped in.

And, no, not all of it is outside GPS. She'll typically play one with GPS, and the other with another organization.

Comment

In the previous example, futsal was listed as a game, not training. You might think she is training by playing in a game, but U.S. Soccer differentiates training events from competition events. 2:1 to 3:1 training to competition has been the recommended framework. If your kid is doing 1 training session for every 1 game, they might not keep up.

Thank you for your concern. I'll keep that in mind.

For GPS specific events, it comes to right around 100 practices/camps to those 52 games, so 2:1.

For hours actually on the pitch, it comes to 4:1 in favor of training to games.

Comment

As mentioned earlier, there is some outside of GPS factored in. The costs equate the same, so it was lumped in.

And, no, not all of it is outside GPS. She'll typically play one with GPS, and the other with another organization.
                      You previously stated most futsal was outside GPS. How many should you subtract and refactor into your costs? What about hotels and flights for tournaments?

Comment

Thank you for your concern. I'll keep that in mind.

For GPS specific events, it comes to right around 100 practices/camps to those 52 games, so 2:1.

For hours actually on the pitch, it comes to 4:1 in favor of training to games.
                        With such a heavy training schedule, do you have her on a special diet?

Comment

You previously stated most futsal was outside GPS. How many should you subtract and refactor into your costs? What about hotels and flights for tournaments?
                          No, I stated: "Add in a pretty solid futsal schedule (most done in addition to GPS, not as part of the program, and additional costs added in)"

Occasional hotel stay, but I have so many points for business travel I don't pay for a room. No flights yet.

I am getting bored with the discussion now. The extra futsal costs raise the /per hour rates, but I called it a $10/hr to make it easier. You can nitpick the data all you want, but the reality is my original points stand clear:

Practice 5 minutes from my house.

Great rapport with the coaches, those on her team and the rest.

Improved dramatically since she started playing.

Friends with most of her teammates.

Works out to be just under $10/hour.

What do you give a crap?

Comment

With such a heavy training schedule, do you have her on a special diet?
                            It's a concern and we monitor it closely. She wants to play every day, and since she doesn't do any other sports except for snowboarding (3-4 times a season + Feb vacation) and swimming in the summer, she has the time and more important the desire to play.

Comment

It's a concern and we monitor it closely. She wants to play every day, and since she doesn't do any other sports except for snowboarding (3-4 times a season + Feb vacation) and swimming in the summer, she has the time and more important the desire to play.
                              Aren't you concerned about over use injuries? Knees are a huge watch out. How old?

Comment

Aren't you concerned about over use injuries? Knees are a huge watch out. How old?
                                Of course we are concerned.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X