Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think his point is: why didn't they request to be in D1 ?
    And he makes a good point. If these teams are trying hard play at a competitive level, then why not go to D1 ?
    As s/he states, maybe in the past some U12 teams playing up would be placed in D1 region c cup. Both of the teams s/he is whining about are in the top flights of every event when they play in their own age group, full field. Every Tournament director uses his or her discretion when placing teams in brackets. We are aware top teams play state cup, the next level play D1 region cup and so on. We were told where we would play and maybe next year, fysa will reconsider U12 teams with a years experience on a full field and place them in D1

Comment

Division 2 of region c is meant for teams that are developing and are not at the skill level of the top teams. It is a combination of d2&d3 teams, so any team that knows it's an elite team regardless of age and plays in d2 tourney is just trophy hunting so they can boost their resume to parents. The only people trying to justify this are obviously involved some way with the trophy hunting programs and they have their minds made up that they are doing what the were told to do. Here's an idea next time. Don't play in a cupcake tourney and challenge your elite team.

Comment

We were told where we would play and maybe next year, fysa will reconsider U12 teams with a years experience on a full field and place them in D1
        There is Clearwater 02/03 U12 Boys team playing in Division 1 of the U13 Region C Tournament this weekend.

Please read the rules. If you are eligible to play U13, then you can play in D1.
        You have to choose to be in D2.

Comment

Memo to the Auburndale coach, focus on your team & their development. Whining about losing to 12 year old kids is pathetic.

Comment

Is thread really discussing a U13 Division 3 team from Auburndale?
            Who cares.

Every elite team enters a few "cupcakes" - you have no choice.
            Otherwise there are not enough tournaments.

Division 2 is a total joke. A waste of time for everyone involved.
            Who cares.

Comment

From Region C's FYSA website:
              Region Cup Rules
              2. Teams may only enter Regional Cup in the age group of their oldest player, based on their roster at the time of entry. After entry, teams may not release players in order to qualify for a younger age group, nor can teams enter an age group that they do not have at least 1 player rostered of that age at time of entry and at roster freeze.

Region C Policies
              This Division is for teams that are not playing in State Cup. If a team is currently playing Division “2” or “B” in league play then the team may register and play in this Division or move up to Division I. Any team who competed in a recreational league must be coded to competitive and register to play in Region Cup in Division II. All teams registering in Division II MUST submit with the application entry fee a copy of the league schedule showing the teams division or group play.

NO PLACEMENT WILL BE MADE BASED ON WIN/LOSS RECORDS

So according to the rules and policies, they could have played D1 but that probably would have had an impact on how far they made it. I don't consider a 3-0 win a huge lopsided match but you never know.

JFC played u13 in Region B by rostering a u13 that didn't play with the team either. Only difference, Region B doesn't have divisions and JFC is out of Region Cup before the Final Four.

Comment

Anyone familiar with the coaches at WFF and TBU is not surprised that they entered these elite teams into Division 2.
                They are win at all cost kind of people.

Comment

Why is it that Team Boca 02/03 Girls are not shown as advancing in the U13 Div I Region A Cup? They had most points.

Comment

Anyone familiar with the coaches at WFF and TBU is not surprised that they entered these elite teams into Division 2.
                    They are win at all cost kind of people.
                    AB is the man! Win win baby!

Comment

dis a bunch of 12 year olds.
                      The argument that this person is making is not about the girls. I love how adults defending shady actions in youth sports always throw out the children as their defense.

The girls didn't register your teams in Division 2 - you did.
                      The person is dissing you, not the girls. And frankly, you deserve it.

What on Earth did you think you were going to get out of entering that Tournament?
                      Do your parents and your club actually buy your BS that this is worth the time for an elite team?

Comment

AB is the man! Win win baby!
                        I was wondering which group of parents were ridiculous enough to defend this, rather than being embarrassed. Figures that it is the TBU parents.

Comment

Sorry, but you are wrong. In previous years, other U12 11v11 teams have played in D1.
                          Read the rules. They can found at the bottom of the Region C Cup page. Section II of the rules deals with eligibility. If they are eligible to play in the U13 tournament, then they are allowed to play in D1.

Look, I am sure your coach's were telling you that they had no choice. The coach's don't want it to look like they are signing up as a ringer. But, if you look at the rules, it is clear that those two teams requested to be in D2. FYSA vets teams for eligibility, and FYSA knows their rules.
                          Actually last year TBU and WFF did it then too. D2. We did ask to be put in to D1 last year and were told no. I can not say that was the case this year, but 100% was the case last year. I registered our team. It is a age by age they determine if you can play in d1 or not. Brackets and how many teams. If you don't play div 1 league, it is not as easy to get in div 1 region. Especially if you are known to be a u12 team. These teams don't your team or any other an explanation. Don't like it, cry to FYSA about it or beat them. Trust me they could care less about what you think of them. The WFF team will be up against us and 3 other top 10 u 13 teams in Florida cup in the next few weeks. Doesn't sound like a team afraid to play div 1 teams to me.

Comment

Actually last year TBU and WFF did it then too. D2. We did ask to be put in to D1 last year and were told no. I can not say that was the case this year, but 100% was the case last year. I registered our team. It is a age by age they determine if you can play in d1 or not. Brackets and how many teams. If you don't play div 1 league, it is not as easy to get in div 1 region. Especially if you are known to be a u12 team. These teams don't your team or any other an explanation. Don't like it, cry to FYSA about it or beat them. Trust me they could care less about what you think of them. The WFF team will be up against us and 3 other top 10 u 13 teams in Florida cup in the next few weeks. Doesn't sound like a team afraid to play div 1 teams to me.
                            Stop. Come on.

Just admit you choose to be in D2. FYSA told you to be in D2, that way they could have uneven brackets in both D1 and D2, rather than having two teams move to D1 and having even brackets all around. If you are eligible D1 (and you were), then you are eligible.
                            Please.

You are playing in the State Cup at the highest level of U13 - and you wanted an easy warm up for that tournament, you were eligible for Region Cup D2, so you entered D2.
                            No one cares (except Auburndale).

My original point from yesterday morning remains, and my point is important to considering the rank of 02/03 Girls - if either WFF or TBU win Region C D2, that is meaningless. Post #22 is basically bragging that you are going to win that tournament. If you have any claim to being an elite team, then you better win that tournament. Winning a D2 tournament proves nothing about your team.

Comment

Any region cup predictions for this weekend? Who is playing in south Florida?

Comment

Any region cup predictions for this weekend? Who is playing in south Florida?
                                GSA over OCYS for the final of Region B.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X