Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ODP--is it worth it now or should one wait?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODP Costs

I noticed the tryout for the San Antonio area is $175, that seems rather high considering your child may or may not make it. For those with experience, can you let me know if this is the norm for tryout costs?

Comment

It's a better talent identification process than DA as it is not club based and politics rarely play a part.

Comment

It is amazing for Goalkeepers. They really get excellent training and they get to see what other top keepers are doing in the region. After our experience last year they clearly identified great keepers. As a result my child was able to see what they really needed to improve and was able to better the distribution game. ODP wants the ball distributed on the floor in the back. They want a keeper that has footwork and will play the game with pass backs. Amazing experience!

Comment

Anyone care to report back what they say this weekend at the ODP Boys State pool training?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Anyone care to report back what they say this weekend at the ODP Boys State pool training?
            *saw*

Comment

I watched boys 03 and 04.

Top talent level is down overall in the 03 group from last year. I guess the DAs have pulled a bunch of players out.

04 have some really good players, maybe 6 that really stood out. Then a pack of maybe 20 good players.

Comment

I watched boys 03 and 04.

Top talent level is down overall in the 03 group from last year. I guess the DAs have pulled a bunch of players out.

04 have some really good players, maybe 6 that really stood out. Then a pack of maybe 20 good players.
                Positions?

Comment

Positions?
                  Saw some quality '03 keepers.

Comment

Saw some quality '03 keepers.
                    How many showed up? How many would you say were quality? Do you know how many teams the 03s are forming?

Comment

ODP is a joke. It's just a money grab. Parents are gullible if they have their kids do ODP.

Comment

ODP is a joke. It's just a money grab. Parents are gullible if they have their kids do ODP.
                        Same thing can be said about travel soccer and/or the DA system. Gotta be a little more creative than that my friend for anyone to take you seriously.

If you are in a DA system, then ODP sucks. If you are in ODP, then the DA system sucks. I sincerely believe both have their place and serve different needs.

Comment

Had to fly to ODP pool training in Fort Myers. Myrtle Park must have been booked.

Comment

How are the ODP training sessions going on?

Comment

Had to fly to ODP pool training in Fort Myers. Myrtle Park must have been booked.
                              Ft Myers always host ODP at least one weekend per season.

Comment

Ft Myers always host ODP at least one weekend per season.
                                There is a correlation with attendance.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X