Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    you mean those players with parents who are constantly up the butt of coaches and doc and telling them how great their little mia or landon is get opportunities their talent doesn't deserve? color me shocked!

Absolutely how it works. Just like ODP, just think even the Jax goalie could not make ODP then she won the Golden Gloves award at the National Championships and got picked up by the National Team but never for ODP.

Comment

Absolutely how it works. Just like ODP, just think even the Jax goalie could not make ODP then she won the Golden Gloves award at the National Championships and got picked up by the National Team but never for ODP.
      All BS honestly what the should do is force coaches or DOC'S in charge of selection to switch regions that way they are selecting from player they don't know of or like what was stated earlier just have the US Federation make the selections themselves.

Comment

Makes sense--I've seen first hand on the ODP fields and events how close knit the community is and overbearing parents can have improper influence. Not so at the national team level.

Comment

Makes sense--I've seen first hand on the ODP fields and events how close knit the community is and overbearing parents can have improper influence. Not so at the national team level.
          yup need to bring out the whip and straighten out these ODP coaches

Comment

Only unless you are playing in the National Championships their is no way that good players can circumvent the system.

Comment

TBU, JFC and FKK play R3PL, so that leaves Kendall, Weston, Chargers and all the 2nd teams for WFF, OCYS, JFC, FKK yep killing it with the tough competition. The only thing is being NPL does not automatically get you into even NPL tournaments unless since there are A LOT of NPL clubs.
              That is not every age group for TBU, JFC, FKK and some actually play in both R3PL and NPL.

The DA clubs and ECNL clubs will not have their top teams play NPL.

The ones that usually only play R3PL are the ones that are top 5 in the region and have a shot at nationals. They usually do R3PL and a lot of Showcases.

Comment

It is the same idea as FSPL, but it is just putting the better bigger clubs together state wide. The age goups where the big clubs are all in the top (most case they are), those leagues are really tough and nice to play in. The ones where they are not, can be a waste for lets say one strong team in a league of avg teams. From first year to now the league has been getting better and better in most age goups. South Florida, it is not as much as a impact since they have some many good clubs to keep local leagues strong. North and West Fl it is not the same and this league is needed. With JFC, FKK, OCYS, WFF, TBU, Chargers, Weston, IMG, Boca U and now FC florida and PDA, it is where the big clubs are at. The main weakness is WFF and OCYS on the girls side since they put their A teams in ECNL.
                OC purple teams are improving and you can see the older groups are making ground in the NPL. WFF not so much. Can only think OC is recruiting better and/or has more kids to recruit from. WFF has trouble with local teams that are very competitive so those clubs/players don't want to leave to "try" ecnl at WFF.

Comment

OC purple teams are improving and you can see the older groups are making ground in the NPL. WFF not so much. Can only think OC is recruiting better and/or has more kids to recruit from. WFF has trouble with local teams that are very competitive so those clubs/players don't want to leave to "try" ecnl at WFF.
                  OC is recruiting and some players have no choice but to go. Need ECNL in south florida

Comment

Still haven't gotten an answer???

Why does US Club Soccer/NPL make it better to play for FC Florida?

Will better coaches come?
                    Will better players come?
                    Will better showcase events be played in for college bound players?
                    Will better fields be available to train on?
                    Maybe in a 5 years perhaps but certainly not anytime soon. These things do not happen overnight. Especially with the NPL South Florida disorganization.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1518085]Maybe in a 5 years perhaps but certainly not anytime soon. These things do not happen overnight. Especially with the NPL South Florida disorganization.[/QUOTE
                      Agreed 100% but the talent is not being seen that's my point. Certain girls are not getting an opportunity to prove themselves

Comment

Seems to be a desperate attempt to save their program. I can only speak for the girls side, but I know first hand that people are extremely dissatisfied with how TP has shown very little interest in them.

Tim leaving left a "massive" void, in what used to be a very smooth and organized running operation. I know they leave a lot of the girls issues to that little goofy bastard that coaches the U13 team, and he certainly is not cutting the mustard.

I for one would not be surprised to see at the least every girls team from U12 up, seriously considering other options.

A announcement like NPL, US Club Soccer may fool some into believing that's positive enough news, but most see it as a weak attempt to sell families on ponying up another $1300 for next year. Speaking of ponying up, you do realize that playing NPL will be additional fees, right?

Bring in a Director for the girls side. A guys like Thomas R. Somebody who cares, somebody with credentials, somebody with college recruiting experience, otherwise youre spinning your wheels with this NPL crap.

Comment

Seems to be a desperate attempt to save their program. I can only speak for the girls side, but I know first hand that people are extremely dissatisfied with how TP has shown very little interest in them.

Tim leaving left a "massive" void, in what used to be a very smooth and organized running operation. I know they leave a lot of the girls issues to that little goofy bastard that coaches the U13 team, and he certainly is not cutting the mustard.

I for one would not be surprised to see at the least every girls team from U12 up, seriously considering other options.

A announcement like NPL, US Club Soccer may fool some into believing that's positive enough news, but most see it as a weak attempt to sell families on ponying up another $1300 for next year. Speaking of ponying up, you do realize that playing NPL will be additional fees, right?

Bring in a Director for the girls side. A guys like Thomas R. Somebody who cares, somebody with credentials, somebody with college recruiting experience, otherwise youre spinning your wheels with this NPL crap.
                          well if they're anything like you, no wonder he doesn't want much to do with the girls side of the club. cheers

Comment

Anytime a club sees the departure of someone of the quality of the former Girls DoC, who can expect their to be some issues and a transitional period. Thinking otherwise seems a bit unrealistic and unfair.

The "goofy little bastard" comment is so far below the belt I can only assume the poster spends a lot of their time down there. That "goofy little bastard" seems to be doing all right with his team last I looked.

There isn't another club in a reasonable geographic area for players that live in Palm Beach, Martin, or St. Lucie counties that can compete with FC Florida in terms of quality of instruction that I've seen. Perhaps it's because I'm not as smart as the poster taking shots … but who is? They are the smartest person ever. Just ask them.

Comment

Anytime a club sees the departure of someone of the quality of the former Girls DoC, who can expect their to be some issues and a transitional period. Thinking otherwise seems a bit unrealistic and unfair.

The "goofy little bastard" comment is so far below the belt I can only assume the poster spends a lot of their time down there. That "goofy little bastard" seems to be doing all right with his team last I looked.

There isn't another club in a reasonable geographic area for players that live in Palm Beach, Martin, or St. Lucie counties that can compete with FC Florida in terms of quality of instruction that I've seen. Perhaps it's because I'm not as smart as the poster taking shots … but who is? They are the smartest person ever. Just ask them.
                              Oh cmon now! He is a nice guy, but he is as vindictive as they come, and let's go easy with throwing too much credit his way in regards to his current U13 team.
                              He cares, but I've seen his training and his game management, and his sideline demeanor, and my friend, he is no Tim M.

I hope For FC sake, they have a bigger plan moving forward for those girls than he.

You can admit it, he is a goofy lil bastard, isn't he?

Comment

Oh cmon now! He is a nice guy, but he is as vindictive as they come, and let's go easy with throwing too much credit his way in regards to his current U13 team.
                                He cares, but I've seen his training and his game management, and his sideline demeanor, and my friend, he is no Tim M.

I hope For FC sake, they have a bigger plan moving forward for those girls than he.

You can admit it, he is a goofy lil bastard, isn't he?
                                The U13G team is intact. They are very happy with where they are as SC is really what matters in Florida. The next step is to regroup for next year and go at it again. Stop the hating!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X