Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Go to PBSA if you really like losing, for really extended periods of time...and if you want your kids to get comfortable with disappointment.

Really, who in their right mind thinks there is a comparison between PBSA and FC Florida?
    No, go to PBSA if you like team work, dedication and a focus on balance between athletics and academics. Our teams may not be the best in the state but our players are turning into quality young men and women who know how to balance priorities.

Very few of today's youth soccer "superstars" are going anywhere in the sport after high school. At least I know that my kid and his teammates will be prepared for life after soccer.

Comment

No, go to PBSA if you like team work, dedication and a focus on balance between athletics and academics. Our teams may not be the best in the state but our players are turning into quality young men and women who know how to balance priorities.

Very few of today's youth soccer "superstars" are going anywhere in the sport after high school. At least I know that my kid and his teammates will be prepared for life after soccer.

Well said!

Comment

what's truly funny and ironic about this bit of self promoting, sweet lemons self congratulatory back-slapping is that just about every major club in palm beach county sends far more players to college and with some form of soccer scholarship than pbsa. hahaha yeah you guys are the only ones whose players are going to college. go check out the college list for clubs like team boca, boca united, fc florida, and get back to us with how you guys are the only ones preparing your players for college. the real difference is that other big clubs in pbc send their players off to college and with soccer money, unlike pbsa.

Comment

what's truly funny and ironic about this bit of self promoting, sweet lemons self congratulatory back-slapping is that just about every major club in palm beach county sends far more players to college and with some form of soccer scholarship than pbsa. hahaha yeah you guys are the only ones whose players are going to college. go check out the college list for clubs like team boca, boca united, fc florida, and get back to us with how you guys are the only ones preparing your players for college. the real difference is that other big clubs in pbc send their players off to college and with soccer money, unlike pbsa.
          Well said!

Comment

The key here is what you term "some form of soccer scholarship". If you are talking about girls soccer, yes there is money there for good players at good schools.

If you are talking about boys, the story is very different. Yes, there is some money out there if you want to attend "Backwater College" but who wants to do that? Not my son.

If instead you want to attend one of the big state schools here in Florida that actually have men's soccer, good luck. The pool of competition is huge and they are taking a lot of international students these days. Unless you are a top player in ODP or an academy, you have very little chance. On top of that, you better have good grades because no coach wants to waste what little scholarship money they have on a kid who is unlikely to maintain the required GPA.

Best of luck to you at FC Florida. Hope your kid gets to go to the college of their dreams on a soccer scholarship. Meanwhile, mine will continue to maintain a balance in his life and will select his college based on their fit with his academic and career goals. He may play soccer in college or he may not but there is virtually no way he will have a career in professional soccer. Maybe yours will. Again, best of luck.

Comment

The key here is what you term "some form of soccer scholarship". If you are talking about girls soccer, yes there is money there for good players at good schools.

If you are talking about boys, the story is very different. Yes, there is some money out there if you want to attend "Backwater College" but who wants to do that? Not my son.

If instead you want to attend one of the big state schools here in Florida that actually have men's soccer, good luck. The pool of competition is huge and they are taking a lot of international students these days. Unless you are a top player in ODP or an academy, you have very little chance. On top of that, you better have good grades because no coach wants to waste what little scholarship money they have on a kid who is unlikely to maintain the required GPA.

Best of luck to you at FC Florida. Hope your kid gets to go to the college of their dreams on a soccer scholarship. Meanwhile, mine will continue to maintain a balance in his life and will select his college based on their fit with his academic and career goals. He may play soccer in college or he may not but there is virtually no way he will have a career in professional soccer. Maybe yours will. Again, best of luck.
              It mystifies me on what basis you assume that my or all the kids at FC are poor academically. In fact, since you are big into meaningless comparisons, I would put my kid's SAT and ACT scores along with his GPA against any kid a that bastion of academic brilliance otherwise known as PBSA. A person can be both a dedicated and accomplished soccer player and equally so academically. Sorry your kid and his teammates are unable to handle both. Best of luck.

Comment

It mystifies me on what basis you assume that my or all the kids at FC are poor academically. In fact, since you are big into meaningless comparisons, I would put my kid's SAT and ACT scores along with his GPA against any kid a that bastion of academic brilliance otherwise known as PBSA. A person can be both a dedicated and accomplished soccer player and equally so academically. Sorry your kid and his teammates are unable to handle both. Best of luck.
                Who said the the players at FCF are "poor academically"? What was said was, they'd better have good grades. Maybe the shoe fits? Not your kid, of course. I'm sure he'll start on the UCF varsity team as a freshman.

Comment

These are a bunch of meaningless comments cause there are no superstars at neither club, PBSA or FC. The only difference being that the FC parents have a bigger ego or are simply delusional thinking that just because they're a couple of spots higher on the Gotsoccer rankings mean most of their players are going off on a scholarship.

Everyone needs to wake up. The reality is very few kids in PBC will get any significant scholarship money. So whether it's FC or PBSA it doesn't matter, there are no superstars in neither of those teams anywhere in sight.

Reality check !

Comment

These are a bunch of meaningless comments cause there are no superstars at neither club, PBSA or FC. The only difference being that the FC parents have a bigger ego or are simply delusional thinking that just because they're a couple of spots higher on the Gotsoccer rankings mean most of their players are going off on a scholarship.

Everyone needs to wake up. The reality is very few kids in PBC will get any significant scholarship money. So whether it's FC or PBSA it doesn't matter, there are no superstars in neither of those teams anywhere in sight.

Reality check !
                    accurate

Comment

Oh, I know, all the kids who are great soccer players must be dumb-dumbs. Really! Get a life, jerk. My kid is pretty good at soccer but also gets straight A's. And she is a good, kind, caring, compassionate person who will turn into a quality young women. I kid might go on after high school, she might not, and she will be prepared. And by the way, she plays for FC!

Comment

Oh, I know, all the kids who are great soccer players must be dumb-dumbs. Really! Get a life, jerk. My kid is pretty good at soccer but also gets straight A's. And she is a good, kind, caring, compassionate person who will turn into a quality young women. I kid might go on after high school, she might not, and she will be prepared. And by the way, she plays for FC!
                        childish

Comment

Originally posted by MOFW View Post
                          childish
                          MOFW = asinine

Comment

Originally posted by MOFW View Post
                            childish
                            FC parents are not worth even trying to say bad things about. I know for a fact there are parents that drink at games and practices. So don't get us started about other things that happen at fc.

Comment

Dartmouth sound good to you?

Backwater College? Is that what they call Dartmouth these days? Yes, two kids in the last two years from FC Florida to Dartmouth. This year's list is not out yet but it will be more of the same. How many kids went on to play in the Ivy League from PBSA?

Comment

How much are you getting paid for this sound bite? We know most of the kids…..academics no bueno!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X