• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Game reports you dolt
    Come on now !!!

Comment

I don't have a pony in this race, but the Weston U16/17 team did very well at the GDA showcase vs. some good teams. I'm sorry, but if you're decent enough to be playing at that level with positive results, why would you drop down and play high school soccer? Seems foolish to even try doing both. Focus on playing at the higher level. As for Weston U18/19, along with the Boca U18/19 teams, I would finish out high school soccer. Both teams are not at a DA level. If I was on either of those two teams I would bag GDA, play high school, and jump on a US Soccer or ECNL team after high school soccer is over.

Comment

The next complaining post will be:

“All the college committed DA Seniors dropped out of DA to play high school!! They haven’t been committed to High School Soccer the way that my 3 year JV girl has been and now in her Senior season she won’t make Varsity, AGAIN!! Where is the DA rule that I can try and use to keep a girl from playing High School!?!?”

Comment

The next complaining post will be:

“All the college committed DA Seniors dropped out of DA to play high school!! They haven’t been committed to High School Soccer the way that my 3 year JV girl has been and now in her Senior season she won’t make Varsity, AGAIN!! Where is the DA rule that I can try and use to keep a girl from playing High School!?!?”
          You still don't get it. The complaint is not that GDA players are playing HS, it's that they are joining at the end of the season.

Nobody has a problem with GDA players who abide by the intent of GDA rules and leave their academy clubs for the duration of the HS season. Nobody has a problem with those players beating out less skilled players for PT. Please let that sink in before you post another ignorant opinion.

Comment

You still don't get it. The complaint is not that GDA players are playing HS, it's that they are joining at the end of the season.

Nobody has a problem with GDA players who abide by the intent of GDA rules and leave their academy clubs for the duration of the HS season. Nobody has a problem with those players beating out less skilled players for PT. Please let that sink in before you post another ignorant opinion.
            Is your kid gonna make it off JV?

Comment

Regionals do not begin until February 6th. It is December 11th. How is this the “end of the HS season? Perhaps your kid should join the Yearbook club and take pictures of the soccer game instead.

Comment

How do you know they didn’t play?
                So 2 weston players have up GDA showcase to play ODP? Is this true? Why?

Comment

They gave up

Comment

Regionals do not begin until February 6th. It is December 11th. How is this the “end of the HS season? Perhaps your kid should join the Yearbook club and take pictures of the soccer game instead.
                    Since you chose to attack only that detail in my post you must agree with the rest of it. Thank you for your support. Deep down you know I'm right.

Comment

Since you chose to attack only that detail in my post you must agree with the rest of it. Thank you for your support. Deep down you know I'm right.
                      You're not right. You're just over involved with the business of other kids. It wouldn't surprise me if you weren't allowed to hand out Halloween candy and within 50 yards of a school the way that you are obsessed with where teenage girls play soccer.

Comment

Good question for the parent! Sounds like an error in judgement.

Comment

Perhaps they were not going to play that much? Perhaps coaches for schools they were interested in attending were going to ODP and not the showcase?

Comment

Perhaps they were not going to play that much? Perhaps coaches for schools they were interested in attending were going to ODP and not the showcase?

Oooorrrr, they are already committed and a college showcase is not necessary.

Comment

they probably thought they were going to be slick and play both, TS outed them and weston had to sit them... just my guess

Comment

All district games MUST be played by like January 15. All regular games must be played by January 22. Then District playoffs begin sooner to determine who goes to Regionals.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X