Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ok, I have to correct my post since Lake Worth BEAT ACYS this afternoon and knocked them out (along with Clearwater) in Bracket A. They now play Sunrise for Bracket A#1 (still pick Sunrise, but we'll see. The afternoon games surprisingly cleared up a couple of brackets that I didn't expect. With that in mind, here is an updated post:

BRACKET A
    #1 Probably Sunrise
    #2 Probably Lake Worth

BRACKET B
    #1 Probably Coral Gables
    #2 Probably OCYS With PBG a long shot (gotta beat Coral Gables) FCDEC-out.

BRACKET C
    #1 Probably FC Florida
    #2 Probably N Ft Myers

BRACKET D
    #1 Probably Ives Estates
    #2 Rush

BRACKET E
    #1 WFF Won Group
    #2 Boca (squeaks out a 2-1 win over CES)

BRACKET F
    #1 Wellington Won Group
    #2 Brevard Won Second

BRACKET G
    #1 Clay County Won Group
    #2 Creeks Kraze Won Second

BRACKET H
    #1 Strictly Soccer Won Group
    #2 Fire Won Second

May 2nd Matchups (and my predictions)

Wellington vs winner of CES vs Boca (Wellington)
    FC Florida vs Rush (FC Florida)
    Clay County vs Fire (good matchup, Clay County is physical & will give Fire trouble-Clay wins)
    Coral Gables vs Lake Worth (Coral Gables) I no longer predict winner will lose in quarterfinals
    Sunrise vs OCYS (Sunrise)
    Strictly vs Creeks Kraze (Strictly)
    WFF vs Brevard (WFF)
    Ives vs N. Fort Myers (N. Fort Myers)

Holy Bracket Busters, Batman!

Lake Worth opened an industrial sized can of whoopass on Sunrise, beating them 5-1. This gives Lake Worth an easy win in the Round of 16 over OCYS, who stumbled and bumbled and backed into the Round of 16 with TWO losses after losing to group weakling FCDEC and getting lucky to have PBG-two weak teams from Round 1. OCYS was saved by the Goal Differential.

Not sure why no results from Ives vs Plantation, but I am going to go with this:

BRACKET A
    #1 Lake Worth
    #2 Sunrise

BRACKET B
    #1 Probably Coral Gables
    #2 Probably OCYS With PBG a long shot (gotta beat Coral Gables) FCDEC-out.

BRACKET C
    #1 Probably FC Florida
    #2 Probably N Ft Myers

BRACKET D
    #1 Probably Ives Estates
    #2 Rush

BRACKET E
    #1 WFF Won Group
    #2 Winner of Boca vs Coral Estates (tossup)

BRACKET F
    #1 Wellington Won Group
    #2 Brevard Won Second

BRACKET G
    #1 Clay County Won Group
    #2 Creeks Kraze Won Second

BRACKET H
    #1 Strictly Soccer Won Group
    #2 Fire Won Second

May 2nd Matchups (and my predictions)

Wellington vs winner of CES vs Boca (Wellington)
    FC Florida vs Rush (FC Florida)
    Clay County vs Fire (good matchup, Clay County is physical & will give Fire trouble-Clay wins)
    Coral Gables vs **SUNRISE**(Coral Gables)
    **LAKE WORTH** vs OCYS (Lake Worth)
    Strictly vs Creeks Kraze (Strictly)
    WFF vs Brevard (WFF)
    Ives vs N. Fort Myers (N. Fort Myers)

Comment

What happened with sunrise. heard they had a few kids that had to sit out red cards from last years state cup? true? maybe this is why they lost so bad

Comment

What happened with sunrise. heard they had a few kids that had to sit out red cards from last years state cup? true? maybe this is why they lost so bad
        wouldn't they had to have been served in the first 2 games?

Comment

Slow down

Slow down. I saw the game an am completely independent.

They both looked bad. Sunrise looked the better team for the first half. The score was tied but sunrise was in control.

Sunrise coach is crazy though. He started the bench in the 2nd half leaving his very best on the bench. #10, #22, #18 all sitting.

Then two bizarre balls go in. An own goal and a cross that was not a shot. Suddenly the bench of starters gets up just in time to see the score go to 4-1.

Don't know what the coach was doing. he said before the game that he wanted a tougher draw and he got his wish.

Bizarre.

Comment

Slow down. I saw the game an am completely independent.

They both looked bad. Sunrise looked the better team for the first half. The score was tied but sunrise was in control.

Sunrise coach is crazy though. He started the bench in the 2nd half leaving his very best on the bench. #10, #22, #18 all sitting.

Then two bizarre balls go in. An own goal and a cross that was not a shot. Suddenly the bench of starters gets up just in time to see the score go to 4-1.

Don't know what the coach was doing. he said before the game that he wanted a tougher draw and he got his wish.

Bizarre.
            5-1?? Control the game? .........Congrats

Comment

Tough draw in Round of 16 for Sunrise.... CG Toros look solid.

Comment

Congrats?

5-1?? Control the game? .........Congrats
                Congrats?

What is this? Broken English or an incomplete thought? Why congrats?

Look, I really didn't care who won. I was there and it was bizarre. Lake Worth looked outclassed in the first half and they were incredibly happy to get a goal.

