Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
    pre-trout commitments are always a bit fishy. Those clubs tend to flounder, and fall from their perch.
    rofl :)

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Pre-trout commitments are always a bit fishy. Those clubs tend to flounder, and fall from their perch.
      Yes but I also understand why it appeals to clubs. They want to know what they'll have to work with for next year. It's also an opportunity to notify those who won't be given offers for next year.

Comment

rofl :)
        Clever for sure, but not rofl funny.

Comment

Majority of the time grass is not greener on the other side unless your just unhappy at current club but if you are happy then don't be an idiot take that invitation serious because clubs aren't gonna beg kids to stay. There's tons of flounder in the sea

Comment

Majority of the time grass is not greener on the other side unless your just unhappy at current club but if you are happy then don't be an idiot take that invitation serious because clubs aren't gonna beg kids to stay. There's tons of flounder in the sea
            Yes, and there's tons of water in the sea, too. And salt. And little tiny organisms called plankton.

Comment

Lmao awesome

Comment

It's not sleezy at all . It actually tells me who is serious about playing for that club and who isn't . Parents can't expect a club to wait for their commitment if they aren't serious because there's always more talented kids that want that spot and also need to be given a chance. So it the nature of the best either accept it or move on . Do you think professional teams give that wiggle room . I don't think so . It's a cut throat world are you in or out bottom line.
                Not too many years ago, a club I helped with tryouts had a studly kind of player attend. Everyone gushed over the kid and rightfully so.

The kid was offered a spot and given a few days to accept or not. But the kid was shopping clubs and failed to respond in the deadline imposed. To my big shock, the club moved on and filled the roster without this kid.

About a month later, the kid shows back up looking for a roster spot. The club did not provide it. I never thought the club would do that, since it is what many of you call "popup premier". I heard later that the kid caught on with some travel team in another town.

The next year that same kid was back for tryouts again. Got offered a spot and took it right away. She's an older player now and actually helps out some with the U-littles in the club. Has a college offer secured too.

The thing I remember most was the club showing some integrity here. Not so sure that would have been the outcome at a club where profits drove a lot of the decision making.

Comment

For the small percentage who will try and play in college the above is also a relevant lesson - college coaches won't wait around forever for your phone call. They'll give you a reasonable amount of time and then move on. Lots of fishes in the sea. Don't think you're all that special or you may get burned.

Comment

For the small percentage who will try and play in college the above is also a relevant lesson - college coaches won't wait around forever for your phone call. They'll give you a reasonable amount of time and then move on. Lots of fishes in the sea. Don't think you're all that special or you may get burned.
                    ** Unless your abilities are two standard deviations greater than their average player's abilities. The length if the leash is directly proportional to the ability of the player in every sport and at every level.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X