Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is a real disaster if true. I don't have time to research the rules but do they waive the "no re-entry rule" for showcase events? If so, why bother with the events?

I'm on my second run through this (one daughter in college) and can honestly say that at every showcase event I've attended it was pretty much equitable playing time. Obviously the tempo of a game is going to change when a key field player is removed from the field but in most instances the showcase was just as important to the back up player coming in as they have their schools watching them as well.

I'll also add that I've hardly ever seen coaches watch an entire match at a large showcase. Getting into a game for the last 20 minutes is really poor in a showcase.

Good luck OW people, you are going to need it.

I was at the showcase last week and can honestly say that Oakwood girls looked good, there were dozens of D1 college coaches watching them over the 3 games and the feedback from those coaches has been very positive. Let's compare college commitments in June, after the first full GDA season is concluded. My guess is that CFC will still get their girls plenty of D1 college coach exposure but Oakwood will have just as many commitments as their ECNL U15-U17 teams, the prime recruiting years.

Comment

I was at the showcase last week and can honestly say that Oakwood girls looked good, there were dozens of D1 college coaches watching them over the 3 games and the feedback from those coaches has been very positive. Let's compare college commitments in June, after the first full GDA season is concluded. My guess is that CFC will still get their girls plenty of D1 college coach exposure but Oakwood will have just as many commitments as their ECNL U15-U17 teams, the prime recruiting years.
      So, you're admitting OW had no college exposure before and in the same breath showing your naiveté by thinking one college showcase is going to spring OW ahead of other programs. That sums up the OW parent base.

Comment

You are completely out of your mind. The talent differential between CFC and OW at U16 and U17 is massive. CFC U17s have 9 players committed to D1 schools right now. Oakwood won't hit that number between their 16s and 17s combined.

CFC list for these two age groups will be superior in terms of both quality and quantity.

Go take up your bet with FSA.

Also, for what its worth the kids graduating in June were largely committed 18 months ago. If you want to start an apples to apples comparison, I'd use the 2001s and younger.

PS. How does the showcase work for players that only get 20 minutes of PT in a match? Are you including them in your estimates? Also, is this the new type of showcase where coaches mingle with parents and give them real-time feedback during the event? Must be a DA thing.

Comment

Appreciate your enthusiasm but the recruiting for the current seniors has been set for quite some time. There may the occasional school that has a late opening but that would certainly be an exception. Most seniors have already signed NLIs and have acceptances in hand.

Most scouts are recruiting Sophs and Juniors at this point. Top Schools are pretty much done with their 2019s at this point. It will take several years for Oakwood to have a seat at the adult table.

Comment

Who knows? Why does USSF do what they do? It is obviously not to qualify for world cups so it there must be some other agenda.
            Most of their agenda is to try and put ECNL out of business, with a little bit of YNT training for the top 1% of players thrown in as a bonus

Comment

You are completely out of your mind. The talent differential between CFC and OW at U16 and U17 is massive. CFC U17s have 9 players committed to D1 schools right now. Oakwood won't hit that number between their 16s and 17s combined.

CFC list for these two age groups will be superior in terms of both quality and quantity.

Go take up your bet with FSA.

Also, for what its worth the kids graduating in June were largely committed 18 months ago. If you want to start an apples to apples comparison, I'd use the 2001s and younger.

PS. How does the showcase work for players that only get 20 minutes of PT in a match? Are you including them in your estimates? Also, is this the new type of showcase where coaches mingle with parents and give them real-time feedback during the event? Must be a DA thing.
              Im not at either Club, but why does this matter? its starts with talent and then its on the kids to do the work. Both Clubs will get a good player seen and recruited.

Only logical way to differentiate would be to say either CFC is getting kids into better schools than their talent warrants or Oakwood is getting kids into worse schools than their talent should. Or that CFc coaching and training is far better than Oakwood. I doubt any of the above is the case as both Clubs have produced good players.

people get so caught up in BS. If I start with more talent, then surely I should get more commits? People look at absolutes. Another point ..who cares if you commit early and another kid late. Does that make you better ? of course not. There are plenty of early commits sitting on the bench at Colleges. There are plenty of kids who made YNT camps at 14 not getting invited anymore.

Its this stupidity that permeates this entire sector and why Clubs take parent for a ride every day financially.

Comment

Almost all of OW 18's were already committed and some 17's .... so don't give GDA any credit whatsoever for these classes.

