Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I would say top 6. Might be undervaluing her because she does not play the same position as players I think are better. She starts and plays entire game at center back.
    CB is a very valued position and skill set. I would take the offer AND setup appointments with other coaches ASAP. The biggest lie in club soccer is that decisions are made at tryouts. Everything is a done deal before tryouts even happen. Get the coaches to see her by early next week!!! Don't worry about missing practice on her current team or your coach hearing about it.

Comment

I am confused. I can take the offer and still go to another training and tryout. What happens if we make the other team. Can I rescind the current teams offer.

Comment

I am confused. I can take the offer and still go to another training and tryout. What happens if we make the other team. Can I rescind the current teams offer.
        You can sign and then walk away, as another stated just don't pay anything as you won't get $ back.

Comment

Good to know. I thought once we signed the contract we were legally obligated to play for that team.

Comment

Good to know. I thought once we signed the contract we were legally obligated to play for that team.
            No. People walk away all the time. But be aware that coaches and clubs will tell you otherwise. Parents need to do what is best for their kids and their wallets, and kids deserve to play where they want to play when given the opportunity.

Comment

You are legally obligated. You've signed a contract.

Comment

No. People walk away all the time. But be aware that coaches and clubs will tell you otherwise. Parents need to do what is best for their kids and their wallets, and kids deserve to play where they want to play when given the opportunity.
                Its no coincidence that all of the clubs have tryouts the same times for a particular age group. They also want you to attend every tryout (for the top teams) Above all this is a business and a shady one at that. Have your ducks in a row prior to tryouts but beware if certain coaches get wind of your kid showing up at another teams practice, there will be questions...

Comment

A contract, for kids' soccer. Part of Stars' Club I presume? Sign the contract when you've made a decision you are comfortable in making. Don't let yourself get pressured by the coach. Remember, they are salespeople disguised as coaches. They will tell you what you want to hear to get your money.

Comment

The contract is only valid for the team/club. That means they cant cut you until the next year.

Players can leave a club at any time and join a new club. They just need to file the paperwork. The "leaving" club cannot stop a player from leaving

Comment

Clubs never pursue that angle. They look like azz holes if they do. They know some people will jump ship whether it's before or after tryouts. It's the reality of youth sports. They try to scare parents so they can lock as much of the team in as early as possible. Normal operation is to give all offers at tryouts, even for current players, with 24 hours to make a decision.

I agree with others - sign so you have something locked in. Try to get to practices at the other place as quickly as possible. Watch the coach (you won't get a good sense of a coach at a tryout). Observe where your D fits in relative to the others. If she's going to be #15-18 (which means lots of bench time) you might want to keep her where she is.

Comment

A contract, for kids' soccer. Part of Stars' Club I presume? Sign the contract when you've made a decision you are comfortable in making. Don't let yourself get pressured by the coach. Remember, they are salespeople disguised as coaches. They will tell you what you want to hear to get your money.
                        Yet another poster with an ax to grind. My kids have played for several clubs over the years; each has had a contract.

Comment

Yet another poster with an ax to grind. My kids have played for several clubs over the years; each has had a contract.
                          Why did you sign the contract? What rights or protection did you get?

Comment

Club contracts are intentionally very vague and really don't offer the consumer much protection. Clubs could pursue nonpayment in small claims court. But as another said if word got out they'd come across as complete ***** holes so they don't. I bet most parents don't even read them - our last one basically just said we agree to pay x for so many training sessions a week and 2-3 tournaments. That's it - nothing on the coach (so they can change if they want) nothing on what tournaments (they could end up at lousy ones). No promises to "develop" your kid, which would be tough to prove in court. It really is a leap of faith more than anything else

I be very leary of a club pushing so hard to lock people in. If a club is in demand they would have no problem filling spots, and wouldn't need the hard court press

Comment

Except at Stars they really do have enough players trying out that if you don't give them an answer in the time they need you to, they will move on.

Comment

Club contracts are intentionally very vague and really don't offer the consumer much protection. Clubs could pursue nonpayment in small claims court. But as another said if word got out they'd come across as complete ***** holes so they don't. I bet most parents don't even read them - our last one basically just said we agree to pay x for so many training sessions a week and 2-3 tournaments. That's it - nothing on the coach (so they can change if they want) nothing on what tournaments (they could end up at lousy ones). No promises to "develop" your kid, which would be tough to prove in court. It really is a leap of faith more than anything else

I be very leary of a club pushing so hard to lock people in. If a club is in demand they would have no problem filling spots, and wouldn't need the hard court press
                                Ok..lets be honest here...they wont and cant do jack if you leave. Those "contracts" can be broken easily and good luck at the clubs to try and do something about it. They will not spend the money or time coming after you, and anyone else who says otherwise is full of it. This isn't the same situation as a "real" contract where significant interests are at stake and people will pursue litigation to protect their financial interests...please. But i also agree, don't give them a penny, because you will lose it if you then leave

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X