Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    stars probably has an issue of bad coaching. Looking at the game reports, inviting new players in resulted in those 9-0, 6-0 losses. they were probably post-HS players looking to join gda who did not want to give up high school....i say this is unfair to those who did give up HS who have to share the field with those who did not.
    Yes and those HS players got a ton of minutes. It is hard for a team to adjust to several new players and those were the first games they had ever played with the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Yes and those HS players got a ton of minutes. It is hard for a team to adjust to several new players and those were the first games they had ever played with the team.
      I thought Stars didn’t give waivers, only BBA did.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest poster View Post
        What about the practice cone coaches that picked them? Shouldnt ussf have something to say about this as well...making a joke of their esteemed..haha..pyramid? Such crap.
        Which is why many were laughing at those claiming GDA was going to be soccer nirvana. Mostly same clubs with some questionable additions, same coaches, some but definitely not all the same players (also with questionable additions ).

Comment

It’s hugely common in so far as it it creates a very destructive trickle down effect. It’s very unhealthy.
          Totally agree. Parents and even players talk about it all the time. Almost everyone in a race to commit because they're afraid they will miss out. Kids are picking colleges without knowing for sure what they really want, coaches given offers to players that aren't fully mature. I've had an older son and now a daughter go through the process and hands down the boy's process is much more balanced and reasonable. Still some crazy parents of course but they're not frothing at the mouth at stories of 8th graders making commitments because it doesn't happen

Comment

Totally agree. Parents and even players talk about it all the time. Almost everyone in a race to commit because they're afraid they will miss out. Kids are picking colleges without knowing for sure what they really want, coaches given offers to players that aren't fully mature. I've had an older son and now a daughter go through the process and hands down the boy's process is much more balanced and reasonable. Still some crazy parents of course but they're not frothing at the mouth at stories of 8th graders making commitments because it doesn't happen
            You are in some twisted environment. With gda and ecnl before that and what you describe is fringe behavior outside of the norm. More level headed teams are out there if you look.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
              Then your club is not helping to advise the girls properly. Most coaches are careful about girls committing before they are sure.

Comment

Which is why many were laughing at those claiming GDA was going to be soccer nirvana. Mostly same clubs with some questionable additions, same coaches, some but definitely not all the same players (also with questionable additions ).
                This is not unique to Mass. Friends in other states in reg 1 mad how some kids picked by cone coaches to be on highest level team. Some can't use both feet fluidly and more.
                No wonder ussf is sh@t show at most age groups. Clubs should be on probation when they do this. One parent trying to get daughter who is top player on team to consider ecnl for rest of season. Let club get another patsy for funds and laughable gda spot.

Comment

those “questionable additions” meaning those who “joined” the team a week before the gda showcase? then i agree completely.

Comment

Apparently so...

Comment

I agree that top ECNL players are paying for two, some three years of showcases they don't need to be seen at, however, they do still need to play and train with top level players.
                      I think right now, the bulk of ECNL players stayed, at least around here. The DA teams, and im only talking stars, have a couple NT players and the rest are barely NPL level. Breakers DA could be very good when all rostered players are available. On the whole, the rest of the DA in the Northeast is awful. The ECNL remains to be seen. How is this good for anyone. You have some very good Breakers players, training together, which is good, but playing no one, which is bad. Then stars DA is training with many weak players, not good, and playing crap teams, not good. Both are playing by FIFA rules, which is one of the focuses of DA, but how does that benefit anyone? Most of the kids even close to Getting a NT call up already play all or most of the game. Also, what is the point of having a kid play the whole game if there's no way to measure output. Anyone can stand out on a field for 90 mins. NT camps and high end college programs monitor players and can see when there's a drop-off and see if more conditioning is needed. Just sending a kid, and these are kids with alot of competitivness and pride, out on the field for 90 mins not knowing their condition is irresponsible and will lead to injuries. I also agree with previous posts about making it more difficult for college coaches to identify players when the talent is more spread out. I believe the DA will soon morph into ECNL 2.0. allowing HS play and dropping FIFA rules. They had to start out appearing to be an alternative to ECNL, but I believe they will just take over.
                      Question..do you think NYCFC 18/19 are a good team? Also, the quality of your team does nto have to have any bearing on whether you train with top class players. You certainly dont need to travel all around the USA to play games.

Comment

Isn't it the same in reverse? Bottom of the roster 8th and 9th graders are paying for showcases they won't be recruited at? Their recruitment window is later. It's a team sport. You travel during the years it's not about you to support the team.
                        Support the team, sure, but I think you do what you can to become a better player. The gap between the top and bottom of many rosters leaves you little choice.

Comment

Question..do you think NYCFC 18/19 are a good team? Also, the quality of your team does nto have to have any bearing on whether you train with top class players. You certainly dont need to travel all around the USA to play games.
                          PDA is also all in with DA. All their top players in DA. I will take DA NE over ECNL in a heart beat in any age group. BBA, PDA, NYC (best of world class and surrounding), Oakwood and some sky blue are quality squads.

Comment

Correct but that doesn't mean that didn't pick new players at the post HS season DA evaluation clinic. #loophole

Comment

Correct but that doesn't mean that didn't pick new players at the post HS season DA evaluation clinic. #loophole
                              If they brought new ones on that suggests many didn’t go to flordia and they had to scamble to fill the roster.

Comment

PDA is also all in with DA. All their top players in DA. I will take DA NE over ECNL in a heart beat in any age group. BBA, PDA, NYC (best of world class and surrounding), Oakwood and some sky blue are quality squads.
                                You have no idea what you are talking about. PDA 16s and up are basically all ECNL for their top players.

In terms of the rest of the Northeast that's also false. Oakwood is an NPL club that finished 2nd to the NEFC (now Breakers) in every age group. They didn't manage to pick up ECNL players at all.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X