Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda

Here's a fellow who seems to get it. We probably should have put this guy in office at the USSF.

https://www.socceramerica.com/public...flaws-the.html

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here's a fellow who seems to get it. We probably should have put this guy in office at the USSF.

https://www.socceramerica.com/public...flaws-the.html
    Thank God this moron wasn’t elected.

Comment

I don't know. Seemed like he understands how we got here and what our priorities should be.

So why don't you explain your reasoning here. Or are you just a troll?

Comment

I don't know. Seemed like he understands how we got here and what our priorities should be.

So why don't you explain your reasoning here. Or are you just a troll?
        just a troll, just a troll

Comment

It's easy to say that clubs should have scholarships. Where does that money come from? Thin air? a Money tree? The players on the team who don't get the scholarship pay more?

It's easy to say pay-to-play is wrong, but then how does a club afford million-dollar fields, indoor facilities, coaches, and such?

It's easy to say DA should let players decide to play high school or not, but then where do the players come from for the DA team if there's a game conflict? What about playing time for missing practices? How is the absence of players for high school managed so that it is fair to those players who choose to focus on the club, instead?

It's easy to point out problems with the youth system, but we don't need anyone to point those out at this point. We know the problems. We need solutions that actually can be implemented and that will work.

In this regard, Steve Gans is really just stating the obvious, stating the problems we already know, and not pointing out any way to resolve them. Youth soccer doesn't need posers like that.

Comment

How about less useless expensive travel for starters?

Comment

You won't get FSA, CFC, and OW playing locally, because then parents would more easily be able to tell how mediocre the training of these teams is.

But, yes, there is competition in New England for FSA, OW, and CFC such that they don't need to go further for league games.

That said, what do you do in bigger, less populated areas?

Comment

You won't get FSA, CFC, and OW playing locally, because then parents would more easily be able to tell how mediocre the training of these teams is.

But, yes, there is competition in New England for FSA, OW, and CFC such that they don't need to go further for league games.

Arrange teams by ability over age and gender to create competitive environment.

Comment

but I love putting my OW daughter on a bus to Rochester for the weekend. Free weekend for us. The travel part is the only reason we are at ow. My husband and I let it rip when she is gone

Comment

but I love putting my OW daughter on a bus to Rochester for the weekend. Free weekend for us. The travel part is the only reason we are at ow. My husband and I let it rip when she is gone
                    Does the bus go for the whole weekend? Am assuming you pay the driver's food, lodging, and time? What does that cost you? Or, does OW include it in your tuition?

Comment

Ok fine for you, but the issue being discussed was reducing costs

Comment

We don't have it nearly as bad in NE as some other areas. But there's too many leagues that supposedly the best, so there's a place for all the clusb to play and divvy up the talent

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X