Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 Boys Fall High School Season

I know it's early, but what is the fall high school season looking like for boys? I know many people are curious to see if strong teams such as Needham and Concord-Carlisle are as strong next season as they were in the previous season. Any thoughts?

I find it hard to believe that such teams like this would be as strong. Pretty sure a lot of seniors are leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I find it hard to believe that such teams like this would be as strong. Pretty sure a lot of seniors are leaving.
      You really have to know each team well, because if it's about next season, it's about who will be returning or arriving, not who has left. Also, it's more about the depth represented by the 10th-15th player than about the top player that we tend to focus on. I recall this time last year, a poster familiar with Needham said that they would be down because their keeper and one of their all-league players had graduated. Sure, those guys were key contributors, but the poster overrated how much better they were than the next kids in the pipeline. Turns out Needham was even better in 2014 than 2013, mostly due to a better attack.

My sense is that Needham is that Needham should be the favorite again, at least in their league. Maybe Framingham could threaten. In E.Mass., you always have to consider New Bedford too. C-C seems likely to be good, but since they play such a weaker schedule, it's hard to put them on the same level as these others, despite their awesome record. Let's hope they have some better non-league tests this fall, and that A-B, L-S and others give them more in-league competition too.

Comment

Needham now needs a Coach but has a lot of strong underclassman

Comment

Cmass St. Johns should be very strong

Comment

Needham lost one of the more dominating players in the state. They will definitely drop off. I'm sure they'll contend but they won't be the runaway freight train they were last year or 3 years ago.

Comment

Needham lost one of the more dominating players in the state. They will definitely drop off. I'm sure they'll contend but they won't be the runaway freight train they were last year or 3 years ago.
              By drop off, do you mean someone will beat them in the regular season, last done in 2013?

Comment

Medfah will be a contendah.

Comment

Needham had a number of strong players that are graduating. However, they have a number of very good players coming up who were varsity players but did not see as much play time. They have also had a strong JV team. What they won't have is experience on the coaching side (unless JS) is the head coach, and the player side. More than 80% of the goals scored were from graduating players. They will have a winning record but I give Framingham the nod in the league.

Comment

By drop off, do you mean someone will beat them in the regular season, last done in 2013?
                    I would certainly expect them to challenge for the Carey division title but I do think they lose multiple games this year.

I don't care all that much about JV records by the way. The kids that make the difference at that level usually play varsity by their sophomore year.

Comment

Cmass St. Johns should be very strong
                      Your smoking funny stuff again ! No GK and no Attack plus lack of qualified coach.
                      GD, Wachusett and Algonquin are the top 3 teams this year in Central Ma.

Comment

Your smoking funny stuff again ! No GK and no Attack plus lack of qualified coach.
                        GD, Wachusett and Algonquin are the top 3 teams this year in Central Ma.
                        Gonk lost the best returning striker / mid fielder.....no depth........Wach is average.... GD will be good, WestB will be in the mix.... you do underestimate STJ...

Comment

Lexington and Winchester have a lot of good players returning. CC had a lot of seniors on the team. Malden will also be rebuilding. Medford has a chance to win that league, but would like to see them play some of their neighbors (Woburn, Winchester) to better see how they rank. Expect BC and Framingham to be strong.

Comment

Needham had a number of strong players that are graduating. However, they have a number of very good players coming up who were varsity players but did not see as much play time. They have also had a strong JV team. What they won't have is experience on the coaching side (unless JS) is the head coach, and the player side. More than 80% of the goals scored were from graduating players. They will have a winning record but I give Framingham the nod in the league.
                            That 80% stat is interesting. Although again, this season depends on the quality of the players who will be there, rather than those who won't. Maybe they will have the kind of "drop-off" they had in 2014, when they were undefeated, albeit with several ties because they weren't as prolific a scoring team. Coaching shouldn't be an issue. If ever an HS team was in position to get a coach at least as qualified as the one retiring, this would be it. The coach's cupbaord will be relatively full, so the new person should have plenty of success right away.

Comment

Medfah will be a contendah.
                              Yeah, Meffah, maybe Framingham and Lexington, and the usual SJP should be tops in the North.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X