Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Rubbish. Coaches will go to see players they are interested, no matter the bracket. You do realize that Internationals who failed to make any of the top 2 brackets last year have several kids on YNTS from U18-u20 and one who is in contention to go to the WC with the U-20s right
    You do know that was because their Technical director became the u19 WNT coach right?

Comment

Im with you. parent of a current YNT player, not from CT. here are my observations on YNT camps inclusion and they vary fas you get older. so let say U-17 and below

1. Huge input from April Kater
      2. Talent - although its more her seeing something in the player. Others may not see it
      3. Ability to be a US soccer person in camp - ie display the values they seem to want. This has very little to do with talent. More like morphing into what they want. rah rah , die for the cause etc
      4. Birth year. It helps to fit in wth WC cycles as for example 2000s have to be young U17 WCuppers becasue when they are 17, they are too old for the WC this year.

At young ages, how you did in your first camp can often set the agenda for the rest. Ive seen kids get repeated call ups who are not getting better as well as kids who are killing them get no looks at all.

U-17 and above there is some carry over form the past, but teh slate does clean a bit. Nowadays, tactical fit is really being stressed as they go to a 433 pressing model.

Bottom line is, you can do all the things tha CFC guy suggests and still not get a call up for all sortsd of reasons tha make no sense. Its not the case that teh best are in camp and the rest are not.

I know first hand. I have seen my kid called in when she was not playing well and excluded when she was lighting it up. Ive seen her score goals in international games and not get recalled. ive seen her be the best player on the field according to TDS and other sources and not get called in to the next camp. Ive seen her called into camp having not played a league game in 2 months.

Anyone who thinks it a great measure is not telling the truth. there is a lot of nepotism involved. if a kid benefiting from that happens to play your position, then there si on less spot. they take kids and pick them at forward, then defense within 3 camps.

Just look at the Internationals rise and how it coincides with Keri Sarver becoming a coach of theYNTs
      That’s all good for your kid, but for 99 percent of the people on the board it is irrelevant. There kid is not making a ynt....most of them would be happy just getting Allstate in high school. What matters for the ecnl crowd is college.

Facts point to cfc over Fsa, year after freaking year using the college metric.

Comment

I think you should review the original post you were replying to...here it is for you...

See the question marks at the end of those first couple of lines...he's asking YOU which metric you'd like to use to justify YOUR claim that FSA develops players. He's putting the onus on YOU to defend YOUR statement with, as you so eloquently said, "Quantifiable, measurable and comparable proof of individual player improvement."

He then offered up options (again in the form of a question) about metrics that might be quantifiable, measurable and comparable to validate that, indeed, FSA develops players. Since the metrics offered don't seem to match your stringent criteria, which metric shows that FSA is really developing players by comparison to CFC?

First of all, I made no claim about FSA developing anyone. I never credit clubs for player development. I credit players for that. I credit coaches for assisting players in their personal development. Clubs are there to organize things, provide uniforms and manage the overhead and logistics. And apparently to rake in the profits for the owners.

Someone postured how we know if a club develops players and I provided what I believe would be the only way to actually do that, regardless of club. My personal view is that very few clubs at any level actually run tryouts that yield "Quantifiable, measurable and comparable proof of individual player improvement."

You know where you see that? Colleges, very elite clubs and the top academies and the top prep and high school programs.

I don't think FSA or CFC really have much claim to developing players at all. Neither does OW, YU or BS. Clubs don't develop players. Players, along with their coaches, do this.

Comment

Here's How. Clarke gets on the USSF coaching staff as both a scout and as the U17 WNT assistant. Buddies with mark Carr. The USSF then pretty much gives him a free pass. He recommends a kid, they get invited to national camp. Same with JD at Stars he WAS on the USSF staff, when he was he got any kid in he wanted to. SO arrogant as to even brag about it to parents of kids he was trying to recruit to Stars. He even was able to keep kids out. Another coach, say PDA recommends a kid the USSF head coach for the age group scrutinize the kid and for reasons often not even associated with their talent may say, "not this time".

So, thanks for proving me right.

I don't see the official role CFC plays in any of that above. I see a person, who happens to work for the CFC club, part-time, use personal influence to gain kids invites. If what you say above is true......

Based on your input, if Clarke went to work for FSA, BS, Ginga or Naugatuck Youth Soccer, if he had the personal connection with USSF as you describe above, the outcome would be the same for any kid he spotted and recommended.

Clubs don't develop players. They are organizations. The organize.

Comment

So, thanks for proving me right.

I don't see the official role CFC plays in any of that above. I see a person, who happens to work for the CFC club, part-time, use personal influence to gain kids invites. If what you say above is true......

Based on your input, if Clarke went to work for FSA, BS, Ginga or Naugatuck Youth Soccer, if he had the personal connection with USSF as you describe above, the outcome would be the same for any kid he spotted and recommended.

Clubs don't develop players. They are organizations. The organize.
            Let’s not get carried away. He wouldn’t stay in his position long if he was recommending players from those clubs. Lol. Look, connections help in any profession, but at the end of the day, if the player isn’t good enough, it won’t make a difference. And clubs do develop players. Players can help themselves by working on their game, but to not understand the important role of the club is to put your head in the sand or show complete ignorance.

Comment

You do know that was because their Technical director became the u19 WNT coach right?
              well aware of that, they were recruited though right? from a team not in any of the top brackets right ?

Comment

That’s all good for your kid, but for 99 percent of the people on the board it is irrelevant. There kid is not making a ynt....most of them would be happy just getting Allstate in high school. What matters for the ecnl crowd is college.

has nothing to do with my kid. my point is that the poster trying to say YNT call ups = better development is talking nonsense.

Comment

if you start with better players, then why si that relevant? if you have better "connections" with certain schools what does that have to do with development either. Bottom line, why do you care ? If you are happy why bother with what others people do ?

Comment

Let’s not get carried away. He wouldn’t stay in his position long if he was recommending players from those clubs. Lol. Look, connections help in any profession, but at the end of the day, if the player isn’t good enough, it won’t make a difference. And clubs do develop players. Players can help themselves by working on their game, but to not understand the important role of the club is to put your head in the sand or show complete ignorance.
                    nope. to overstate the role of the Club is simply a reflection of the marketing job they have done. Convincing you that they "earn" their money. As the other poster says, clubs organize , provide facilities and uniforms and hire coaches. Coaches can move and take expertise with them. Leagues organize Clubs and set rules.

So many arguments seem to imply that standards across leagues are uniform and coaching across clubs consistent.

Im with the other guy. players do the work, guided by coaches.

Comment

Who says that women's/girls are trying to or care to compete with boys? Your point and post are worthless! But thank you for being a complete *****!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X