Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your perception of how it may work for you is not how it works for everyone.
    Same advice would serve you well also NYCFC dad. Not all experiences are the same. The training your kid is getting and the quality of your D's teammates isn't nearly the same as at other GDA clubs, certainly not at OW. Depending on your location GDA may not be your best quality option.

Comment

Im not at OW. at NYCFC. I dont care about "playing garbage teams" that has not changed from ECNL days and wont. Overall, the game quality is to a large degree the same. If you care, then leave a stacked team to try and make a garbage team less garbage? Funny, very few parents resist the chance to jump to a team that wins more even if the training is no better . Why ?

How is Stars a quality Club ? the GDA results are awful. Ont the field and in training they are a mess. What happens locally has far less impact that you seem to think. the training 4x per in a really good environment is worth so much more than the occasional blow out.

College coaches take players seriously. In fact i see many of them at training. Your perception of how it may work for you is not how it works for everyone.
      This person gets it. From a personal connection to a top women's college coach, who goes around the country, and world to recruit women to his school. He looks at the complete package.

First, is the girl in general a good person, he looks at how they warm-up, to their reactions/interactions before, during and, after games. If the girls parents go up to the girl and the girl blows off the parents, coaches, teammates, its a turn off for him, and doesn't care if she is a great player.

From there on out it goes to grades, and lastly can they play. They are students first, if not able to perform in the classroom then forget about the field.

Lastly is how they play, repeatedly will go back to the same club if they've consistently put out top players, regardless of their actual standings. While the coach does say ECNL is the top to recruit from, he will travel anywhere to watch a girl train or play in a game if she's good enough and recommended, and doesn't care if she's a state league player, GDA, NPL..etc. He does his due diligence, soccer community is pretty small when you keep getting higher and higher.

Comment

Ah, no. Can she play is first. There's lots of nice people out there. Not all of them can play soccer well or will help a coach win and keep his job. The rest of it falls into place after they pass that first hurdle. Grades, dik parents and the rest help them whittle down their list to their final offers.

Comment

Ah, no. Can she play is first. There's lots of nice people out there. Not all of them can play soccer well or will help a coach win and keep his job. The rest of it falls into place after they pass that first hurdle. Grades, dik parents and the rest help them whittle down their list to their final offers.
          You don't have to believe me, I'm not going to argue with what you think or know, maybe your experience is different, but that's what i've been told from my friend who coaches at top d1 school, I'm sure there are always exceptions to the rule.

There is not one set of right answers, which everybody wants to argue on these boards. All of these clubs have relationships with coaches at the higher level. If you're good enough and want to play at the highest level they will/should help you. If not, then you're at the wrong club, as anybody at these clubs should want to get their players to where they want to go. All day long people arguing on the same threads over which club is better, blah blah blah. Just because you might not have as many wins, or wear a certain badge doesn't mean you can't enjoy where you are. So much arrogance for really no reason.

Comment

CFC did lose at 15 last year, but finished ahead of them in the league and finished higher than every other team in the conference after the national tournament. Tied Michigan Hawks last year, so your argument fails there. At 17, it is a completely different team due to the age change. There were kids not on that team last year that are this year. At U16, CFC made the CL as well and actually finished higher than they currently are this year. Penn Fusion, on the other hand, lost players to Bucks, Match Fit and even PDA ECNL who wanted to play HS. Breakers as well to Stars and Scorpions. Yes, PDA took a step back, but they are the only club. Stars having a good year again as most of their kids stayed.

Good for OW for only losing 3-0 in an age group. If that’s where you want to hang your hat, go for it. But their overall season has been poor. Far worse than CFC against weaker competition this year. Andfar worse than CFC last year as well. Congrats on your rise to mediocrity.
            How do you know Penn Fusion lost players to these teams? I suspect BS

Comment

How do you know Penn Fusion lost players to these teams? I suspect BS
              Of course they did, PA is just like CT. Most kids don't want to give up high school sports.

