Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not sure what camps your kid has been to, but it is not on the player. We have never paid a dime for anything.
    That's what I thought! I think other poster may be confusing actual camp invites with the training center ID type events.

Comment

Gda is the same country club. Both these league pursue the identical high dollar customers. Way too expensive, way too much travel. The travel does not improve the soccer and it wastes the players time and money and excludes most at the outset. Too bad either exist. The players would be better off without either.
      Both have their strengths and weaknesses, but in comparing it to ODP, well, there is no comparing it any longer. Nationally we did better when ODP was much stronger. We should go back to a new and improved version rather than funneling players essentially through only ONE league now. DA and using DA to pick our top players will not improve US soccer. The country club atmosphere of much of youth soccer in general is also contributing to declines in participation. Not exactly how to create a soccer culture is it?

Comment

Both have their strengths and weaknesses, but in comparing it to ODP, well, there is no comparing it any longer. Nationally we did better when ODP was much stronger. We should go back to a new and improved version rather than funneling players essentially through only ONE league now. DA and using DA to pick our top players will not improve US soccer. The country club atmosphere of much of youth soccer in general is also contributing to declines in participation. Not exactly how to create a soccer culture is it?
        Atmosphere out in youth soccer land is terrible. Everything is a fight. This league rots. That league stinks. High school sucks. Even the leadership on the top is in on it and instead of supporting the sport and its youth players generally - only promotes their own country club.

Good thing soccer is such a great sport or everyone would say, just forget it.

Comment

It amazes me people can’t comprehend modern English or they lie to spare their ego. Transportation to the camp is on the player. So when they “go” to camp the USSF does not cover them.
          Dude,really?
          Been there done that.
          Wait, what? If you going to be snippy, please make sure your information is correct. There is no cost to any player called into a camp. They get a scheduled flight, transportation, lodging and training gear all supplied. When did your kid go to camp?

Comment

That's what I thought! I think other poster may be confusing actual camp invites with the training center ID type events.
            Clubs and parents create a buzz around all these events that make it confusing. A youth national team camp is its own animal .

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club...t-hub_aid47600

Think how ludicrous it would be for a NY player to have to pay their way to California for camp relative to a local player?

I can assure you that not the case. its all free. Travel, clothing, goody bags, cleats, sneakers etc. courtesy of Nike.

Comment

Clubs and parents create a buzz around all these events that make it confusing. A youth national team camp is its own animal .

Think how ludicrous it would be for a NY player to have to pay their way to California for camp relative to a local player?

I can assure you that not the case. its all free. Travel, clothing, goody bags, cleats, sneakers etc. courtesy of Nike.
              That's good Nike but i wish they could also make cleats that would not fall apart.

Comment

I don't know, that u17 pool looks pretty strong to me, hope they win!!

Comment

That's good Nike but i wish they could also make cleats that would not fall apart.
                  I also heard that some models have coronavirus, just saying...

Comment

I also heard that some models have coronavirus, just saying...
                    Multiple pairs have failed. Not cheap models and has happneded repeatedly to multiple players on our team.. they need to make stronger cleats, these players play hard.

Comment

Multiple pairs have failed. Not cheap models and has happneded repeatedly to multiple players on our team.. they need to make stronger cleats, these players play hard.
                      switch to Adidas or Puma....

Comment

switch to Adidas or Puma....
                        Already done. comment was just that it is great that nike supports young athletes but could they put something into improving the actual products as well.

Comment

Already done. comment was just that it is great that nike supports young athletes but could they put something into improving the actual products as well.
                          short answer is no, long answer is maybe.

Comment

as cleats have gotten lighter and lighter, durability has suffered. Especially at certain price points. Light, strong materials are very expensive. No way around it. Make the YNTs or play in College and that problem goes away ;)

Comment

as cleats have gotten lighter and lighter, durability has suffered. Especially at certain price points. Light, strong materials are very expensive. No way around it. Make the YNTs or play in College and that problem goes away ;)
                              Oh brother. so sorry we took even a few posts to digress about mere mortals with failing cleats instead of exclusively raving about your little superstar. get back to it.

Comment

Look at this line-up, monsters, all of them....

GK
                                Nadia Cooper
                                Haley Craig
                                Azul Alvarez
                                Neeku Purcell

D
                                Allyson Brown
                                Baleigh Bruster
                                Andrea Kitahata
                                Aidan McConnell
                                Madeline Mooney
                                Ayooluwapo Oke
                                Shae O'Malley
                                Lilly Reale
                                Kolo Suliafu

M
                                Tatiana Fung
                                Annie Karich
                                Devin *****
                                Alexis Missimo
                                Olivia Moultrie
                                Bella Sember
                                Jaedyn Shaw
                                Jilly Shimkin

F
                                Trinity Byars
                                Drew Coomans
                                Simone Jackson
                                Karlie Lema
                                Allyson Sentnor
                                Alyssa Thompson
                                Amelia White

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X