Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Andrews covered well all night. In last 4 minutes she dropped into back line when defenders pulled out of position. And she just barely missed a few great entry passes. I agree it wasn't her best effort, but good enough to contribute to a well deserved victory.

WVU looks pretty unstoppable. But it's soccer. You never know. Go USC
    I thought WVU looked bad against Georgetown. With a little luck Georgetown could have won

I like USC to win 2-1

Comment

NCAA Final

About to start on ESPNU. Good luck to Morgan Andrews in her last college game. Was she limping last night?

Comment

About to start on ESPNU. Good luck to Morgan Andrews in her last college game. Was she limping last night?
        USC 1 WVU 0 early. Morgan Andrews with the goal.

Comment

USC 1 WVU 0 early. Morgan Andrews with the goal.
          USC 3 WVU 1 Final
          Entertaining game/lots of action.
          Surprised to see WVU with 2 back at 1-1.

Comment

USC 3 WVU 1 Final
            Entertaining game/lots of action.
            Surprised to see WVU with 2 back at 1-1.
            Some much for WVU being unstoppable. Their semi final game against UNC was terrible.

Glad to see USC win. Congrats to Morgan Andrews and her teammates. Makes her decision to leave Notre Dame a smart one

Comment

Some much for WVU being unstoppable. Their semi final game against UNC was terrible.

Glad to see USC win. Congrats to Morgan Andrews and her teammates. Makes her decision to leave Notre Dame a smart one
              Most of the game was spent with WVU on the attack in USC's defensive third. A few of their attack sequences were inspired but most were ragged and impatient. 20 shots vs 6. Gotta make your chances count. Nice to see a little more diversity on the field in the women's game.

Comment

Most of the game was spent with WVU on the attack in USC's defensive third. A few of their attack sequences were inspired but most were ragged and impatient. 20 shots vs 6. Gotta make your chances count. Nice to see a little more diversity on the field in the women's game.
                Yet USC scored first and WVu didn't score to the 66th minute

Official stats had WVU with 21 shots but only 9 on goal. USC had 8 shots and 5 on goal

You can't score if you don't put them on net.

Sammy Jo, USC keeper, played great

Comment

Eaglets and Hush Puppies

BC loses circa 22 of 41 goals to graduation.

UConn loses 40 of 46 goals similarly.

Which team has the personnel coming up to fill those holes?

Comment

BC has the better and deeper team already. UConn's inflated ranking benefits from an extremely weak conference. Both have huge holes to fill. From a win loss perspective BC faces the tougher challenge. UConn needs to only pick up a single top scorer to be .500 in AAC.

Wouldn't be surprised to see BU or Providence challenge for the all important, mythical New England Champioship next season

Comment

BC has the better and deeper team already. UConn's inflated ranking benefits from an extremely weak conference. Both have huge holes to fill. From a win loss perspective BC faces the tougher challenge. UConn needs to only pick up a single top scorer to be .500 in AAC.

Wouldn't be surprised to see BU or Providence challenge for the all important, mythical New England Champioship next season
                      Man are you delusional, BC doesn't have a very deep team at all. That's half their problem, they have recruited poorly over last 5-6 years and so most of the kids they are putting out on the field are actually fairly weak relative to their competition. That will become more than obvious next year after their goal scorers graduate.

Comment

I don't claim they are ACC deep, but they are AAC deep. Both teams could be in trouble next year, and I think UConn, in straight up head to head comparison will be weaker than BC. Time will tell.

And I also wrote 2017 may crown a new NE champ, so clearly I am not shilling for either traditional, local powerhouse.

Comment

Final Ranking

1. UConn
                          2. BC
                          3. Harvard
                          4. Brown
                          5. Providence
                          6. Northeastern
                          7. Yale
                          8. Hartford
                          9. Dartmouth
                          10. BU

Comment

I don't claim they are ACC deep, but they are AAC deep. Both teams could be in trouble next year, and I think UConn, in straight up head to head comparison will be weaker than BC. Time will tell.

And I also wrote 2017 may crown a new NE champ, so clearly I am not shilling for either traditional, local powerhouse.
                            As a parent of a player playing in the ACC and not at BC I will offer an observation that the two local programs that appear to be on the rise are Providence and Northeastern. I give PC the edge because of all the money they are throwing into their soccer programs. IMO that's who has been winning the local recruiting wars the past couple of years. I think in the long run though that Northeastern will ultimately struggle to reach that top spot because TL was a unique coaching talent and she put together a nice little team. It remains to be seen whether or not her successor has the ability to build on that. NU is a tough place to recruit for because from the view of someone outside the region it's not all that much different from BU and BU has better facilities.

Comment

I vote PC or BU pull the upset next season. Terriers finished pretty strong

Comment

No BC All-Americans?

http://www.nscaa.com/web/web/News/Ar..._by_NSCAA.aspx

Two UCONN players and one Harvard from the northeast.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X