Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    yeah FSA dad. You tell them. I had a kid on MD's team. He went the whole year without talking to the team. Just barked at them. Not high quality and a pompous ahole on top of it. You can have FSA, We are out of there.
    Enjoy CFC City. It's best to play at a level your kid enjoys and at which she's competitive.

Comment

yeah FSA dad. You tell them. I had a kid on MD's team. He went the whole year without talking to the team. Just barked at them. Not high quality and a pompous ahole on top of it. You can have FSA, We are out of there.
      As far as I can tell, all FSA college coaches do this. All of them. They bark, screech at, and try to joystick their players. I get a sense that being a good college coach does not necessarily translate into being a good teacher, mentor, leader, and coach for teenagers.

Comment

As far as I can tell, all FSA college coaches do this. All of them. They bark, screech at, and try to joystick their players. I get a sense that being a good college coach does not necessarily translate into being a good teacher, mentor, leader, and coach for teenagers.
        I once heard CC yell at her team at practice, "you're all uncoachable."

Really, all 30 kids on your team are "uncoachable"?

I mean, am sure there's duds on there, and legacies, but there also have to be at least a few decent players interested in the sport who perform pretty well and get the game. Maybe, just maybe, it wasn't each one of 30 kids who were "uncoachable."

Maybe, just maybe, it was the fly-by-night practice with no planning, no goals, and no expectations that was presented in an obtuse and confusing way by a coach who really just wanted to go out drinking with her friends?

That said, I witnessed that but didn't see her coach that team in games, and such, so maybe, just maybe, this was a unique happening and not representative of typica (less terrible) coaching? Maybe. The incident stuck with me, though.

Comment

Enjoy CFC City. It's best to play at a level your kid enjoys and at which she's competitive.
          F$A should spend less time posting on TS and more time at management-level meetings trying to figure out how to plug all the leaking holes.

Comment

F$A should spend less time posting on TS and more time at management-level meetings trying to figure out how to plug all the leaking holes.
            Fingers.

Comment

The behavior is quite common among many coaches in nearly every Club in the state, along with travel and even Rec teams. It is not exclusive to College Coaches.

Comment

For whatever reason, this team hasn't found itself. Worst team atmosphere I've seen in a long time. Probably, that's leadership from the coach, but there's other factors. A bunch of these kids have committed and just want to stay in shape. A bunch of these kids are not so strong. A guest coach damaged things early on by covering a game for the "regular" coach but then bringing and playing her own kids from her own team; that did not go over well with anyone, and it is reflective, perhaps, of FSA's consideration for this team and players. Those things said, when the "regular" coach is there, playing time is fair, subbing as expected, and it's clear he knows how to coach when he wants. But, no, two tournaments were expected and GPS was a very poor choice and tuition way overpriced. Everyone has the ability to walk away, though. You don't have to stay there. As a side note, by its treatment of this team and families, FSA might be burning themselves with regards to younger siblings. Dunno who will coach it next year, but I suspect MS wouldn't really be interested unless required to.
                HAHA, EF never stops promoting her pomfret players does she?

Comment

Fingers.
                  Tally whacker

Comment

Folks have posted various numbers in the past on various threads, but thought with try-out season in full swing, it might be interesting to try again with a thread that has the prices for all the area clubs. I cannot find a single club that is transparent about prices. It's amazing how much all the clubs try to hide the fees and other costs - even AFTER offers are made.

Please be honest. I'll start.

Beachside Premier
                    -Fee - $3800
                    -Kit - around $350 (more if you get optional gear)
                    -Golden Goal Preseason - $470
                    -Coaches/game fees for optional/additional games & tournaments - $200
                    -Hotel/travel to 2 EDP tournaments - $1500
                    -Annual banquet - $50 admission per family member ($250 for family of 5) + $50 for team basket + $xx for donations/raffles
                    -Scholarship/field fund - $0 but the calls are relentless

Academy is more across the board (travel, fees, uniforms, etc,). For example, the kit is expensive and they make all the players buy a $120 soccer ball.
                    we pay about $500.00 a year for my kids Town premier team .

Comment

The behavior is quite common among many coaches in nearly every Club in the state, along with travel and even Rec teams. It is not exclusive to College Coaches.
                      The crap that FSA puts out for coaches for the C teams is eye opening. Joysticking losers

Comment

The crap that FSA puts out for coaches for the C teams is eye opening. Joysticking losers
                        Have you seen the girls ECNL coaches?

Comment

Worth it. Look at the resumes of FSA's coaches, MD, AD, CC, look at the numerous college coaches on their coaching team, and review the facility. Everything about this club is top notch.
                          CC is the most overrated coach there. She can't relate to the players and has zero communication skills. She isn't willing to spend any extra time practicing besides her scheduled practice times. It wouldn't be hard to look for open field times and schedule an extra practice once in a while, but she puts in as little time as possible. She is more interested in hanging around the other coaches then her team. She was invited to a few team dinners and never showed up.she is a pompous a..

Comment

CC is the most overrated coach there. She can't relate to the players and has zero communication skills. She isn't willing to spend any extra time practicing besides her scheduled practice times. It wouldn't be hard to look for open field times and schedule an extra practice once in a while, but she puts in as little time as possible. She is more interested in hanging around the other coaches then her team. She was invited to a few team dinners and never showed up.she is a pompous a..
                            ^^^^^^ My experience with CC, too.

Comment

Wow. All kind of truths coming out about FSA. Ow must be loving this.

Comment

what happened to tim chase? who is the coach of this club??

Folks have posted various numbers in the past on various threads, but thought with try-out season in full swing, it might be interesting to try again with a thread that has the prices for all the area clubs. I cannot find a single club that is transparent about prices. It's amazing how much all the clubs try to hide the fees and other costs - even AFTER offers are made.

Please be honest. I'll start.

Beachside Premier
                                -Fee - $3800
                                -Kit - around $350 (more if you get optional gear)
                                -Golden Goal Preseason - $470
                                -Coaches/game fees for optional/additional games & tournaments - $200
                                -Hotel/travel to 2 EDP tournaments - $1500
                                -Annual banquet - $50 admission per family member ($250 for family of 5) + $50 for team basket + $xx for donations/raffles
                                -Scholarship/field fund - $0 but the calls are relentless

Academy is more across the board (travel, fees, uniforms, etc,). For example, the kit is expensive and they make all the players buy a $120 soccer ball.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X