Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Give me a break, La Liga has 3 top teams and then a big drop off in talent. Everyone knows that. You're just too enamored with pretty boy to admit it. Portugal, Italy and England is the same. Top three/four money clubs and then crap. Ronaldo's performance in World Cup's are pretty abysmal. You know why? Because the best of the best are out there.
    Hey hold, Eibar and Granada are powerhouses!!

Comment

Hey hold, Eibar and Granada are powerhouses!!
      Plenty of players on lower tiered first division European clubs making 100,000 Euro per season that can easily be snatched up by any MLS team. But they are not flowing here and the reason is that they are not good players, plain and simple. But put a Ronaldo against them or a Messi or even a Neymar and theses guys look like rock stars. Skewed statistics.

Comment

Give me a break, La Liga has 3 top teams and then a big drop off in talent. Everyone knows that. You're just too enamored with pretty boy to admit it. Portugal, Italy and England is the same. Top three/four money clubs and then crap. Ronaldo's performance in World Cup's are pretty abysmal. You know why? Because the best of the best are out there.
        Real, Atleti, Barca, Valencia, Sevilla, Malaga, Real Sociedad, Athletic Bilbao are all bad teams?

Comment

Plenty of players on lower tiered first division European clubs making 100,000 Euro per season that can easily be snatched up by any MLS team. But they are not flowing here and the reason is that they are not good players, plain and simple. But put a Ronaldo against them or a Messi or even a Neymar and theses guys look like rock stars. Skewed statistics.
          If these La Liga players suck so much why can't any of our national team players score goals in these leagues?

Altidore couldn't do jack at Sunderland, Julian Green is MIA, Agudelo couldn't score a single goal in Europe, and the list goes on.

Comment

Agudelo couldn't score a single goal in Europe, and the list goes on.
            You are right. He scored 3.

Comment

You are right. He scored 3.
              I was just about to post the same thing. Juan hasn't looked great in his first games back, probably due to not playing in awhile, but he is the real deal and I'm very happy that he's back. Hopefully he'll be back with the National team in due time also.

...hey, I'll settle for the Revs getting their first goal of the season tomorrow.

Comment

If these La Liga players suck so much why can't any of our national team players score goals in these leagues?

Altidore couldn't do jack at Sunderland, Julian Green is MIA, Agudelo couldn't score a single goal in Europe, and the list goes on.
                He scored 3 goals for a reserve side at FC Utrecht.

Comment

He scored 3 goals for a reserve side at FC Utrecht.
                  Ronaldo 50 goals in MLS, ridiculous!!! He won't be playing against pylons you nitwits. I get that he has a lot of FB and twitter followers but enough with that nonsense.

Comment

Ronaldo 50 goals in MLS, ridiculous!!! He won't be playing against pylons you nitwits. I get that he has a lot of FB and twitter followers but enough with that nonsense.
                    I actually think he won't stay healthy for very long in a summer MLS season and the physical style of the league. I'm not a Ronaldo hater but he's not that magical. Again, consider the players he plays against most of the year, and it's not just him. All of Europe, the money clubs, then the wanna be's.

Comment

I actually think he won't stay healthy for very long in a summer MLS season and the physical style of the league. I'm not a Ronaldo hater but he's not that magical. Again, consider the players he plays against most of the year, and it's not just him. All of Europe, the money clubs, then the wanna be's.
                      Leo Messi scored 2 against Eibar, need any more proof? Adding to his history making tally of goals. Give me a break.

Comment

I agree with you, but stop trying to win over the obsessed Ronaldo fan base that think he's the second coming of Christ. You can never win this one. But I agree with you. The poster who said he'd score 50 goals in MLS at 33/34 years old probably has never, ever played the game himself, just an uniformed Ronaldo man crusher.

Comment

Leo Messi scored 2 against Eibar, need any more proof? Adding to his history making tally of goals. Give me a break.
                          Watered down First Division European leagues. Apart from a few world class players in every league, the majority of the players are crap.

Comment

Juan Agudelo scored 3 goals for FC Utrecht in a reserve game.
                            Julian Green has disappeared from the Bundesliga.
                            Altidore was labeled the worst forward in the Premier League by the press.

Comment

Watered down First Division European leagues. Apart from a few world class players in every league, the majority of the players are crap.
                              How are the majority of players "crap?"
                              Please enlighten me.

Comment

Juan Agudelo scored 3 goals for FC Utrecht in a reserve game.
                                Julian Green has disappeared from the Bundesliga.
                                Altidore was labeled the worst forward in the Premier League by the press.
                                Agudelo did not score 3 goals for Utrecht in a reserve game. He was on loan from Stoke who were hoping to get his work permit approved (which didn't end up happening) and he scored against PEC, Heracles and Vitesse in Eredivisie play. After his Stoke deal fell apart, he had interest from Utrecht and other teams in Europe but for some reason he seemed to have this "I must play in England" bug up his butt and held out for an offer that never came. He eventually came home to the Revs, and once he shakes the rust off, they will be glad to have him back.

Julian Green is on loan with Hamburg, and yes he is struggling. He's also young, still under 20. The jury is a long way out on what he will become. But he's definitely working through a tough time in his young career.

Altidore's career has seen him struggle in England/Spain, but he also tore it up in Holland. He's clearly not world class. But he's perfect for a 2nd/3rd tier league like the Eredivisie or MLS.

All 3 of these players are good, not great. I don't see the reason to continue belaboring a pretty obvious point.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X