Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is league progression supposed to be?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    For many community soccer clubs, coaches are paid by the hour, so it is not necessarily up to the coach to decide how often they practice.
    My town club has a paid trainer who runs 2 practices/week. The unpaid coach who has a child on the team runs 1-2 practices/week as well for a total of 3-4 /week.

Comment

What is league progression supposed to be?

My town club has a paid trainer who runs 2 practices/week. The unpaid coach who has a child on the team runs 1-2 practices/week as well for a total of 3-4 /week.
      theres a big difference between a trainer and a coach...Sometimes they are the same person.
      If it is the same person. A great coach will know when he needs to be a "coach" and when he needs to be a "trainer".

Comment

I guess i was coaching for the wrong "community soccer club" i was never paid, I coached because I loved my kids.
        In our community soccer club, included in the tuition for each team was a "professional" coach who would run 1 training session per week during the season and attend 10 games. The parent "coach" was more the team manager who also "coached" the games that the pro coach couldn't attend. Most of the parent coaches knew nearly nothing about coaching or soccer, so while they could hold more training sessions during the week, the quality of the sessions would probably be awful. If families of a particular team wanted to pay more for the pro coach to do more, they could arrange that directly with the coach.

Comment

what does the club have to do with it? Its the coaches responsibility to schedule practices/training. If the coach wants to train 5-6 days week, he gets it done.

If the coach only wants to do 2-3 days of training...thats what it is....

The question is.....WHAT DOES YOUR BRAT KID REALLY WANT? question is strictly rhetorical for you.
          Also for our community club, field availability for training is really limited, especially in the winter and spring when other sports get priority.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X