Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I do agree that GA girls don’t seem to go the odp route as much as Florida girls. But there are reasons. There are many more Florida club’s than GA clubs. Thus the talent is more spread out in Florida. When Florida’s good teams meet a top GA team, they can’t compete because they don’t have the depth GA teams do. Thus top GA teams get looked at by college coaches more than Florida teams because they compete nationally whereas most top Florida teams are just average when compared to other states (or below avg). Now ODP kinda fixes that issue for Florida girls by consolidating talent and when the ODP teams meet, FL can compete as the Florida ODP teams have the necessary depth. Florida has a lot of talent, it is just spread out a lot more. That’s why I think you see more Florida girls do ODP than other states - they need more exposure as their club teams usually aren’t at the top of the ecnl or usys divisional or regional standings. It does help the Florida girls resume a bit because they need the extra push vs a starter on a Concorde Fire top 10 US ecnl team as an example. ODP is not perfect but it helps in some cases I do believe.

Wow! Very intelligent post. Don’t see many of these on here.

Comment

Still pay-to-Play...... all those kids are only $$$ to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        After about U14 ODP is pretty much a waste . How is it that Florida almost takes up 15 of the roster spots while Georgia has maybe 2-3 girls when GA pretty much dominates Florida every year in ECNL ... it will look good to place on the college bio that’s about it
        Yes Florida has the most. This is due to Baker taking all his team pets. Same ones every year

Comment

Wow! Things haven’t changed with ODP.

it’s still whose Daddy has more $ makes the team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X