Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered
    I warned you to ignore these people. Why don't you ask them how many of their kids are on the YNT? That will really get them going.
    None. And therein lies the problem. On another note, I did see that BH was not on the U20 roster, but maybe she is too old for that now.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I warned you to ignore these people. Why don't you ask them how many of their kids are on the YNT? That will really get them going.
      will it ? I think you assume you know who is typing. you have no clue.

Comment

None. And therein lies the problem. On another note, I did see that BH was not on the U20 roster, but maybe she is too old for that now.
        Where did you read this? At least she is at Duke.

Comment

wrong again . its a simple response to the guy who wants to refute the fact that this year there were more elite players in the NE GDA than there were in the ECNL. I used YNT camps as a gauge. I can think of one kid who is ECNL. out of 15+

Comment

Not too old. roster of 20 only taking 2 GK. If she was too old she would not be selected ever for tyhe U20s USSF do not select kids who are ineligible for World Cups to rosters in WC cycles. Funny how I know all this stuff ;)

Comment

I don't know of any BBA kids on the YNTs, but I don't know all the age groups.

Comment

I think you are wrong about ECNL, and I am a parent of a daughter in DA who was in ECNL last year. There is no kid who can play at UNC going to ECU, and no coach in his right mind would push that.

The third reason is that the teams in DA are very, very variable, and some of the stronger teams are dropping out. I know because my daughter has to schlep a lot of weekends for blowouts. What should concern the club is the NPL teams. If college soccer is the end game, the majority of those kids are going to have a terrible time getting noticed or recruited. As the girls get older, it is a tiny number of teams.
                Untrue
                I know of kids offered 50% at unc but took 100% at ECU (or equivalent) instead. Unc partial offer kids take a lesser program’s 100% all the time. Not making a judgement just saying a fact.

Comment

Unless you have multiple local options, I think your theory is the most flawed, but widely accepted out there. I value a club based on its ability to help my kid get the College commitment that is commensurate with her ability.

the way to get the most commitments options is to maximize her god given talents.

Valuing other peoples commitments is the most asinine practice ever, right up there with getting caught up with day to day results.
                  Sorry for delay (work!)
                  Once Again, I think you are right as it relates to advice and guidance. Parents should not track day-to-day results and shouldn’t measure clubs by commitments for other kids - that’s a good one by the way. I am not giving advice, I am making observations about the market. The market is emotional. Just as parents celebrate day-to-day wins, they want their kids to dream big, and those dreams get filled by the clubs with the best commitment lists.

Comment

Untrue
                    I know of kids offered 50% at unc but took 100% at ECU (or equivalent) instead. Unc partial offer kids take a lesser program’s 100% all the time. Not making a judgement just saying a fact.
                    What is ecu?

Comment

What is ecu?
                      Eastern Carolina. Myth or stupidity.

Comment

I think you are wrong about ECNL, and I am a parent of a daughter in DA who was in ECNL last year. There is no kid who can play at UNC going to ECU, and no coach in his right mind would push that.

The third reason is that the teams in DA are very, very variable, and some of the stronger teams are dropping out. I know because my daughter has to schlep a lot of weekends for blowouts. What should concern the club is the NPL teams. If college soccer is the end game, the majority of those kids are going to have a terrible time getting noticed or recruited. As the girls get older, it is a tiny number of teams.
                        Playing in NPL, ODP, and High School won't impede anyone from playing in college. If you think it takes a badge or league to get noticed, recruited or play in college, you've been sorely misinformed or bought into the marketing hype machine. Here is a hint: attend a couple of college ID camps run by the school/coaching staff of the colleges you're interested in. Don't need DA or ECNL for that...

Comment

Eastern Carolina. Myth or stupidity.
                          I’ll bite. I call myth.

Comment

Playing in NPL, ODP, and High School won't impede anyone from playing in college. If you think it takes a badge or league to get noticed, recruited or play in college, you've been sorely misinformed or bought into the marketing hype machine. Here is a hint: attend a couple of college ID camps run by the school/coaching staff of the colleges you're interested in. Don't need DA or ECNL for that...
                            This is a very hard sell with two more competitive leagues. It may be true if your club doesn’t offer DA or ECNL.

Comment

This is a very hard sell with two more competitive leagues. It may be true if your club doesn’t offer DA or ECNL.
                              It’s the gods honest truth. You only need the DA if your kid is a top 1% type player that is totally committed to soccer and therefore willing to sell out and do the work to be the best player they can be. The rest of the hype about the DA and the ECNL is pure fiction. If you understand the targeting approach you soon realize that anything that takes you out of the area where your target schools are located is a waste of time and money. With the targeting approach you and your kid pick the schools you both think are a good fit and go directly to them by going to their id clinics and camps. If you target correctly they’ll be interested, it’s why they run those events. Beats the heck out of flying across the country and having to hope some random school “discovers” your kid.

Comment

It’s the gods honest truth. You only need the DA if your kid is a top 1% type player that is totally committed to soccer and therefore willing to sell out and do the work to be the best player they can be. The rest of the hype about the DA and the ECNL is pure fiction. If you understand the targeting approach you soon realize that anything that takes you out of the area where your target schools are located is a waste of time and money. With the targeting approach you and your kid pick the schools you both think are a good fit and go directly to them by going to their id clinics and camps. If you target correctly they’ll be interested, it’s why they run those events. Beats the heck out of flying across the country and having to hope some random school “discovers” your kid.
                                False equivalency. No one flies across the country in the hopes of being discovered. Everyone has to target coaches. NPL is screwed on the girls side.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X