Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coaches that coach college & club concurrently

I should know better than to post this on T-S because every thread I have ever started here has gone into a downward spiral. Anyway, there are coaches that coach both at the club level and college. Doesn't this present a problem for them in terms of recruiting players from his or her club team? What are the rules about this? If the coach is a t a DIII school I would think that everything would be OK but at DII or DI would this be an issue?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I should know better than to post this on T-S because every thread I have ever started here has gone into a downward spiral. Anyway, there are coaches that coach both at the club level and college. Doesn't this present a problem for them in terms of recruiting players from his or her club team? What are the rules about this? If the coach is a t a DIII school I would think that everything would be OK but at DII or DI would this be an issue?
    Div. 3 coaches have to follow the rules as well as D1 and D2 coaches who also coach club. The MIT coach also coaches with NEFC and he breaks rules often. Commits NCAA violations on a regular basis.

Comment

Div. 3 coaches have to follow the rules as well as D1 and D2 coaches who also coach club. The MIT coach also coaches with NEFC and he breaks rules often. Commits NCAA violations on a regular basis.
      Is that why the MIT women's program has been so successful recently?

I heard that a lot of the MIT players have been going to Medical School or getting good jobs after graduation. Is this part of his rule breaking?

Comment

Only one Mass girl on last year's MIT roster and not a major contributor.

Care to elaborate on the allegations?

Comment

I heard that a lot of the MIT players have been going to Medical School or getting good jobs after graduation. Is this part of his rule breaking?
          HA! Awesome post.

Comment

Sorry your child did not get accepted at MIT. It may have to do with lack of academic prowess as much as lack of soccer talent

Comment

Queens of the vaunted NEWMAC. Very impressive.

Comment

Great marketing piece for clubs. However I can't imagine the coaches have much time for club coaching when they have their regular seasons. I don't know the exact wording/specifics but coaches can't coach a player that lives more than 50 miles away. Probably less of an issue in the close-in NE states.

Comment

Great marketing piece for clubs. However I can't imagine the coaches have much time for club coaching when they have their regular seasons. I don't know the exact wording/specifics but coaches can't coach a player that lives more than 50 miles away. Probably less of an issue in the close-in NE states.
                  NCAA lifted this rule a few years ago in DIII. MIT roster is almost all out of state and he can't recruit anyone who can't get in. There is no rule about a player who played club for coach x not going on to play for that coach in college.

Comment

I believe the applicable rule(s) can be found in Bylaw 13 and they differ slightly by division. Generally though a college coach can be involved with a club, but not in a coaching capacity, of kids who are potential recruits (high school). In my experience you often see coaches coaching teams up to u14, but they won't coach high school kids.

Comment

This rule does not apply to DIII. The rule is that they cannot coach them once they are playing for them at the collegiate level (for example - a player plays for coach x at their college and then plays for the club team they coach as a U19 after their freshmen year).

Comment

your kid probably goes to bunker hill community college and is majoring in basket weaving....very impressive! how's that soccer thing going for her over at bunker hill?

Comment

your kid probably goes to bunker hill community college and is majoring in basket weaving....very impressive! how's that soccer thing going for her over at bunker hill?
                          Hee hee. So predictable. You MIT folks are so sensitive! I know the IVY thing didn't work out but try not to be so transparent.

I also thought you might be a little more creative with your insults. Basket weaving? Lame.

Hope your lil phenom is getting ready for the grind of a tough NEWMAC campaign. Hope she is ready!

Comment

Yes, there are soccer moms THAT friggin' crazy! Thanks for reminding us. At least when your daughter gets injured playing rec soccer she can tell her doctor, "MIT huh. Well I played D1 as sub in front 23 people!" Revenge is sweet no?

Comment

Although NEWMAC is not the UAA or NESCAC, it is pretty decent soccer. Usually 2 or 3 teams make the NCAAs. The top NEWMAC teams hold their own among the other top D3 schools.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X