Comment

What makes you think there are great players everywhere else ? Why woudl they pass teh ball in a HS game? Or in any other league? Its not a GDA problem is a talent dilution problem.

The USSF are idiots. they have made this whole thing goal oriented - the goal being make YNTs. They glorify these kids like you wold not believe. All this does is create complacency, expectations and fear. Watch the games. Do you see fantastic soccer? I dont. I see some individual moments and a total lack of a team plan or cohesion.

It should be all about becoming a better player. Thats the goal. If that means you get a better offer from a College, great. if that means you get to a level that the YNT comes calling , great, but no way is should that be the stated focus.

If you improve players, then the NT will improve (coaching notwithstanding). You dont improve players by focusing too much on a specific set of them.
                  My point was that for the FC Stars YNT players that were forced to leave ECNL team to play for a sorry GDA team and gets blown out shows they are now on an awful team with players that can't play at a decent level of play. Wouldn't those players have been better off to stay on the more talented ECNL team of their club??? .... oh yeah, its not about developing YNT players for USSF, it is about putting ECNL out of business and getting a piece of the power and $$ from the successful USWNT to help deflect the pi$$-poor job they have done on the men's side.

Comment

My point was that for the FC Stars YNT players that were forced to leave ECNL team to play for a sorry GDA team and gets blown out shows they are now on an awful team with players that can't play at a decent level of play. Wouldn't those players have been better off to stay on the more talented ECNL team of their club??? .... oh yeah, its not about developing YNT players for USSF, it is about putting ECNL out of business and getting a piece of the power and $$ from the successful USWNT to help deflect the pi$$-poor job they have done on the men's side.
                    They are both money grubbing leagues. It's not like the ECNL is some altruistic non-profit organization.

Comment

They are both money grubbing leagues. It's not like the ECNL is some altruistic non-profit organization.
                      No they were pretty straightforward. It's GDA that pretends to be something it isn't.

Comment

No they were pretty straightforward. It's GDA that pretends to be something it isn't.
                        pretty straight forward money grubbers both. National tournaments for kids soccer? Ok - sure - no one making $$$ with that nonsense, Lol.

Comment

pretty straight forward money grubbers both. National tournaments for kids soccer? Ok - sure - no one making $$$ with that nonsense, Lol.
                          USSF does it under the guise of improving US soccer. Ten years in with the boys side and how's that working out?

Comment

Appreciate your enthusiasm but the recruiting for the current seniors has been set for quite some time. There may the occasional school that has a late opening but that would certainly be an exception. Most seniors have already signed NLIs and have acceptances in hand.

Most scouts are recruiting Sophs and Juniors at this point. Top Schools are pretty much done with their 2019s at this point. It will take several years for Oakwood to have a seat at the adult table.
                            NLIs for Women's Soccer aren't sent/signed until February of the Student Athlete's Senior year...

Comment

Chill

Im not at either Club, but why does this matter? its starts with talent and then its on the kids to do the work. Both Clubs will get a good player seen and recruited.

Only logical way to differentiate would be to say either CFC is getting kids into better schools than their talent warrants or Oakwood is getting kids into worse schools than their talent should. Or that CFc coaching and training is far better than Oakwood. I doubt any of the above is the case as both Clubs have produced good players.

people get so caught up in BS. If I start with more talent, then surely I should get more commits? People look at absolutes. Another point ..who cares if you commit early and another kid late. Does that make you better ? of course not. There are plenty of early commits sitting on the bench at Colleges. There are plenty of kids who made YNT camps at 14 not getting invited anymore.

Its this stupidity that permeates this entire sector and why Clubs take parent for a ride every day financially.
                              Bravo. Take a bow. Well said. Soccet Parents are idiots. Enough said. I'm at a big three and I agree. It's up to the kid. Period. Just as a parent can't buy their way into a rock band... soccer parents think they can WILL the way. Whether club, personal training, driving across country, etc the illusion is ever present. The kids that excel dedicate their resources. Work in, equals work out. Period. Plenty of kids can play at higher levels in college but choose their path. It is, what it is, to the kid, with an objective steer from parents. The u12 parent has zero clue as the u17 parent should be real about opportunity. I know high school only kids playing d1 and ecnl kids playing at Williams. No right way, just your way

Played there, coached there, been there, parent there now

Comment

Holy moly. Cjsa came down off the mountain

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X