Part of the reason Bucks struggles is that they have to compete for talent with Penn Fusion and even PDA. Bucks crawled out of the basement at a few age groups this year and that was definitely due to some new players

Comment

Of course they did, PA is just like CT. Most kids don't want to give up high school sports.

Part of the reason Bucks struggles is that they have to compete for talent with Penn Fusion and even PDA. Bucks crawled out of the basement at a few age groups this year and that was definitely due to some new players

Lol so you don't really know.In fact Penn Fusion lost no players to Bucks, or any to any other club. The reason Bucks crawled out of the basement was because the floor was lowered to meet them.

GDA is diluted and ECNL is diluted. The highest level teams in the GDA however are much better than the highest level teams in the ECNL. Next year probably will not the case. This year definitely the case. The top GDA teams were all former ECNL teams and none of them lost players to ECNL that would make an impact on the level. Some players may have chosen ECNL because of increased play time combined with high school but no impact players left for ECNL save FC stars.

Comment

Same advice would serve you well also NYCFC dad. Not all experiences are the same. The training your kid is getting and the quality of your D's teammates isn't nearly the same as at other GDA clubs, certainly not at OW. Depending on your location GDA may not be your best quality option.
                  Im well aware which is why i telling you that all experiences are not the same. Im putting a NAME on the club my kids plays for. Im not talking GDA or ECNL. Guess what, in the ECNL it was good as well becasue good is all about the coaches. So if you want to talk, talk about YOUR Club. why waste energy on OW? Unless your kid is there, why do you worry about what choices those parents have made? If she is there and you dont like it. leave. If you have no alternative, tehn make the best of it.

Comment

Lol so you don't really know.In fact Penn Fusion lost no players to Bucks, or any to any other club. The reason Bucks crawled out of the basement was because the floor was lowered to meet them.

GDA is diluted and ECNL is diluted. The highest level teams in the GDA however are much better than the highest level teams in the ECNL. Next year probably will not the case. This year definitely the case. The top GDA teams were all former ECNL teams and none of them lost players to ECNL that would make an impact on the level. Some players may have chosen ECNL because of increased play time combined with high school but no impact players left for ECNL save FC stars.
                    Maybe at U18. At U16 and U17, the best team and teams are in the ECNL. At U14, all the PDA kids stayed putas did the other club players. I think U15 and U18 might have been stronger at the top in the GDA this year. U14, U16 and U17 in the ECNL. Top to bottom I’d say ECNL was stronger. HUGE drop off in the GDA this year. Next year, the GDA will be awful. Penn Fusion trying to leave GDA to return to the ECNL. Looks like they might be on the outside looking in.

Comment

Maybe at U18. At U16 and U17, the best team and teams are in the ECNL. At U14, all the PDA kids stayed putas did the other club players. I think U15 and U18 might have been stronger at the top in the GDA this year. U14, U16 and U17 in the ECNL. Top to bottom I’d say ECNL was stronger. HUGE drop off in the GDA this year. Next year, the GDA will be awful. Penn Fusion trying to leave GDA to return to the ECNL. Looks like they might be on the outside looking in.
                      Why is any of this relevant? maybe a marginal player gets a look by association, but is that what we are talking about? I thought all this $$ was being spent by parents so their kids were good enough to stand on their own two feet.

Like I said earlier, if you kid is an elite player, why go and join a team that laready wins without you? Why not grind with your team to try and beat them? Why not show College coaches how good you are by dragging up the level of your team?

becasue i parents think winning adds value. it really doesnt.

Comment

Granted the NE is an aberration because Stars best kids didn't all go DA. But two of the best teams at 15/16 last year PDA and Penn fusion are not in ecnl anymore...well the PDA B teams are and are not performing very well. SO two of the 4 best inarguably went DA. That is competitive dilution any way you look at it. LI is a cluster. WC/NYCFC put all their best kids in DA.

The Midatlantic saw Bethesda drop down in power as some of their players went to Washington Spirit. FC Virginia was always strong. The midatlantic DA is very weak.

