Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boys soccer camps

Looking for soccer camp for my son this summer. Would like to get him in front of some college coaches. He is currently a freshman. Anyone have some reccommendations for a decent recruiting camp? TIA

Where do you live?

Take a look at the Brazilian Arts Training, based out of St. A's. What's good is they split between soccer and futsal so it's a great skills training. And, they have HS-aged concentrated camps.

Comment

Thanks but I dont think that is a recruiting camp. My kid is interested in playing soccer in college so was looking for a summer camp that exposed him to a few different college coaches so he could get an idea of expectations etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Thanks but I dont think that is a recruiting camp. My kid is interested in playing soccer in college so was looking for a summer camp that exposed him to a few different college coaches so he could get an idea of expectations etc.
        sorry, missed the college ask.

The camp is led by a college coach and there other's in attendance. There's also the College Combine, of which there is a thread on here which you can get details.

Comment

Looking for soccer camp for my son this summer. Would like to get him in front of some college coaches. He is currently a freshman. Anyone have some reccommendations for a decent recruiting camp? TIA
          Here's a camp we're considering for our current freshman son. It has a nice mix of D1,D2 & D3 schools. Our son is most interested in D3. Not sure if you were looking specifically in NH but this isn't too far away from you being in Boston area.

My experience with our older son is that the coaches are most interested in the upperclassmen, but it's a good way for the younger player to start interacting with college coaches and getting comfortable in the competitive setting that is the soccer ID camp.

http://collegiatesocceracademy.com/boys-session-ii/

Comment

Not sure if you want all day/overnight, but here is one we did for our soph a few weeks ago. He liked it, three solid hours of time with the coaches.

elitecollegecombine.com

Comment

Your club should be helping you with all this so I’m assuming he’s not playing club. Honestly if he’s not playing club on the highest team he stands little chance of playing on college. Recruitment starts with college showcase tournaments and coaches only go and watch teams in the highest bracket.

Comment

Your club should be helping you with all this so I’m assuming he’s not playing club. Honestly if he’s not playing club on the highest team he stands little chance of playing on college. Recruitment starts with college showcase tournaments and coaches only go and watch teams in the highest bracket.
                Club is not going to do much with a freshman boy....

Comment

And, why not?

Comment

I agree. My freshman son has gotten a handout (which was well thought out) but nothing beyond that. Our older son (heading off to play D3 soccer) got very little support from the club. I am not complaining, just stating our experience. They did host an annual "college night" but as far as researching camps, contacting coaches etc., it was all on us. That being said, it was a great learning experience for our son. He emailed and texted coaches. He talked to them at camp, showcases and on the phone.

Comment

And, why not?
                      Because they are not getting recruited at that age. Go to any showcase event and tell me how many coaches are looking at them...0. Kids have no idea what they want to do at that age either so why target a school when it may not have what they are interested in? Sophomore year they should start building a resume/video and reach out to some coaches. They may check out a game, but still doubtful, but you are on the radar. You can also hit some day camps with multiple coaches to get a look and honest evaluation. Junior year they will come see you play and you will need to go to school specific camps. They will want to see your grades, see you at a game and a camp and talk to your DOC or coach. The player should plan to visit the coach and should watch the team play.

Sophomore year
                      video
                      start reaching out
                      local camps

Junior year
                      Grades
                      visits
                      school camps
                      game review

etc.

Comment

Maybe things have changed. I got my first letter freshman year. I believe our club has resources available from that age and beyond. I guess I'll see as my kid isn't at that age yet.

Comment

Possibly soccer plus camps. I can't swear by it in terms of college exposure but they have a website you can research.

Comment

There were 55 college coaches on the sidelines at my sophomore’s showcase games in December. Starting to research as a freshman is not too early.

Comment

There were 55 college coaches on the sidelines at my sophomore’s showcase games in December. Starting to research as a freshman is not too early.
                              Was this for boys? U-16?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X