Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The difference between additional time spent training is not 100% for GDA vs anything else. While I would whole-heartedly agree that club training is mostly better than high school training, all the kids foregoing Glastonbury players (and other players at school with decent HS teams) are not missing much (except their high school years, state championships, playing in front of their school/town, all-state awards .....). After the two-month fall season (which has high schools going 5-6 days per week with training and games vs 3-4 days for training and games in GDA), they fall back to a nominal amount of training during our very long winter (less than other clubs), and then 3x per week in the Spring which is the same as every other club. if one of those 150 national top players is from Oakwood, great, not sure why the other 200 kids have to miss out on so much. Missing fall doesn't seem to affect the Prep school kids and US Soccer knows this (so why can't you see it?).
    What prep school kids that didnt play gda over school are being called in. It seems like ussf wants full time commitment.

Comment

Well played sir. You win today. I wonder if that was NYCFC guy. He can't stop blathering on about how great GDA and NYCFC is.

Biggest parent misconception is that playing in a top league (whatever that may be) doesn't make them a top player. Second biggest misconception is that those lists matter.

Actually the biggest issue is people like the guy above misquoting or removing comments from context.

I will repeat it for you

NYCFC and the GDA curriculum has been great for MY KID. The facilities and coaching have been very good and 4x per week and all the additional stuff has really helped as she prepares for College.

I think it would be EXACTLY the same if those coaches were in the ECNL or NPL if they worked for 10 m and practiced the same # of times.

I think more than one person from NYCFC types here and maybe you are confusing me with them. Either way, you seem a shade salty that someone else is having a positive experience. Not sure why

Comment

What prep school kids that didnt play gda over school are being called in. It seems like ussf wants full time commitment.
        Ask OW, they had a bunch.

Comment

Well played sir. You win today. I wonder if that was NYCFC guy. He can't stop blathering on about how great GDA and NYCFC is.

Biggest parent misconception is that playing in a top league (whatever that may be) doesn't make them a top player. Second biggest misconception is that those lists matter.

Actually the biggest issue is people like the guy above misquoting or removing comments from context.

I will repeat it for you

NYCFC and the GDA curriculum has been great for MY KID. The facilities and coaching have been very good and 4x per week and all the additional stuff has really helped as she prepares for College.

I think it would be EXACTLY the same if those coaches were in the ECNL or NPL if they worked for 10 m and practiced the same # of times.

I think more than one person from NYCFC types here and maybe you are confusing me with them. Either way, you seem a shade salty that someone else is having a positive experience. Not sure why
          NYCFC looks attractive for sure, although that drive 4 days a week to Orangeburg seems daunting. Do you live in CT? How do you manage?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2272735]
            But many parents think their kids are top players because of a patch on their uniform
            Only the delusional ones. Most times oatch or not these kids get exposed quite easily. Coaches with fluff patches do as well.
            Those are the parents who are crestfallen when their kids don't make Varsity straight away.

Comment

NYCFC looks attractive for sure, although that drive 4 days a week to Orangeburg seems daunting. Do you live in CT? How do you manage?
              I dont. We had a guy coming from Albany last year . Crazy !!

Comment

I dont. We had a guy coming from Albany last year . Crazy !!
                No way. That is over 250 miles round trip.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                  no way. That is over 250 miles round trip.
                  fact.

Comment

No way. That is over 250 miles round trip.
                    Public article adn not negative so i dont feel bad posting

http://www.cnweekly.com/sports/shen-...d3da76bd5.html

believe me now ?

Comment

Wow. Crazy story. I believe you. Hope she does great.

Comment

GDAP adding national power Seacoast United to their already powerhouse clubs.

Comment

GDAP adding national power Seacoast United to their already powerhouse clubs.
                          Good god. Their boys' teams are bottom dwellers. USSF is clearly desperate to fill a geographic hole left by Stars departing.

Comment

Good god. Their boys' teams are bottom dwellers. USSF is clearly desperate to fill a geographic hole left by Stars departing.
                            How is it the ussf fault. Did they consult with the familes about soccer games in Rochester? The club did not have to accept that. Being on the edge of the division geographically is worse then being in the middle.

Comment

Oakwood has 3 kids on their academy team from Albany.

Comment

How is it the ussf fault. Did they consult with the familes about soccer games in Rochester? The club did not have to accept that. Being on the edge of the division geographically is worse then being in the middle.
                                If the league is supposed to be about quality they shouldn't be adding garbage clubs just to fill holes. Same with Empire or LISC and others. The clubs are just as guilty in participating in the sham

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X