The south midwest southwest were gutted by the DA. Only the Pacific northwest was significantly diluted. The best teams in the region however Crossfire premier is DA.

SO in all the DA has the vast majority of the top teams this year.

Next year may very well be a different story. In all the dilution is going to hurt several demographics.

The very top sub 1% of players will have diminished developmental opportunities although I think these players will seek out training with boys etc to augment their experiences.

The college coaches who will have to spend more money and time scouting more events.

It will help:
                        Good players who will have twice the opportunity to play in the "best" league, thereby fostering the delision that they are in fact elite players.
                        Their family and their bragging rights
                        Blog owners
                        The clubs that can convince twice as many parents to pay for an "elite" experience.

Comment

Who cares? This is is all f'd up and highly variable. It's all changing again for next year. Some clubs are out; some players are out. If those choosing to join GDA aren't as good as those leaving then next year will see another downsizing.

Comment

Granted the NE is an aberration because Stars best kids didn't all go DA. But two of the best teams at 15/16 last year PDA and Penn fusion are not in ecnl anymore...well the PDA B teams are and are not performing very well. SO two of the 4 best inarguably went DA. That is competitive dilution any way you look at it. LI is a cluster. WC/NYCFC put all their best kids in DA.

The Midatlantic saw Bethesda drop down in power as some of their players went to Washington Spirit. FC Virginia was always strong. The midatlantic DA is very weak.

The south midwest southwest were gutted by the DA. Only the Pacific northwest was significantly diluted. The best teams in the region however Crossfire premier is DA.

Next year may very well be a different story. In all the dilution is going to hurt several demographics.

The very top sub 1% of players will have diminished developmental opportunities although I think these players will seek out training with boys etc to augment their experiences.

The college coaches who will have to spend more money and time scouting more events.

It will help:
                            Good players who will have twice the opportunity to play in the "best" league, thereby fostering the delision that they are in fact elite players.
                            Blog owners
                            The clubs that can convince twice as many parents to pay for an "elite" experience.
                            A couple of minor quibbles. PDA took a step back and Penn Fusion is gone from the NE, but Bethesda and MD United were added. The conference is still strong. Texas Conference dropped off in the ECNL for sure, but the Big Dawg in CA is Blues and their best players stayed ECNL in no small part I’m sure bc their main coaches coach—wait for it—high school. Overall, the ECNL was weaker this year, and the GDA has a few very good teams, but the majority were awful. Look at the results. Such disparity.

Next year, with nearly every big club doing ECNL only, the GDA will be finished. Already no depth and now takes away the top clubs. If Slammers and a couple of others leave as well, stick a fork in the league, the thermometer is done and the turkey is done. No amount of spin can save that league if it happens.

Comment

A couple of minor quibbles. PDA took a step back and Penn Fusion is gone from the NE, but Bethesda and MD United were added. The conference is still strong. Texas Conference dropped off in the ECNL for sure, but the Big Dawg in CA is Blues and their best players stayed ECNL in no small part I’m sure bc their main coaches coach—wait for it—high school. Overall, the ECNL was weaker this year, and the GDA has a few very good teams, but the majority were awful. Look at the results. Such disparity.

Next year, with nearly every big club doing ECNL only, the GDA will be finished. Already no depth and now takes away the top clubs. If Slammers and a couple of others leave as well, stick a fork in the league, the thermometer is done and the turkey is done. No amount of spin can save that league if it happens.
                              And tell us dick breath, how does that benefit your family? Unless you are one of those old high school soccer coaches that love community perks??

Comment

It will help:
                                Blog owners
                                NYCFC did not take all WCFC best players. U-17 WC player is ECNL and the 16/17 and 18./19 teams both had several players who were near the top of the roster also choose HS and the ECNL.

As far as you it will help piece - my only take away would be its been a masterful job by clubs and a supreme show of ignorance and or blindness if parents dont know what an elite player looks like and whether their kid is one .

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X