Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeah who cares? It’s not like they are getting a good education. Besides everyone knows all the good Ivy League players turn pro after Freshman year and make millions.
    Cornell is a great education. But it has not had a successful soccer program in quite some time. Any thoughts? Location?

Comment

I thought his team was improved this year. Did they cite why they let him go?
      Improved? Didn't they finish last in league for the upteenth time? I am not looking it up only because that has been their spot for years.

Comment

Improved? Didn't they finish last in league for the upteenth time? I am not looking it up only because that has been their spot for years.
        They were 1-13-1 last year, 4-10-1 this year. Still 0-7 in the league, but only blown out once.

Comment

They were 1-13-1 last year, 4-10-1 this year. Still 0-7 in the league, but only blown out once.
          Yes but it is the league that matters especially in the Ivy League. Those AD's love to brag and please the alumnae/donors. It is high school rivalry on steroids.

Comment

Soccer

Yes but it is the league that matters especially in the Ivy League. Those AD's love to brag and please the alumnae/donors. It is high school rivalry on steroids.
            You are correct ! Well stated.

Comment

I'm guessing Cornell should be able to attract an above average D3 HC from a similar type of middle-of-nowhere nerd school, or a current Ivy assistant.
              While they were winless in the Ivy (again) I think the games were more competitive this yaar, maybe there is hope.
              Maybe the league will be enough of a draw to find a real upgrade. What's living in Ithica like? Can't be worse town than where many D3 schools are located.

Comment

I'm guessing Cornell should be able to attract an above average D3 HC from a similar type of middle-of-nowhere nerd school, or a current Ivy assistant.
                While they were winless in the Ivy (again) I think the games were more competitive this yaar, maybe there is hope.
                Maybe the league will be enough of a draw to find a real upgrade. What's living in Ithica like? Can't be worse town than where many D3 schools are located.
                Ithaca is a great college town, but man the winters are bleak up there.

Comment

Ithaca is a great college town, but man the winters are bleak up there.
                  Ithaca is gorges.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                    ithaca is gorges.
                    ❤️❤️❤️

Comment

Ithaca is gorges.
                      And, its a great place to cop some meth....!

Comment

Barton Hall is a place of historical significance.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what coaches think they can turn Cornell around. Going to be a tall order and takes several years

Comment

It will be interesting to see what coaches think they can turn Cornell around. Going to be a tall order and takes several years
                            Make marginal improvements and you're a hero. It's a low bar to jump over.

Comment

Cornell needs someone with great recruiting skills. They need an influx of talent and soon

Comment

Cornell needs someone with great recruiting skills. They need an influx of talent and soon
                                They haven't even bothered taking previous coach's profile down from team website... that athletic department is probably all hockey, all the time... I'm betting they announce elevating the current assistant(s) the day after Penn makes their announcement.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X