Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is not much of an attraction to go over to DA for Boca United in U/15 - U/16 or U17 - U18 if in Palm Beach or North Broward. Boca United had no U-17 team this season, U-16's will probably be eliminated in first round of state cup. U-15's are not even entered in state cup. Where will these strong players come from since they are not currently in the club?
    They had very good performances in the Academy showcase with all their age groups. I think the U18 will be the team that will not be strong, having U17 players primarily. Their U16 and U14 will have a good group of players not counting the players that will come in and at least check it out.

Comment

Why Boca United they suck. It should have gone to Team Boca

Comment

Why Boca United they suck. It should have gone to Team Boca
        I am not a big Boca United fan but the USSF will not give an Academy to a mom-pop club like Team Boca. At least Weston separates their Mom and Pop teams from their good teams.

Comment

Not to mention Team Boca is in trouble now, gonna struggle to keep players in that area
          I think you are dreaming that players will leave Team Boca. Team Boca has very strong teams. Please see below.

U-14 Team Boca ranked 3rd in state. Finished 2nd in FSPL. We played against them this year and they are a top team.
          U-15 Finished 6th in FSPL
          U-16 Ranked top 10 in state and finished 3rd in FSPL
          U-17 Ranked top 10 in state and finished 2nd in FSPL in 2nd division.

Why would any of these players leave and take a step backwards? You will probably see more players in area switch from their current club to Team Boca. I'm doing it next year (hopefully my kid makes it). I think the coach of the U-14 team is their DOC and has a great reputation.

Comment

I think you are dreaming that players will leave Team Boca. Team Boca has very strong teams. Please see below.

U-14 Team Boca ranked 3rd in state. Finished 2nd in FSPL. We played against them this year and they are a top team.

Why would any of these players leave and take a step backwards? You will probably see more players in area switch from their current club to Team Boca. I'm doing it next year (hopefully my kid makes it). I think the coach of the U-14 team is their DOC and has a great reputation.

Why, because its the DA that's why. Kids will leave their old clubs, wherever they may be, in order to play for a DA team.

US Soccer has said DA is top dog and that is where the best kids play. If you want to be looked at for US Youth National teams, college scholarships or any other high honors or opportunities, you better get to a DA team post haste.

Getting DA will bring the kids. Other clubs should worry and will lose players.

Comment

Why, because its the DA that's why. Kids will leave their old clubs, wherever they may be, in order to play for a DA team.

US Soccer has said DA is top dog and that is where the best kids play. If you want to be looked at for US Youth National teams, college scholarships or any other high honors or opportunities, you better get to a DA team post haste.

Getting DA will bring the kids. Other clubs should worry and will lose players.
              You are talking about the best players and possibility to make national team which is almost impossible. There are only a few kids that can do this and most are already on regional or national teams. The better players that want academy are already satisfied with Weston, Kendall, Orlando City. There was a reason why Boca United's younger academy finished towards bottom. Nobody was to go to a new DA club that will get badly beaten in each game, do they? Why don't you go and tell us about your experience? We will stick with FC Florida.

Comment

You're stuck in the past. Everyone already knows that the best training, competition and most importantly exposure it's a the highest when you play in an USSDA program. I will be going to see how BU will be handling their academy and if it is better than my club I will take my kid there. Just like all of you, I am looking for the best place for my kids and playing against better players and getting better training with an opportunity to be seen by scouts, is better than what we have now.

Comment

You are talking about the best players and possibility to make national team which is almost impossible. There are only a few kids that can do this and most are already on regional or national teams. The better players that want academy are already satisfied with Weston, Kendall, Orlando City. There was a reason why Boca United's younger academy finished towards bottom. Nobody was to go to a new DA club that will get badly beaten in each game, do they? Why don't you go and tell us about your experience? We will stick with FC Florida.
                  Are you talking about the Boca united academy that is beating Orlando, Weston and has played in competitive games all season? if you are, your scare tactics won't work. The proof is that their players have done very well this season.

To add to your point, Academy showcases attract all the top college coaches as well which means that when your son plays in an academy game, he is seen by college, professional, regional and national scouts. I bet you're not getting that when playing in your silly league game.

Comment

You're stuck in the past. Everyone already knows that the best training, competition and most importantly exposure it's a the highest when you play in an USSDA program. I will be going to see how BU will be handling their academy and if it is better than my club I will take my kid there. Just like all of you, I am looking for the best place for my kids and playing against better players and getting better training with an opportunity to be seen by scouts, is better than what we have now.
                    No I am in the present and you are hoping for the future with Boca United. What club are you with now? Do you know that most of the players that played on Boca United in the past on 99-2000 team left during the season or right after it ended. Some went to Weston, some to Kendall, and some to FC Florida. Do you think their experience was good? Why would they have left? Just because they are getting DA does not mean they will field strong teams.

Comment

Are you talking about the Boca united academy that is beating Orlando, Weston and has played in competitive games all season? if you are, your scare tactics won't work. The proof is that their players have done very well this season.

To add to your point, Academy showcases attract all the top college coaches as well which means that when your son plays in an academy game, he is seen by college, professional, regional and national scouts. I bet you're not getting that when playing in your silly league game.
                      Orlando City 4 Boca United 0
                      Weston 3 BocaUnited 0
                      Chargers 4 Boca United 0
                      TBU 4 Boca United 1
                      Kendall 5 Boca United 2
                      TBU 5 Boca United 2
                      Kendall 3 BocaUnited 0
                      TBU 4 Boca United 1
                      Orlando City 2 Boca United 0

Remember these losses or did you forget? Outscored in these 34 - 6. Is that competitive?

Comment

Weston 3 BocaUnited 0
                        Chargers 4 Boca United 0
                        TBU 4 Boca United 1
                        Kendall 5 Boca United 2
                        TBU 5 Boca United 2
                        Kendall 3 BocaUnited 0
                        TBU 4 Boca United 1

Remember these losses or did you forget? Outscored in these 34 - 6. Is that competitive?
                        Post all scores in chronological order then comment.

Comment

Post all scores in chronological order then comment.
                          What is your record?

Comment

Weston 3 BocaUnited 0
                            Chargers 4 Boca United 0
                            TBU 4 Boca United 1
                            Kendall 5 Boca United 2
                            TBU 5 Boca United 2
                            Kendall 3 BocaUnited 0
                            TBU 4 Boca United 1

Lol thats great that you posted those games. 6 out of those 9 games were played in the first 2 months of the season. Thanks for showing the great improvement we have made. How about BU 5 Orlando 3, Weston 2- BU 3, BU 4 -Clearwater 2.... Write the goal differential of our complete schedule and it will show you how competitive we are.

Comment

No I am in the present and you are hoping for the future with Boca United. What club are you with now? Do you know that most of the players that played on Boca United in the past on 99-2000 team left during the season or right after it ended. Some went to Weston, some to Kendall, and some to FC Florida. Do you think their experience was good? Why would they have left? Just because they are getting DA does not mean they will field strong teams.
                              FC Florida U13 Elite (white)

Comment

What you don't seem to acknowledge is that the landscape has changed. If one was to accept the argument Boca will field a lower level DA team, that team is still much better to be on for recognition and opportunities than any non-DA team. It's just the way of the world now in US Soccer.

At a DA showcase, there will be hundreds of college coaches that will see you son play if he is no a DA team. At a non-DA showcase, you may have a few (non major school) coaches wondering around. No matter how could your team is.

Playing at the highest level and having scouts and college coaches look at you may not be important to everyone and if not, fine. But don't pretend it isn't important to a lot of people and now they have that chance with Boca getting DA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X