Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tryout placement

Since it sounds like they don’t pay much attention at tryouts do they offer kids (u12 and below)based on the team they are coming from? Hard to expect an A team kid would want to take a C spot at a new club.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Since it sounds like they don’t pay much attention at tryouts do they offer kids (u12 and below)based on the team they are coming from? Hard to expect an A team kid would want to take a C spot at a new club.
    Your post couldn’t be more vague. Who are you talking about?

Comment

I think they do and take a quick look, but don't be surprised if you are currently at a "Big 3" club and go to another "Big 3" club and end up on their B team. Chances are you are leaving because you are bottom half or worse there and they know this and are not likely to displace an incumbent ("loyal, paying customer") that easily.

Comment

Levels and loyalty vary from club to club. IF kids have been with the club for a few years and always pay, usually they don't get dropped due to them continuing to stay and not try to leave and play elsewhere.

If the kid is truly "A" worthy he/she will be noticed and placed accordingly.

Comment

Levels and loyalty vary from club to club. IF kids have been with the club for a few years and always pay, usually they don't get dropped due to them continuing to stay and not try to leave and play elsewhere.

If the kid is truly "A" worthy he/she will be noticed and placed accordingly.
          Definitely not true for the 2nd statement. Seen plenty of really good kids trying out for my kids teams that were never given A offers and refused B placements.

Comment

Definitely not true for the 2nd statement. Seen plenty of really good kids trying out for my kids teams that were never given A offers and refused B placements.
            Some B team players can't get onto A teams in their own clubs, so they have to jump to another club to get the promotion.

Comment

Some B team players can't get onto A teams in their own clubs, so they have to jump to another club to get the promotion.
              That's true. For some I think it is more the loyalty card at some point than quality. If younger, and had done clinics for years, then moved onto the premier team, sometimes this favors them to continue to develop, and stay on the team rather than being demoted for a new player.

Later it gets seems to be less movement since teams are built and developed in a way that suits them. The player that is trying to come in has to be hands down better than what is there, if just a little better, or on par, no reason to get rid of a player that has been on the A team for years and know how it works.

Also if they are trying to do a swap, you risk losing the player going from the higher team to to the lower team, but they can spin it for the lower player that they'll get a shot at the higher team, enabling them to keep both.

Comment

Sounds like you have a C level kid. It's ok, keep your chin up.

Comment

No has A offers. Just not sure where he wants to go. Interested in new club for closer location but don’t want to give up current A for a possible B.

Comment

I think by the end of the season FSA has a very good idea who if any of their existing kids are going up, and the coach has likely spoken to them about it long before tryouts...

Comment

That's true. For some I think it is more the loyalty card at some point than quality. If younger, and had done clinics for years, then moved onto the premier team, sometimes this favors them to continue to develop, and stay on the team rather than being demoted for a new player.

Later it gets seems to be less movement since teams are built and developed in a way that suits them. The player that is trying to come in has to be hands down better than what is there, if just a little better, or on par, no reason to get rid of a player that has been on the A team for years and know how it works.

Also if they are trying to do a swap, you risk losing the player going from the higher team to to the lower team, but they can spin it for the lower player that they'll get a shot at the higher team, enabling them to keep both.
                      My daughter has been offered a position on next year's ECNL team, but it seems she is rated #15-18 on the roster. She gets minutes, but less so in the top matches. Should I keep her on the team for next year? Or move to another club where she would likely play more, but it would not be ECNL.

Any sound advice would be appreciated.

Comment

My daughter has been offered a position on next year's ECNL team, but it seems she is rated #15-18 on the roster. She gets minutes, but less so in the top matches. Should I keep her on the team for next year? Or move to another club where she would likely play more, but it would not be ECNL.

she needs to be playing

Comment

15-18. Honestly if it were me I would move to another club where she would get more playing time. It is supposed to be fun. Not much fun riding the bench

Comment

02 (No, don't move)
                            03 (you still can and if she's not happy where you are at, then go)
                            04 or younger (yes.....perfect time)

Comment

Tough call. Is she a late bloomer? Hard to tell if she will ever crack the starting line-up. If you decide to leave, how will the club look at it? Quitter who does not want to put the work in? If you leave, you will likely not have another shot at ECNL at this club.

Generally agree that you should find a place where the kid will play. Also lots of money being spent to watch your kid on the pine.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X