Scorpion tryouts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. My daughter has been at Scorpions/Breakers since 2010 and have had the same coaches each year. Fact not Fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Nice. My daughter has been at Scorpions/Breakers since 2010 and have had the same coaches each year. Fact not Fiction.
      I call BS. What age group and team?

Comment

No BS- FACT.

Comment

It's just wrong to have the same coach year after year after year

Comment

No BS- FACT.
            Different poster here. No, not fact. You're just a bitter old fool with an ax to grind.

Comment

No BS- FACT.
              Then provide the facts. Which age group and team?

Comment

First tryout last night. Will coaches make any notifications today as to whether or not your child has made a team? If so, when are these notifications normally sent out?

Comment

It's just wrong to have the same coach year after year after year
                  Why is it a bad idea? I could get behind that argument if all coaches were created equal, but they're not. One of the bigger failures in club soccer is this argument. Consistency of growth in development should be the biggest factor in determining whether or not a team should be passed on. Seen too many teams regress in one year due to the change. I've also seen many a club director use this to their benefit to grab teams that have been developed by others for their own gains, and I've seen many a club Director, that preaches the different voice mantra, keep these teams to themselves. If the team is developing and meeting or beating expectations, I don't understand why disrupting that is a good thing. Players grow faster At the club ages when they feel comfortable, and have the confidence to try different things and fail, and not fear that their decisions may put them out of favor with the new voice. IMO this is a crucial link in development that is missing now, and has lead to players and coaches focusing more on just trying to find a way to win. Im not preaching this for every team, and for every situation, but there are a lot of situations that it doesn't make sense to make the change every year or two. I've never understood why clubs/directors make these types of, for lack of a better phrase, zero tolerance policies and box themselves in. The game/players/teams are constantly changing, and if you have a coach that has the ability to stay ahead of the curve, why would there be a change so often. There are coaches out there that have the ability to take players from U8-18 and beyond. There's not many, but when you get one it doesn't make any sense to me.

Comment

flip side

Why is it a bad idea? I could get behind that argument if all coaches were created equal, but they're not. One of the bigger failures in club soccer is this argument. Consistency of growth in development should be the biggest factor in determining whether or not a team should be passed on. Seen too many teams regress in one year due to the change. I've also seen many a club director use this to their benefit to grab teams that have been developed by others for their own gains, and I've seen many a club Director, that preaches the different voice mantra, keep these teams to themselves. If the team is developing and meeting or beating expectations, I don't understand why disrupting that is a good thing. Players grow faster At the club ages when they feel comfortable, and have the confidence to try different things and fail, and not fear that their decisions may put them out of favor with the new voice. IMO this is a crucial link in development that is missing now, and has lead to players and coaches focusing more on just trying to find a way to win. Im not preaching this for every team, and for every situation, but there are a lot of situations that it doesn't make sense to make the change every year or two. I've never understood why clubs/directors make these types of, for lack of a better phrase, zero tolerance policies and box themselves in. The game/players/teams are constantly changing, and if you have a coach that has the ability to stay ahead of the curve, why would there be a change so often. There are coaches out there that have the ability to take players from U8-18 and beyond. There's not many, but when you get one it doesn't make any sense to me.
                    In many cases is good practice to introduce a new voice/perception/style/etc... to develop and be exposed to different personalities. From a long view, your child will get a new coach in HS or College and they will need to learn how to adjust to a potentially different voice. When they enter the professional working world they'll have to interact with different management styles. I think it's a good idea to introduce change so they can become adaptable humans.
                    Aside from that, hearing the same voice can get monotonous and sometimes players tune out.

Comment

Of course you are going to support how it played out for you and your kid. Not a surprise.

Comment

In many cases is good practice to introduce a new voice/perception/style/etc... to develop and be exposed to different personalities. From a long view, your child will get a new coach in HS or College and they will need to learn how to adjust to a potentially different voice. When they enter the professional working world they'll have to interact with different management styles. I think it's a good idea to introduce change so they can become adaptable humans.
                        Aside from that, hearing the same voice can get monotonous and sometimes players tune out.
                        Sorry! if I didn't clarify my opinion very well. I don't think a ten year run with a team is a good idea, but more than 1 or 2 in some cases is acceptable. Again, if there is growth and development of the team and individual players, and the team has not tuned the coach out, I feel that it may not always be in the best interest to make a change after 1-2 years. I do understand learning to deal with different voice, style can be valuable in life. I just don't think that's always the case, and especially when you have a coach who can continually get the players and team to exceed development goals and expectations, and doing so just because it's the way it's done doesn't instill confidence that the clubs are really concerned with doing what's right for all players development. The argument of, It's the formula doesn't fly always. Just don't think its always the best practice to do so.

Comment

Of course you are going to support how it played out for you and your kid. Not a surprise.
                          Not even close!

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                            then provide the facts. Which age group and team?
                            fm, u13

Comment

My son has played for Scorpions since September, and has had four different head coaches.
                              Fact not fiction.

Comment

Must be a good player...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X