X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s been said about fives. Zero Real players went to United

PS. AC CT is also bad about collecting tuition. Also the ACC tuition will be much higher and travel to Newtown will be required. Expect families to drop out
    Why would travel to Newtown be a problem for anyone at all? That’s a quick, easy commute from the typical Real customer.

Comment

Why would travel to Newtown be a problem for anyone at all? That’s a quick, easy commute from the typical Real customer.
      They were commuting to CSA in New Milford. Lot further to get to Newtown with lots of 84 traffic

Comment

AC has gotten much better about it lately. Newtown is only for the winter months. Of course not all Real families will stay for their own reasons - travel, coaching whatever. It isn't like there aren't other clubs out there to chose from and it is a free market.
        They are still floating families and people don’t like. Similar to Real

Comment

They were commuting to CSA in New Milford. Lot further to get to Newtown with lots of 84 traffic
          it's only for a few winter months. families will either be willing to do or they won't. there are likely other real families from further south for whom newtown is now better for them. can't please everyone.

Comment

They are still floating families and people don’t like. Similar to Real
            Different AC poster and I agree they've gotten better on collections. One time I just forgot to pay and they waited months to reach out again. But this year they've been much more on top of it and the last team note about this issue was that your kid won't be rostered until you pay up. Not sure if they stuck to it since we were paid in full, but it was the first time I'd seen such a notice

Comment

Different AC poster and I agree they've gotten better on collections. One time I just forgot to pay and they waited months to reach out again. But this year they've been much more on top of it and the last team note about this issue was that your kid won't be rostered until you pay up. Not sure if they stuck to it since we were paid in full, but it was the first time I'd seen such a notice
              The fact they had to send out a team email like that is indicative of a larger issue. If it was only one or two there’s no need for a group email

Comment

The fact they had to send out a team email like that is indicative of a larger issue. If it was only one or two there’s no need for a group email
                Well, communications have never been their strong suit. I wish they'd get rid of parent managers - ours this year is not very good. Very happy with the coaching and competition but the back office is still a work in progress. They've built into a solid club in 3-4 years which isn't easy

Comment

Well, communications have never been their strong suit. I wish they'd get rid of parent managers - ours this year is not very good. Very happy with the coaching and competition but the back office is still a work in progress. They've built into a solid club in 3-4 years which isn't easy
                  ACC Back office and communication is terrible. Tryouts and tournaments are chaotic.

Coaching is average. No college interaction except WCSU. Agree that league competition can be very good.

Comment

Our club does team-wide email reminders too, and I don't believe there's a financial problem with them. I think it's to keep everyone on their toes and to not single out any non-payers.

Agree with parent managers for a club, for the money we're paying there should be much much better coordination and communication from club. Had better managers in town soccer.

Comment

Lots of chest thumping and back slapping for the merger of CFC Real; a three year old, money losing club.

How many people can honestly say that they heard of CFC Real prior to this merger

Comment

Key word is paying. If you have a high non payment rate or families drop out it will be dilutive
                        CFC is going to make you think that this was not a problem for them. Make no mistake, this hurts CFC. They had a quality branch up and running. Money was flowing to the Mother Ship and Real would have gotten stronger as they grew. The difficult thing about the CFC model is logistics. Convincing players to leave decent branch teams with good coaching can be hard if the travel and cost is prohibitive. You also know it has to sting that they lost a branch to AC CT. Only thing worse for Coxon would be losing Branch to Rush. Coxon should try to reach out to Rush to replace Real. God knows the Rush coaches are fed up with JS right now and would love an offer.

Comment

CFC is going to make you think that this was not a problem for them. Make no mistake, this hurts CFC. They had a quality branch up and running. Money was flowing to the Mother Ship and Real would have gotten stronger as they grew. The difficult thing about the CFC model is logistics. Convincing players to leave decent branch teams with good coaching can be hard if the travel and cost is prohibitive. You also know it has to sting that they lost a branch to AC CT. Only thing worse for Coxon would be losing Branch to Rush. Coxon should try to reach out to Rush to replace Real. God knows the Rush coaches are fed up with JS right now and would love an offer.
                          CJSA will be crushed. "Quality branch". Oh, please stop, you're killing me.

Comment

Rush and JS have had some recent stumbles. Emergency Board meeting in Wilton recently questioned whether JS and Rush should be involved. Rush also much more limited on field access recently. Something is brewing in the land of Lilly...

Comment

CJSA will be crushed. "Quality branch". Oh, please stop, you're killing me.
                              Real had their teams primarily in CCSL and were doing well. They were quality for sure. Way better than Sound and Valley for sure.

Comment

Real had their teams primarily in CCSL and were doing well. They were quality for sure. Way better than Sound and Valley for sure.
                                The ACC high school coaches are out in force u

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X