X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State Cup Rules Question MYSA

State Cup rules question:

2 teams tied in standings. Team A beat Team B. Goal Differential is the same for both teams. Goals For is more for Team A than Team B. Goals Against is lower for Team B than Team A.

The team that advanced (Team B) had lower goals against, and lower goals for.

Can someone point to the State Cup rules that state lower goals against is the tie breaker? Why wouldn't they use head to head or Goals For?

I have looked everywhere on the MYSA website and have not found it anywhere.

Call me a whiner or whatever, I just want to find it in the rules.

Usually:

Head to head.
    Least losses
    GD
    GA
    Playoff game

Comment

You must be referring to G15.

Answer IS in the rules (to which managers/coaches are privy):

Two Way Tie within a Group
      1. Head to head result
      2. Goal differential; to a maximum of four (4) per game
      3. Fewest cumulative goals allowed
      4. FIFA kicks from the penalty mark

Three (or Four) Way Tie within a Group

In the event of a three or four way tie within a group, or for wild card consideration, head to head results will not be considered. Each tie breaking rule (#2-4 above) will be applied in order until all ties are broken or teams reach penalty kicks:

Comment

Originally posted by ForzaAzzurri View Post
        You must be referring to G15.

Answer IS in the rules (to which managers/coaches are privy):

Two Way Tie within a Group
        1. Head to head result
        2. Goal differential; to a maximum of four (4) per game
        3. Fewest cumulative goals allowed
        4. FIFA kicks from the penalty mark

Three (or Four) Way Tie within a Group

In the event of a three or four way tie within a group, or for wild card consideration, head to head results will not be considered. Each tie breaking rule (#2-4 above) will be applied in order until all ties are broken or teams reach penalty kicks:
        Thank you. Very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Thank you. Very helpful.
          Why aren't these rules posted on the website?

Comment

The rules are posted - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...mB3lrfc8HI/pub

I hope all of the coaches know this one!

PLAYER REGISTRATION
            Cup-tied
            - A player may play for only ONE team throughout the 2015 State Cup competition, therefore may not dual roster.
            - Players become Cup-Tied at the April 1st Roster Deadline.
            - Cup-Tied players are not eligible for transfers within their respective club or be rostered by an another NEP State Cup competing club.

How many offenders will there be???

Comment

The rules are posted - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...mB3lrfc8HI/pub

I hope all of the coaches know this one!

PLAYER REGISTRATION
              Cup-tied
              - A player may play for only ONE team throughout the 2015 State Cup competition, therefore may not dual roster.
              - Players become Cup-Tied at the April 1st Roster Deadline.
              - Cup-Tied players are not eligible for transfers within their respective club or be rostered by an another NEP State Cup competing club.

How many offenders will there be???
              Question was about MYSA state cup. Your document is for NEP Cup.

Comment

Mysa just posted semifinals schedule. How we are suppoused to play there at 10:15pm?
                last time I checked - there is no lights . Daaaaa.

Comment

State Cup rules question:

2 teams tied in standings. Team A beat Team B. Goal Differential is the same for both teams. Goals For is more for Team A than Team B. Goals Against is lower for Team B than Team A.

The team that advanced (Team B) had lower goals against, and lower goals for.

Can someone point to the State Cup rules that state lower goals against is the tie breaker? Why wouldn't they use head to head or Goals For?

I have looked everywhere on the MYSA website and have not found it anywhere.

Call me a whiner or whatever, I just want to find it in the rules.
                  Found this on region 1 website under Region 1 Championships, confusing but that's what winners play next.

http://www.region1.com/Content/direc...rules%20ri.pdf

c. Resolving ties within a sub-group. Competition with 8, 12, or 16 teams This system shall be used to determine the sub-group winner at the end of the round robin, when there is a tie and it is necessary to resolve a tie: (1) Winner of head to head competition (2) Most Wins (3) Goal differential - (Maximum 4 goals/game) Example: 15-0 = 4-0 (+4) 8-1 = 5-1 (+4) 2-4 = 2-4 (-2) (4) Least goals allowed (three (3) game total) (5) FIFA Penalty Kicks (immediately following the round robin games)

I put the link to the rules. Tie breaker two teams head to head is used first when every teams in a group all play every team in the group the same amount of times.
                  If you are referring to U13G bracket #2, Euro United FC would advance. If not give the age + sex .

Comment

MYSA is a piece of crap , our coach told us that we have to play semis at 8AM Saturday morning and Sunday 8AM in the final .

We HATE YOU MYSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you are going out of business soon..Can't wait.

Comment

MYSA is a piece of crap , our coach told us that we have to play semis at 8AM Saturday morning and Sunday 8AM in the final .

Never had an early game before? Someone has to have it. Suck it up or don't have your kid play

Comment

I'll be there at 8am and I love the early game. Great parking and will heading home by around 9:30 to get to the errands done.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X