Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agreed. So, let's all agree to ignore anything this poster says. I like the thread, let's keep it going.
    Agreed. How many matches do your kids have?

I'm at 10, and that's without finals should they make it.

Amount of iced coffees from Dunks I will consume this weekend - 5 minimum
    Amount of oranges I'll cut up for my three teams - TBD

Comment

Agreed. How many matches do your kids have?

I'm at 10, and that's without finals should they make it.

Amount of iced coffees from Dunks I will consume this weekend - 5 minimum
      Amount of oranges I'll cut up for my three teams - TBD
      I'm at 9 right now and hopefully more on Monday if they do well. First game tonight. Can't wait

Comment

I'm at 9 right now and hopefully more on Monday if they do well. First game tonight. Can't wait
        Good luck!

Comment

Good luck!
          Good luck to you as well

Comment

I have 6 on the docket, but can only see 4 due to time conflicts. That's a typical weekend around here. Here's hoping there are games on Monday too! Good luck to everyone...

Comment

Just wanted to wish everyone good luck this weekend as they participate in Memorial Day Tournaments all over the place. Try to laugh it off when:
              - You hear 'soccer dad' scream "Boot It!" or "Nice ball" (when it's a giveaway)
              - The ref makes an offside call so bad, you're wondering if Stevie Wonder is out there
              - The "my daughter doesn't foul" mom cries every time the ref blows the whistle on her daughter for throwing elbows because she has no soccer skill
              - You see a rabid pack of parents hoooting and cheering loudly when their team scores but it's off of a poor goalkeeper play
              - That same group of parents is screaming loudly at goal #14 for their team when your team has only scored 1 (World Cup parents)
              - Your coach runs from one match to another and can barely remember what field s/he is on or what team s/he is coaching

Bottom line -- it's just a game. The weather is looking great, so enjoy! It's better than being at work!
              Wish I saw this post before the weekend. Weather was great. "Those" parents stunk.

Comment

Wish I saw this post before the weekend. Weather was great. "Those" parents stunk.
                Spot on. Great tournament in spite of frequent reminders of 'you know you're watching kids play a game where adults are paying money when' moments.

Comment

If you play on a U14 team or older and your coach tells you we are going to something other than:
                  PDA (girls only)
                  Potomac
                  Needham
                  Oakwood

then you should be playing for someone else

Comment

If you play on a U14 team or older and your coach tells you we are going to something other than:
                    PDA (girls only)
                    Potomac
                    Needham
                    Oakwood

Or think more about why you're writing a check to play soccer.

Comment

PDA (girls only)
                      Potomac
                      Needham
                      Oakwood

Top two tourneys,, yes. Needham - fine for a certain level. OW no way - run away

Comment

Top two tourneys,, yes. Needham - fine for a certain level. OW no way - run away
                        Yeah...runaway...you'll loose

Comment

Yeah...runaway...you'll loose
                          "Loose", as in "not tight"? Man, you retards are confusing!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X