Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes, there are soccer moms THAT friggin' crazy! Thanks for reminding us. At least when your daughter gets injured playing rec soccer she can tell her doctor, "MIT huh. Well I played D1 as sub in front 23 people!" Revenge is sweet no?
    Try again. Incomprehensible. Ironic considering your elite educational lean.

P.S. Orthopods are not likely to spend a ton of time thumping their chest about their undergrad education. By the time they are seeing patients they are about a decade removed. In addition, no one cares.

Comment

Try again. Incomprehensible. Ironic considering your elite educational lean.

P.S. Orthopods are not likely to spend a ton of time thumping their chest about their undergrad education. By the time they are seeing patients they are about a decade removed. In addition, no one cares.
      Do orthropods have six legs and a hard exoskeleton?

Comment

Hee hee. So predictable. You MIT folks are so sensitive! I know the IVY thing didn't work out but try not to be so transparent.

I also thought you might be a little more creative with your insults. Basket weaving? Lame.

Hope your lil phenom is getting ready for the grind of a tough NEWMAC campaign. Hope she is ready!
        With only one Mass kid on the MIT roster, I doubt anyone on this site is really an MIT folk.

I do not think a soccer recruit gets much slack, if any, in the admissions process at MIT. For virtually all of the parents on this site MIT is less likely a destination for their kid than a top 25 D1 program. Isn't jealousy interesting.....

Comment

For D1 (not sure about D2) no player on the team can live outside 100 miles (I think) from the school. This is for U16 (maybe U15) and older teams, because the NCAA classifies this age group as "recruits".
          I recall a Bolts player that had to switch to Oakwood because of this rule a few years ago.

Comment

For D1 (not sure about D2) no player on the team can live outside 100 miles (I think) from the school. This is for U16 (maybe U15) and older teams, because the NCAA classifies this age group as "recruits".
            I recall a Bolts player that had to switch to Oakwood because of this rule a few years ago.
            I believe it's 50 miles, not 100

Comment

I should know better than to post this on T-S because every thread I have ever started here has gone into a downward spiral. Anyway, there are coaches that coach both at the club level and college. Doesn't this present a problem for them in terms of recruiting players from his or her club team? What are the rules about this? If the coach is a t a DIII school I would think that everything would be OK but at DII or DI would this be an issue?
              My child has a college coach as club coach (best way to go in my opinion)- there is no conflict. You can not talk about recruitment with coach as it attains to playing for her college team during any club team event. Any other recruiting questions can be answered as to the process in regrades to other colleges.

When not at club event you may talk to her about recruiting process for her college, as limited by college recruiting practices.

Comment

My child has a college coach as club coach (best way to go in my opinion)- there is no conflict. You can not talk about recruitment with coach as it attains to playing for her college team during any club team event. Any other recruiting questions can be answered as to the process in regrades to other colleges.

When not at club event you may talk to her about recruiting process for her college, as limited by college recruiting practices.
                I am the OP. The response above has been one of the more rational ones. I'm not sure how the MIT chatter was introduced here. I think someone mentioned that the MIT coach also coaches some club teams.

The reason that I made the delineation between DI, DII schools and DIII schools is because of the "contact" rules. A DIII school can talk to an athlete earlier. If a coach at a DIII school also coaches a club team and tries to recruit one of his club players is it allowed? I would think that it would be permissible but I wonder about the ethics of it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X