Then Sunrise started the second half with their best players (we all know them) on the bench. The game was ugly kickball throughout. Tons of hitting. 5 yellow cards in the first quarter alone. The yellows slowed down because the ref needed to keep players on the field. It ws just not good soccer.

Feel free to comment how I must not understand the game. 5-1 is a blowout and I am not seeing it clearly. Feel free to think that Lake Worth is the surprise story of the draw.

They are not. They are the same team we have all seen and they are not a contender. Sunrise, on the other hand, could get it's act together and compete. Or they could get dumped next round.

Right now it looks like the toughest teams are in the Toros-Sunrise-Fire-Clay-FC Florida-Welington bracket. Notice I left out Rush and Boca. Up top, maybe WFF

Comment

Congrats?

What is this? Broken English or an incomplete thought? Why congrats?

Look, I really didn't care who won. I was there and it was bizarre. Lake Worth looked outclassed in the first half and they were incredibly happy to get a goal.

Then Sunrise started the second half with their best players (we all know them) on the bench. The game was ugly kickball throughout. Tons of hitting. 5 yellow cards in the first quarter alone. The yellows slowed down because the ref needed to keep players on the field. It ws just not good soccer.

Feel free to comment how I must not understand the game. 5-1 is a blowout and I am not seeing it clearly. Feel free to think that Lake Worth is the surprise story of the draw.

They are not. They are the same team we have all seen and they are not a contender. Sunrise, on the other hand, could get it's act together and compete. Or they could get dumped next round.

Right now it looks like the toughest teams are in the Toros-Sunrise-Fire-Clay-FC Florida-Welington bracket. Notice I left out Rush and Boca. Up top, maybe WFF
                  Noticed that you left out Strictly that won their group with the Fire in it and you left out N Ft Myers that has beaten many top teams. Maybe you have just not seen these teams play. Furthermore you just get a result of 5 - 1 against Sunrise and you are not considered a tough team.

Comment

Bracket, not Team

Noticed that you left out Strictly that won their group with the Fire in it and you left out N Ft Myers that has beaten many top teams. Maybe you have just not seen these teams play. Furthermore you just get a result of 5 - 1 against Sunrise and you are not considered a tough team.
                    You are right, but I was not meaning to talk about the individual teams. I was trying to say that I thought the winner would come out of that portion of the bracket.

Strictly is playing in the top side of the bracket and, yes, I should have mentioned them with WFF. They look solid and well coached. Good structure - all that.

I did not mention NFM because I don't think they can put together four straight wins against strong teams. They can beat a top team if they play great and the other team has a let down, but that's it. For State Cup, they would have to do that four times in a row. I don't see that happening.

Same thing for Lake Worth. Don't believe that score. It was a wave of fluke goals that broke the game. They deserve credit for fighting hard, but it didn't look much like a soccer game. They are not a team that could string together four straight wins against good teams.

The problem with my logic is that there are very few teams that you could easily say could put together 4 straight games at a high level.

I think the winner of the whole thing will be either Toros, FC Florida, WFF or Strictly

Comment

You are right, but I was not meaning to talk about the individual teams. I was trying to say that I thought the winner would come out of that portion of the bracket.

Strictly is playing in the top side of the bracket and, yes, I should have mentioned them with WFF. They look solid and well coached. Good structure - all that.

I did not mention NFM because I don't think they can put together four straight wins against strong teams. They can beat a top team if they play great and the other team has a let down, but that's it. For State Cup, they would have to do that four times in a row. I don't see that happening.

Same thing for Lake Worth. Don't believe that score. It was a wave of fluke goals that broke the game. They deserve credit for fighting hard, but it didn't look much like a soccer game. They are not a team that could string together four straight wins against good teams.

The problem with my logic is that there are very few teams that you could easily say could put together 4 straight games at a high level.

I think the winner of the whole thing will be either Toros, FC Florida, WFF or Strictly
                      Signed,

The Strictly Coach

Comment

I am going to go on with predictions for final 8 match ups:

Lake Worth vs Strictly
                        N Ft Myers vs Brevard
                        FC Florida vs Wellington
                        Clay vs Coral Gables

Comment

I am going to go on with predictions for final 8 match ups:

Lake Worth vs Strictly
                          N Ft Myers vs Brevard
                          FC Florida vs Wellington
                          Clay vs Coral Gables
                          The top half is so weak.

Comment

Dont count Sunrise out I think they will play much better than game before. Probably underestimated lake worth and are sorry now. But CG you never know just watch the rotation if your smart and they are easy to beat. always at end of halfs lesser players on the field..

Comment

CG toros

Dont count Sunrise out I think they will play much better than game before. Probably underestimated lake worth and are sorry now. But CG you never know just watch the rotation if your smart and they are easy to beat. always at end of halfs lesser players on the field..
                              What makes anyone think that the first matchup between sunrise and CG Toros (3-0 to sunrise) won't happen again
                              Once game in which they're goalie played injured and freak goals occurred does not count them out. Either sunrise or FC florida will win SC. Toros is as good as done

Comment

What makes anyone think that the first matchup between sunrise and CG Toros (3-0 to sunrise) won't happen again
                                Once game in which they're goalie played injured and freak goals occurred does not count them out. Either sunrise or FC florida will win SC. Toros is as good as done
                                Lake W 5 Sunrise 1

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X