Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for feedback on N.W.Florida girls competitive soccer scene

We are moving to Navarre, Florida this summer and will be looking for a u11 girls soccer team for my daughter. Can anyone give me some feedback on what competitive/select teams are in that area or close to there. My daughter currently plays keeper for one of the top u11girls teams in NTX. Not that this means anything but for the sake of argument, her team is ranked in gotsoccer u11 top ten.

Yikes, Region D isn't a hot bed of soccer. There's a club in Navarre but you'll probably end up with the Gulf Coast Texans in Pensacola and they aren't exactly hot either. Panhandle soccer isn't North Texas. Good luck!

Comment

"NW Florida" and "competitive" don't belong in the same sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        We are moving to Navarre, Florida this summer and will be looking for a u11 girls soccer team for my daughter. Can anyone give me some feedback on what competitive/select teams are in that area or close to there. My daughter currently plays keeper for one of the top u11girls teams in NTX. Not that this means anything but for the sake of argument, her team is ranked in gotsoccer u11 top ten.
        For the sake of your daughter, you should move to the "mainland" of Florida. LA soccer is a joke! Draw a line from Jacksonville over to Tampa. There is good soccer from that line and anything to the south.

Comment

Wow! Not looking so good, 3 against- 0 for. C'mon now there has got to be some posters on here from that respective area that can give me some glimmer of hope...lol.

Comment

Wow! Not looking so good, 3 against- 0 for. C'mon now there has got to be some posters on here from that respective area that can give me some glimmer of hope...lol.
            That's like asking people what are the good things about ports-johns!they are better than nothing but they really stink!

Comment

Nice area! Ignore the negative folks here. The panhandle is less populated than the rest of Florida and there are a more than a few bozos here that spend far to much time posting negative comments than actually doing constructive things. They love to bash the world and north Florida gets hammered along with everything else.

I think you will want to consider clubs ranging from Pensacola to Destin, maybe as far away as Panama City.

I think RAD (non FYSA) and Bay United have decent girls teams at U10/u11. Gulf coast Texans put up some decent teams and some are run east out of Ft Walton (maybe). Chivas also puts up some great boys teams, but I don't much about girls with them.

You know the drill. Interview the clubs. Talk to parents. You will probably want to end up with the best team in the area as your daughter is having fun and you can put up with the drive and club issues.

Comment

Nice area! Ignore the negative folks here. The panhandle is less populated than the rest of Florida and there are a more than a few bozos here that spend far to much time posting negative comments than actually doing constructive things. They love to bash the world and north Florida gets hammered along with everything else.

I think you will want to consider clubs ranging from Pensacola to Destin, maybe as far away as Panama City.

I think RAD (non FYSA) and Bay United have decent girls teams at U10/u11. Gulf coast Texans put up some decent teams and some are run east out of Ft Walton (maybe). Chivas also puts up some great boys teams, but I don't much about girls with them.

You know the drill. Interview the clubs. Talk to parents. You will probably want to end up with the best team in the area as your daughter is having fun and you can put up with the drive and club issues.
                North Florida, no. Panhandle, yes. ^^^^ This guy is being optimistic.

Honestly, you're leaving North Texas... and her team was ranked #10 in NT...Sting Soccer? Playing 11v11? Beat teams like Solar and Dallas Texans.... you're not going to find that in the Panhandle. Not. At. All.

U11s in the Panhandle are playing 8v8 (along with the rest of Florida.) U11s here do not play 11v11. Some u12 teams jump to play 11v11 with the u13s but most play 8v8.

I'm sorry, you're not going to find the competitive club you're looking for in the Panhandle. I don't know anything about Alabama soccer, maybe there's a few clubs along the border that would be a better fit.

Bay United won u11 Region Cup this year. Warner won u11 Region Cup last year.

Comment

Agreed Texas is very strong as is the Miami area. Obviously California is strong West florida uni is a very strong D 2 university

Comment

My daughter played in NTX with Sting and Dallas Texans (U9-10)and then we spent time in Los Angeles... We are now in Pan Handle (military moves) and it is obviously very different. Big issue is with depth and player pools for teams. The clubs can put together good teams in some age groups but not all. The key is to get recognized and play part time with ECNL clubs... I know several girls that have played part time for Atlanta teams and received scholarships to D1 schools.

As far as U11G teams, I think the Bay United team is clearly the best... They compete well in regionally including in Jacksonville and Atlanta.

Comment

My daughter played in NTX with Sting and Dallas Texans (U9-10)and then we spent time in Los Angeles... We are now in Pan Handle (military moves) and it is obviously very different. Big issue is with depth and player pools for teams. The clubs can put together good teams in some age groups but not all. The key is to get recognized and play part time with ECNL clubs... I know several girls that have played part time for Atlanta teams and received scholarships to D1 schools.

As far as U11G teams, I think the Bay United team is clearly the best... They compete well in regionally including in Jacksonville and Atlanta.
                      LOL check out celtic would be the same as bay united

Comment

North Florida, no. Panhandle, yes. ^^^^ This guy is being optimistic.

Honestly, you're leaving North Texas... and her team was ranked #10 in NT...Sting Soccer? Playing 11v11? Beat teams like Solar and Dallas Texans.... you're not going to find that in the Panhandle. Not. At. All.

U11s in the Panhandle are playing 8v8 (along with the rest of Florida.) U11s here do not play 11v11. Some u12 teams jump to play 11v11 with the u13s but most play 8v8.

I'm sorry, you're not going to find the competitive club you're looking for in the Panhandle. I don't know anything about Alabama soccer, maybe there's a few clubs along the border that would be a better fit.

Bay United won u11 Region Cup this year. Warner won u11 Region Cup last year.
                        Actually, my daughter plays for the Dallas Texans. They are ranked #3 in NTX and #9 nationally by Gotsoccer...whether that means anything or not. I guess it's all how you look at it.
                        I thought you guys might still be playing 8v8 at u11. Here in NTX the 04's(which is what my daughter is considered) have been playing 11v11 for over a year. Some teams have been playing at least two years. Believe me that is a hot topic here. There are just as many opponents as proponents to starting at 11v11 so young. Is Florida not ECNL? That is a big thing here, ODP not so much. It has really fallen out of favor, most just focus on ECNL.
                        Thanks for all the input guys I really appreciate it. Sure does make it difficult.

Comment

I actually have a friend who has a daughter on the Bay United U11 Team and they are clearly the most competitive team in the panhandle. They will be playing 11v11 as U12's in the fall. Bay United tryouts are May 26th, May 28th & May 30th, If you would like I can get you in touch with one of the coaches for that team.

Comment

Actually, my daughter plays for the Dallas Texans. They are ranked #3 in NTX and #9 nationally by Gotsoccer...whether that means anything or not. I guess it's all how you look at it.
                            I thought you guys might still be playing 8v8 at u11. Here in NTX the 04's(which is what my daughter is considered) have been playing 11v11 for over a year. Some teams have been playing at least two years. Believe me that is a hot topic here. There are just as many opponents as proponents to starting at 11v11 so young. Is Florida not ECNL? That is a big thing here, ODP not so much. It has really fallen out of favor, most just focus on ECNL.
                            Thanks for all the input guys I really appreciate it. Sure does make it difficult.
                            Florida has two ECNL clubs but they are in Orlando and Tampa. No teams here play 11v11 before u12 and even then it's hotly contested. It's usually only "elite" teams.

So she is a 04/05 that has been playing up? On my daughters 02/03 team (playing 11v11 as u12s), we have a u11. The fall season was hard for her- in terms of her size. Young 11s/old 10s playing older 13s makes for some serious size miss matches.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X