•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure the team is in the ECNL

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      U12 next year. Thanks to all for the advice. This has been one of the more reasonable threads I have seen on this site.
      Since she is going to be a U12 don't get all hung up on winning. The #1 priority should be getting her good training. It's also always a bonus that she like the kids that she is playing with. At 12 I, as a parent, certainly would not have been transporting my kid around for miles. A good balance is needed.

Comment

If she is the best player on her current club, she shouldn't have to go to that tryout. Go to the tryout for the stretch club. They will be able to evaluate her for that team, and also be able to provide feedback for the satellite club, if the stretch club doesn't work out for any reason.
        She has to go to her current club's tryout. Very bad form not to go. I would do current and reach and forget about Satellite.

Comment

Make sure the team is in the ECNL
          Nonsense. Be on a good team with a good reputation with a good coach and be a top player on that team. What do you think a college coach thinks about you when you don't start or even get substantial minutes in a game he/she comes to watch. It has the complete opposite effect, you just closed a door on yourself.

Comment

Nonsense. Be on a good team with a good reputation with a good coach and be a top player on that team. What do you think a college coach thinks about you when you don't start or even get substantial minutes in a game he/she comes to watch. It has the complete opposite effect, you just closed a door on yourself.
            Exactly. ECNL isn't the only answer.

Comment

I think my sarcasm radar is working OK and it's telling me that the "make sure the team is in the ECNL" comment was made in jest.

Comment

We care about how competitive because she is looking for faster decision making and a faster paced game. <SNIP>
                Good answer - my son's favorite youth coach used to point out that, in all situations, players needed to work on the "universal" elements of soccer: vision, decision, and communication; those were the hard things, the rest is a matter of repetition and execution. "Let the game be the teacher"

Good luck whatever you do!

Comment

Uh, OP indicated she's 11. Not time to think about college yet. Time to get the best possible training.

Comment

She has to go to her current club's tryout. Very bad form not to go. I would do current and reach and forget about Satellite.
                    Only if the current club is still an option you are honestly considering. Otherwise I think you're giving them the run around and giving up another chance to be seen at the club she really wants. Talk to the coach you like at the new club and see what her chances are if you're having doubts.

Comment

Uh, OP indicated she's 11. Not time to think about college yet. Time to get the best possible training.
                      Agreed, but I bet op was responding to the ECNL fanboy that was trolling the thread.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X