Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nefc South teams

I was thinking about taking my daughter to NEFC south try outs for the u11 age. A teammate's parent told me today that there was no u10 south team this year. Looking at the website it says the u10 south girls were coached this year by RL. Anybody know the story with u10 South? If there aren't enough girls trying out for u11 South, can my daughter be assigned to the combined South Coast-RI team or would she need to try out for that team instead? I will ask the club what's going on but not sure I will get answers before tryouts. Thanks for any real information and advice.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was thinking about taking my daughter to NEFC south try outs for the u11 age. A teammate's parent told me today that there was no u10 south team this year. Looking at the website it says the u10 south girls were coached this year by RL. Anybody know the story with u10 South? If there aren't enough girls trying out for u11 South, can my daughter be assigned to the combined South Coast-RI team or would she need to try out for that team instead? I will ask the club what's going on but not sure I will get answers before tryouts. Thanks for any real information and advice.
    My honest opinion would be to not tryout. There is no long term option in the south region and their teams are all below average. That is the weakest region for NEFC.

It is unfortunate that this is the case because NEFC does have a good product in their other regions. The South is a sinking ship.

Comment

Is South Coast-RI any better? We live in RI but can walk to the MA border. We're trying to find the best training we can with room to grow.

Comment

Rolo is an incredible coach. I am sure there are many NEFC parents who would love Rolo to coach their child.

Comment

I don't know if he is coaching a u10 south team. I like the forekicks facility but if there is no team at my kid's age we'll keep looking.

Comment

I don't know if he is coaching a u10 south team. I like the forekicks facility but if there is no team at my kid's age we'll keep looking.
            If you like forekicks I am a fan of the stars south group.

Comment

Thanks Bren.

Comment

Problem with stars for us is that NPL and up train in Lancaster. We won't drive over an hour to Lancaster so there is a dead end down the road. NEFC trains close enough to make the drive in a couple years if my kid earns that opportunity.

Comment

Is South Coast-RI any better? We live in RI but can walk to the MA border. We're trying to find the best training we can with room to grow.
                  NEFC Southeast region would be your best option for you. My daughter came to NEFC this year and hasn't been happier. Has never received better training either.

Comment

NEFC Southeast region would be your best option for you. My daughter came to NEFC this year and hasn't been happier. Has never received better training either.
                    Do you happen to know where the Southeast girls teams will practice? And did you feel that your daughter received good footskills training? What was it about the club that made your daughter so happy?

Thank you. All information is helpful.

Comment

Do you happen to know where the Southeast girls teams will practice? And did you feel that your daughter received good footskills training? What was it about the club that made your daughter so happy?

Thank you. All information is helpful.
                      I'm not the OP you were talking to, but the new Southeast Region team is your best option. Their United will be super strong after merger and the second team will still be very strong. They will most like train in a combo of Seekonk and Fall River, and SAQ training is at Taunton Forekicks. The foot skill training is to me, one of the best training my kids have received anywhere.

Comment

There has been some rebuilding in the last year. There has been much progress and the next few years are very promising. We are super happy with the coaching and are in a good place.

Comment

I am a parent of 10's Nefc south and although in u10's they don't keep score, this team is 5-1 and lost one game by a goal. All the girls are developing and we have a tremendous coach. I don't understand the misinformation in this forum. Bring your daughter to tryout wherever you want but this team is pretty strong.

Comment

I am a parent of 10's Nefc south and although in u10's they don't keep score, this team is 5-1 and lost one game by a goal. All the girls are developing and we have a tremendous coach. I don't understand the misinformation in this forum. Bring your daughter to tryout wherever you want but this team is pretty strong.
                            U15 Should be picking up some good players for next season.

Comment

U15 Should be picking up some good players for next season.
                              I know Rolo is coaching 15's next year. Is he coaching south 11's next year?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X