Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    2002's are mostly 2020 grad year, or freshman in HS this year. I think the previous poster said "get them interested", not necessarily get them to commit. While I've only heard of one 2020 commit to date, those Nat'l team girls are certainly being scouted by top teams. You'll see most of the top programs picking up 2020's over the course of the next year. Just look at the current 2019 commits now... NC, Duke, Penn State, Stanford, UCLA, Notre Dame, BC... lots of sophomores already verbally committed.
    2017 Current HS senior, born 1998
    2018 Current HS junior, born 1999
    2019 Current HS sophomore, born 2000
    2020 Current HS freshman, born 2001
    2021 Current 8th grader, born 2002

95% of the 2002 GNT is in 8th grade.

Let's keep our perspective in reality. No college coach is going after an 8th grader for a commitment 5 years down the road.

Comment

2017 Current HS senior, born 1998
      2018 Current HS junior, born 1999
      2019 Current HS sophomore, born 2000
      2020 Current HS freshman, born 2001
      2021 Current 8th grader, born 2002

95% of the 2002 GNT is in 8th grade.

Let's keep our perspective in reality. No college coach is going after an 8th grader for a commitment 5 years down the road.
      '99's born Jan - Aug are seniors this year, or 2017's. Not sure where you got that 95% number since there are 03's and an 04 on that team as well.

Comment

'99's born Jan - Aug are seniors this year, or 2017's. Not sure where you got that 95% number since there are 03's and an 04 on that team as well.
        Yes, with the change from grade year to birth year, there are some mixed teams out there. But for the most part, the list of birth years and graduating years match.

Typo on that percentage. Thanks for catching it. You emphasize the point that the 2002 GNT is predominantly 8th graders, PLUS even younger players from 2003 (7th grade) and 2004 (6th grade). They are not being committed to college; in contradiction to the previous post.

Comment

Yes, with the change from grade year to birth year, there are some mixed teams out there. But for the most part, the list of birth years and graduating years match.

Typo on that percentage. Thanks for catching it. You emphasize the point that the 2002 GNT is predominantly 8th graders, PLUS even younger players from 2003 (7th grade) and 2004 (6th grade). They are not being committed to college; in contradiction to the previous post.
          You misread my post. I'm saying the majority of 2002's are 9th graders. Where did you see something stating that the 2002's on the GNT were predominantly 8th graders? This is after all last year's U14 team, meaning they would have been U15's this year under the old system, meaning predominantly 9th graders.

Comment

You misread my post. I'm saying the majority of 2002's are 9th graders. Where did you see something stating that the 2002's on the GNT were predominantly 8th graders? This is after all last year's U14 team, meaning they would have been U15's this year under the old system, meaning predominantly 9th graders.
            Talked to the parents. Almost all were in 8th grade.

Comment

Talked to the parents. Almost all were in 8th grade.
              Huh. So probably all held back in school then? I've heard of that for recruiting reasons but didn't think it was that common. Makes sense.

Comment

Odp

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                huh. So probably all held back in school then? I've heard of that for recruiting reasons but didn't think it was that common. Makes sense.
                no idiot

Comment

Huh. So probably all held back in school then? I've heard of that for recruiting reasons but didn't think it was that common. Makes sense.
                  2002 team contains players born from January 2002 until December 2002.

Players born in the first half of 2002 may be in 9th grade. It depends on the cutoff in their particular state. In Florida, the cutoff is September 1. Some states are June while others December.

Of the 2-3 parents that said their children were in 9th grade, they now play on their club's U15 team; one year down from the their grade group. They used to play with the now U16 team as part of the grade age. I think one of them still played up at U16. The rest of the 2002 parents said their kids were in 8th grade. There were also a few 7th and a 6th grader.

Anyways, not sure how we got on this tangent. Original comment was to emphasize that while they were solid players at this age and college coaches were on the sideline, none of them were competing to recruit children not yet even in high school or only there a few months.

Comment

2002 team contains players born from January 2002 until December 2002.

Players born in the first half of 2002 may be in 9th grade. It depends on the cutoff in their particular state. In Florida, the cutoff is September 1. Some states are June while others December.

Of the 2-3 parents that said their children were in 9th grade, they now play on their club's U15 team; one year down from the their grade group. They used to play with the now U16 team as part of the grade age. I think one of them still played up at U16. The rest of the 2002 parents said their kids were in 8th grade. There were also a few 7th and a 6th grader.

Anyways, not sure how we got on this tangent. Original comment was to emphasize that while they were solid players at this age and college coaches were on the sideline, none of them were competing to recruit children not yet even in high school or only there a few months.
                    Not sure but someone posted this GNT jumps to being a U16 team soon. The best 2002 freshmen in the entire nation are being scouted and that is the point. Colleges are dating them and will be ready to tie the knot when they are ready.

Comment

Not sure but someone posted this GNT jumps to being a U16 team soon. The best 2002 freshmen in the entire nation are being scouted and that is the point. Colleges are dating them and will be ready to tie the knot when they are ready.
                      I think the years got mixed somewhere. The NT at ODP was the U14 development.

Comment

I think the years got mixed somewhere. The NT at ODP was the U14 development.
                        It was a 2002 team and it will be a U16 GNT next year.

Comment

It was a 2002 team and it will be a U16 GNT next year.
                          According to this article, it was the U14GNT:

http://www.usyouthsoccer.org/teams_w...interregional/

Comment

According to this article, it was the U14GNT:

http://www.usyouthsoccer.org/teams_w...interregional/
                            I here they crushed the Florida U16 team!

Comment

I here they crushed the Florida U16 team!
                              Funny, I "here" your kid didn't even make the team.

Comment

Region III 1 of 18!
                                That is what is printed on their shirts.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X