Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team Boca - Consolidated Thread

Thinking of bringing my daughters south. Which is the better program from a coaching standpoint and a college recruiting standpoint? One plays 14 and one plays 16 but should play 15? I dont want to say where in case we decide to stay.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thinking of bringing my daughters south. Which is the better program from a coaching standpoint and a college recruiting standpoint? One plays 14 and one plays 16 but should play 15? I dont want to say where in case we decide to stay.
    1 Weston
    2 Plantation
    3 Sunrise
    4 West Pines
    5 Miramar
    6 Coral Springs
    7 Margate
    8 Wellington
    9 Nova
    10 Fortlauderdale

15 Team Boca
    19 Boca United

Comment

Talking objectively since my daughter does not play for either club. I do have very close friends at both clubs.

If I had to choose, I would pick Boca United. They have a strong U14 team and their current U15 Team is getting stronger and made it to the round of 16. They play under US Club (NPL) and FYSA leagues so you have double the exposure. It is also my understanding that they invite college coaches to come and watch their scrimmages, etc. From what I see this club is attracting better players every season and it is on the upward cycle.

As for Team Boca, I have heard great things about the current U16 coach and U16 team. I have also heard wonderful things about the U15 coach as well but the team has been underachieving.

All in all, going to both tryouts would be your best bet. Both clubs seem to operate under good leadership and has less drama attached to it than other clubs in the area a la Weston, Sunrise, WP, etc. so you can't go wrong.

Comment

Talking objectively since my daughter does not play for either club. I do have very close friends at both clubs.

If I had to choose, I would pick Boca United. They have a strong U14 team and their current U15 Team is getting stronger and made it to the round of 16. They play under US Club (NPL) and FYSA leagues so you have double the exposure. It is also my understanding that they invite college coaches to come and watch their scrimmages, etc. From what I see this club is attracting better players every season and it is on the upward cycle.

As for Team Boca, I have heard great things about the current U16 coach and U16 team. I have also heard wonderful things about the U15 coach as well but the team has been underachieving.

All in all, going to both tryouts would be your best bet. Both clubs seem to operate under good leadership and has less drama attached to it than other clubs in the area a la Weston, Sunrise, WP, etc. so you can't go wrong.
        I agree with all of the above, I have friends that play at both Clubs, Teams at Boca United are a little stronger, yet U16 Team Boca beat Boca U in State Cup. So what does that tell you. U15 on both are about even with talent. Both good coaches, both Clubs are very involved in the college process.

Comment

1 Weston
          2 Plantation
          3 Sunrise
          4 West Pines
          5 Miramar
          6 Coral Springs
          7 Margate
          8 Wellington
          9 Nova
          10 Fortlauderdale

15 Team Boca
          19 Boca United
          Team Boca higher ranked and beat Boca United. Team Boca gets more college scholarships and exposure.

Comment

Celtic FC. We have the best trainers. Come to tryouts from Boca.

Comment

The training is terrible at Boca United!!

Comment

Second only to the playing surface. I mean dirt patch.

The training is terrible at Boca United!!

Comment

Team Boca higher ranked and beat Boca United. Team Boca gets more college scholarships and exposure.
                  Wellington U15 beat Boca United, 3-1, early in the season. Wellington U15 could also beat Team Boca and deserves better state ranking.

Comment

Wellington U15 beat Boca United, 3-1, early in the season. Wellington U15 could also beat Team Boca and deserves better state ranking.
                    This is great reading material as we drive to State Cup, thanks for helping pass the time Wellington. Go BU!

Comment

This is great reading material as we drive to State Cup, thanks for helping pass the time Wellington. Go BU!
                      WHo you going to watch? BU U15 went out in the round of 16!!!!

Comment

Who you going to watch? BU U15 went out in the round of 16!!!!!!

Comment

Who you going to watch? BU U15 went out in the round of 16!!!!!!
                          To go watch the 4 teams that are playing in the State Final Four. Let me know what one the Wellington teams play I will go watch them as well.

Comment

You might need to check your facts on the scholarship and exposure line. BU ALREADY has 5 2016 verbal commits to D1 programs! U17's almost done with their commits as well. Tons of coaches at games and practices. Careful of your boasts guys. Very easy to verify!

Comment

Make the Wellington vs Team Boca game happen and see who is on top then.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X