Repealing Birth Year Mandate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In some places a soccer pro path could be a better opportunity then a kid could otherwise have. But here? For a hard-working educated kid, they have many opportunities to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Unless i am missing something, repealing the birth year mandate and going back to what we had prior, wouldn't that just mean that any player the had to move up can now, if they so choose, can go back to the team age group they were on, OR if they choose play up and stay on their current team. Don't think going back to the old way would be as hard or cause as many problems as it dis when it was switched to birth year
      Having the choice would actually cause more chaos. The teams that were before the first change are long gone. With the first change kids new whether or not they were aging up or not. If it was reversed and some kids try and decide to stay up or revert would cause significant disruption.

Comment

You are spot on. I have 3 MLS clubs trying to get me to commit my son to a “pro path” with them.
        NO WAY IN HELL!

He has one childhood. He will go to college and get a degree. He needs a career opportunity outside of soccer that only a higher education will afford him.

If he wants to try and make a go of playing professionally after college, I will support that for a couple of years to see how it goes. When that does not work out, he has a degree, and can start a career.
        He likely can’t seek a pro career after college. College soccer will not prepare him for a pro career. He can always go to college he can’t always decide to go pro.

Comment

He likely can’t seek a pro career after college. College soccer will not prepare him for a pro career. He can always go to college he can’t always decide to go pro.
          Oh bravo. Postpone college to pursue a "pro" soccer career because of advice on an anonymous chat forum. Go away.

Comment

Having the choice would actually cause more chaos. The teams that were before the first change are long gone. With the first change kids new whether or not they were aging up or not. If it was reversed and some kids try and decide to stay up or revert would cause significant disruption.

Dont think kids that are currently playing will move down. They would keep playing with their current teammates. But that said, then easy fix is too implement rule in club that all current teams will stay as is (all current players on the team will either be playing up or in current year) and new teams will be new age rule.

Comment

I’m sure they kicked it real good n far in that game.
              If you were there you would know. But obviously YOUR kid was not playing and mine was. Mine has a D1 roster spot. Yours has you.
              Good luck with everything.
              You’ll need it.
              I don’t
              Buh bye

Comment

It would be up to club, not kid to play up.

Comment

Dont think kids that are currently playing will move down. They would keep playing with their current teammates. But that said, then easy fix is too implement rule in club that all current teams will stay as is (all current players on the team will either be playing up or in current year) and new teams will be new age rule.
                  In most states kids that are able will go down so they cal play with their grad year peers

Comment

Depending on position

Keepers and CB’s can play post college. Those are trust positions where maturity matters to a coach.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X