Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODP - What if you don't make the team?

My player is in ODP pool camp now, and we expect to here if the kid made the team or not later this week. If the kid does not make the state ODP team, will they consider having the player back next year to ODP again? Or is the kid done with ODP?

Every year is different

Comment

When are the tryouts for 2015/16?

Comment

Use any funds you would have had to spend on ODP for private or semi-private training. Your player will get much more out of it than ODP

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Use any funds you would have had to spend on ODP for private or semi-private training. Your player will get much more out of it than ODP
          For the 100th time on this site . Please read this very slowly " ODP is an identification program NOT a training program"

Comment

For the 100th time on this site . Please read this very slowly " ODP is an identification program NOT a training program"
            Read this slowly...DONT BE A DOUCH BAG!

Comment

Read this slowly...DONT BE A DOUCH BAG!

First, I have not see that posted 99 times before.
              Second, if ODP were not a 'training' program as well then why have practices at all, and why sit in a classroom during the winter for any amount of time.
              Third, I am pretty sure that there is an 'e' at the end of 'Douche'.

Comment

My player is in ODP pool camp now, and we expect to here if the kid made the team or not later this week. If the kid does not make the state ODP team, will they consider having the player back next year to ODP again? Or is the kid done with ODP?
                Pretty much everyone makes ODP now days, so if your kid is cut, I would find another sport

Comment

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJ, stamp collecting.

Comment

I think this is right. I've only seen that posted 47 times before on this site.

Comment

For what they charge you should be getting something out of the process other than "identification." Do the coaches just stand around all the time watching them scrimmage or do they actually teach them something? What a scam

Comment

Well, 47 times of that, and 52 times "money grab", so there's your 99 right there!

Comment

ODP-What happens if you dont make the camp

Second, if ODP were not a 'training' program as well then why have practices at all, and why sit in a classroom during the winter for any amount of time.
                          Third, I am pretty sure that there is an 'e' at the end of 'Douche'.
                          LOL! thanks for the laugh. And yes, I agree, it's both a training program and an identification program.

Comment

Well, 47 times of that, and 52 times "money grab", so there's your 99 right there!
                            Same as all those "preseason, middle of winter" tournaments...
                            Mass ODP program is a complete farce, along with ECNL, NEP, NPL, MAPLE, MASC, GPS, NEFC, STARS, CIA, BB KING, MATT BUSBY
                            courtesy of John Lennon

Comment

The reality is that the magic ticket for easiest look for top college coaches these days is saying your an academy player and or top tournament dallas cup academy showcase ecnl girls etc. Just means your prescreened.

However there are plenty of other good players not on academy or whatever for sure.

So in that case being on a state team odp or other similar can definitely help get in the right group ( being looked at the most ) at college camps etc - gotta write the coach first with credentials GPA etc.

Our kid isn't academy but with video , state team , known tournament team,good GPA etc and writing to coaches before camp it seems almost always with a group of academy players etc in those camps that divide the groups non random.

From that point on if you can keep up or do better then the others in the group coaches looking at that's all they really care about.

Definitely easiest to be academy recruiting wise but if you have other next level credential and play well in front of the coaches you still got a shot- take a look at the top college rosters will be mostly academy but always a few odp or all state type high school players as well. Just out experience having gone through it hope it helps a little.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X