Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OC on downward spiral

How the mighty have fallen! A few years ago we tried out for the club and the seminole soccer loop was full of kids and people. This year, it reminded me of a small local club hoping a few new kids moved to the area, rather than a brand name using a MLS logo of a popular local club. They literally cannot attract anyone there anymore, and are begging and pleading for people to stay. I guess everyone knows now that OC is a poorly run club who does not care about the children and families they serve, only trying to win more youth soccer games. They have failed to realize that parents and kids are less interested in winning but rather developing and learning soccer, while having fun doing so, which often leads to positive results.

awesome original thread. great to see some new thoughts being expressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      awesome original thread. great to see some new thoughts being expressed.
      Not the OP, as my old football coach used to yell at us.... "sarcasm is for cowards!"

Comment

Not the OP, as my old football coach used to yell at us.... "sarcasm is for cowards!"
        Mine used to say “water is weakness” the OP is still an idiot and so are you.

Comment

My opinion on their downfall stems back to the good old boys running the show. Picking players within OC and back scratching over fielding better players from outside. To much clouded decision making only to line coaches pockets. Now that those "good old boys" are gone OC youth soccer is sitting in that pile of muck left over.

Comment

My opinion on their downfall stems back to the good old boys running the show. Picking players within OC and back scratching over fielding better players from outside. To much clouded decision making only to line coaches pockets. Now that those "good old boys" are gone OC youth soccer is sitting in that pile of muck left over.
            Old news for a bunch of has been coaches. They are on the down side of a long run in helping build and now dismantle the only mls academy in the area. Still manipulating the system for their kids personal gain even now when they are no longer da coaches.

Comment

Interesting...I don't give a fvck what your old football coach used to say.

I think you sh!t posting on an anonymous message board makes you a coward.

Comment

Interesting...I don't give a fvck what your old football coach used to say.

I think you sh!t posting on an anonymous message board makes you a coward.
                and I think you should not have been satisfied with just a GED. Dumbass.

Comment

Never Found the Right Balance

Not sure OCYS solved the dilemma of keeping a winning team together and providing opportunities for better players to move up. So, some teams would start off strong and then falter as the better players were moved around the club. When the DA was moved to Lake County, several of the DA players were then moved to ECNL displacing kids that worked very hard to get to the ECNL. The displaced kids looked to move to other clubs, scaled back playing to concentrate on academics, or found other interests.

Comment

Old news for a bunch of has been coaches. They are on the down side of a long run in helping build and now dismantle the only mls academy in the area. Still manipulating the system for their kids personal gain even now when they are no longer da coaches.
                    The only thing inaccurate about your post is the suggestion that those good ole boys ever "help[ed] build" an MLS academy. It was never even close to being that. It was a regular club with MLS patches on the sleeves and nothing more. A complete joke--and I say this from the inside looking out. The two amigos wouldn't know good soccer if it jumped up and bit them in the arse and have no idea how to teach boys to play the game correctly. the repeat the same trite bull**** and giggle like school girls when kids dribble the ball in circles and run fast and do 30 step overs then lose the ball. The insane politics and ass-kissing was only the half of it. The product on the field and the development was laughable. They had all of the best players coming to them for a while there and still coalfield teams that played attractive soccer and were any better than average non-MLS DA clubs. Good job fellas. Rubbish. I love that. Two ass clowns.

Comment

Your joking... OC was left in utter ruins with GB, CM RUNNING THE SHOW. The main Brazilian owner said enough and moved the DA to professionals at Mt. V academy

The club is now in Muck as you state but what does Paul S do he hires the same jokers to coach ECNL boys and girls. The same jokers that brought OC down on the professional side of the house that was fully funded are now lurking in the ECNL program grabbing that paycheck and making empty promises

Comment

Your joking... OC was left in utter ruins with GB, CM RUNNING THE SHOW. The main Brazilian owner said enough and moved the DA to professionals at Mt. V academy

The club is now in Muck as you state but what does Paul S do he hires the same jokers to coach ECNL boys and girls. The same jokers that brought OC down on the professional side of the house that was fully funded are now lurking in the ECNL program grabbing that paycheck and making empty promises
                        I think thats what the poster was eluding to

Comment

the lack of leadership is reason for downfall, lack of family atmosphere and developing kids....

Comment

OC takes your money, then doesn't try and develop your kid, and won't listen if you complain. PS and LH need to be leaders and right the ship

Comment

OC takes your money, then doesn't try and develop your kid, and won't listen if you complain. PS and LH need to be leaders and right the ship
                              GB owns PS. Just ask him and he will tell you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X