Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thank you. That's where I was confused. If we needed to go to Epping. I wonder how that works for the girls already playing. We live near Concord. There must be girls at the local team that they think could go NPL. Wondering if those girls are told to go to Epping to try out or are just offered a spot. Doesn't apply to me but thinking ahead if we do a year up here first. Just thinking out loud, not expecting all the answers. Thanks for your help that you have given.
    I would anticipate they would need to go to Epping and try out. They would need to see them in a higher environment so they can see if they can handle it. Some kids will look better once they play in a higher team; some look worse.

Comment

SU NPL is out of Epping only and you have to be playing out of that location to get a look. Frankly if you aren’t out of that location you aren’t playing at a high level/pace and so even if you are a stud on a satellite team it won’t correlate to the higher level. Coaches have to see the player in the higher level environment.
      If your daughter is very good then go to all the tryouts in June and see what her options are - Bedford, Derryfield and Epping.
      The most competitive would be Stars in Lancaster.

Comment

Tryout details are out...

Comment

Tryout details are out...
          Good luck trying to come in from the outside, OP. Heard the selection process is underway and girls on existing teams are already being left out. Really great when your 10 year old finds out at practice that her teammates are in the running and she's not.

Comment

Good luck trying to come in from the outside, OP. Heard the selection process is underway and girls on existing teams are already being left out. Really great when your 10 year old finds out at practice that her teammates are in the running and she's not.
            This is not unusual, and it isn't final by tryouts. All clubs we've ever been associated with reach out to higher players to lock them up ahead of time. This way, they can be sure they stay, but also so they can then see what/how many they need when tryouts hit.

It's on the onus of the parents to get their kids to keep quiet about it for this reason.

But, again, not unusual and doesn't mean you have no chance. I know of no reason why a club wouldn't take a deserving player; makes no sense to do so.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X